vilas

VILAS addons release thread

i will do update of P85 UZIs (Mini and regular) too ,i just need to do new materials (shaders) for it

Great update Vilas - keep up the great work.

Any plans on making a plain MT-LB with the 7.62mm PK MG ? Seems to be a fairly common work horse within the Eastern Bloc ?

or modifying the 2s1 with the turret of the BMP-2 to make the BMP-30 (used by Bulgaria) ?

With regards to the P85 and some of the .paa missing textures - weird thing the Armoured vehicles contained within the US ARMY (M109A3) & Soviets (T55M, T64 series, T80 series, etc.) that are labeled '85 (within the editor) trigger the error message - although when I search through the "Armoured (VIL)" section - all the models are there and work fine in OA & CO. Odd that some work and some don't - is it maybe a conflict with P85 and the other armoured pack you released ?

BTW- the upgraded BMP-2 is awesome - trying to figure out who operates the AGS17 launcher ?

Cheers,

Chapman

Edited by Chapman_2424

How about some mods for Aks and PKP...

yes, i will have them in my to-do list (AK74M, PKP, AK74M + Eotech for Russian police special unit )

Any plans on making a plain MT-LB with the 7.62mm PK MG ? Seems to be a fairly common work horse within the Eastern Bloc ?

probably yes

or modifying the 2s1 with the turret of the BMP-2 to make the BMP-30 (used by Bulgaria) ?

at the moment i don't add Bulgaria to P85 or there is no Bulgarian troops addon, thats why i don't think about it

i doubt that it is "just copy-paste turret to hull", probably interior should be done

i will do (apart from P85) MTLB for Polish addon, so probably i will add then such version (is it 2S1 hull or MTLB hull in BMP30, probably MTLB)

With regards to the P85 and some of the .paa missing textures - weird thing the Armoured vehicles contained within the US ARMY (M109A3) & Soviets (T55M, T64 series, T80 series, etc.) that are labeled '85 (within the editor) trigger the error message - although when I search through the "Armoured (VIL)" section - all the models are there and work fine in OA & CO. Odd that some work and some don't - is it maybe a conflict with P85 and the other armoured pack you released ?

i still must investigate what missing textures you talk about (in Combined Operations use) or you using it in vanila OA without Arma2 ?

i am working at update of P85 vehicles now, so if you have list of what is missing in CO (not vanila OA) than i can fix it

but probably P85 will not be "for OA without A2" because it is woodland area war scene (Central Europe) dedicated

if those bugs (missing textures) appear in CO than i would like to know which vehicle make you this bug (and what version of file of P85 V you have (date of file) )

BTW- the upgraded BMP-2 is awesome - trying to figure out who operates the AGS17 launcher ?

Cheers,

Chapman

probably gunner , but the only problem for me is "how to do grenadelauncher fire effect from grenade launcher barrel, not from other barrel"

cause when i arm BMP2M by AGS , than muzzle effect appear at main barrel

i will try to find solution (unless it is engine limit)

if it will be engine limit , than i have option - release BMP2M in 2 versions :

- version one - like now, commander observation turret turns

- version two - AGS works for commander, but commander cannot turn and only look up and down

But they are not so why would you do this?

Just for easy replacement of some NATO rifles by AKs when it is needed.

i-i10-09-016beryl_05.jpg

:]

Beryl with Stanag adapter

i don't know cause making AK101 (such like) Stanag compatible i can show myself "look first you bash someone for lack of realism and now you do the same" ;) (i know i must change receiver of Zastava M76 and magazine to Mauser one , i will do it, also i will do Zastava 64)

What about 5.56 bulgarian and Zastava variants? Do they use own magazines or can be feeded with stanag ones?

i will do (apart from P85) MTLB for Polish addon, so probably i will add then such version (is it 2S1 hull or MTLB hull in BMP30, probably MTLB)

It is based on the 2S1 Chassis.

I am using CO - I will run through the files and find out which ones are causing the missing texture error.

All I saw was this : Missing file texture not found in P85_v\d\M109.paa (for US ARMY M109A3) - also got a .paa error for the Polish T-55AM ( error was P85_v\d\T55M.paa)

That was all I found in BLUFOR - will check the Russians out later today.

Chapman

Edited by Chapman_2424

please check versions of files (dates)

maybe one is using "texture selection" while other not ?

are config and vehicles pack from similar "era" (i mean old config file, old vehicles pack, new config file, new vehicles pack)

on M109 i have "texture selection" now

but not on T55 yet (in P85 on FTP)

so T55 should "work no matter of config"

What about 5.56 bulgarian and Zastava variants? Do they use own magazines or can be feeded with stanag ones?

i would like to know it too, probably AK101 magazine (althought the same round) will not fit Polish Beryl or Yugo M80

maybe there is in real life compatibility between Russian and Bulgarian

i also have no idea is Polish Tantal 5.45 can use Russian Ak74 magazine

i haven't seen "STANAG adapters" for weapons except Polish Beryl (mark 2010, not earlier)

maybe yes, i have no idea

please check versions of files (dates)

maybe one is using "texture selection" while other not ?

are config and vehicles pack from similar "era" (i mean old config file, old vehicles pack, new config file, new vehicles pack)

on M109 i have "texture selection" now

but not on T55 yet (in P85 on FTP)

so T55 should "work no matter of config"

Yeah I have a @P85 mod folder and all your addons are placed in there (including the Angolan MHPA mod).

The missing texture error seems to only be on the T64 & T80 series tanks in the P85 Soviet section.

Here are the files I am getting errors with : (Which is not a big deal as I have started to replace via the Armoured (VIL) section in the editor)

p85_v\t64_3.paa

p85_v\t64_2.paa

p85_v\t80_3.paa

p85_v\t80_b.paa

p85_v\t80_c.paa

Could be a conflict between your "extra" armoured pack and the P85 files - I could re-install the P85 mod and leave the pack out in my regular addons file - see if that fixes the issue.

Chapman

EDIT : Split the mod folders into a @vil & @P85 - still having the same issue. No worries I'll just use the non-affected Amroured (VIL) units in the editor.

Edited by Chapman_2424

i would like to know it too, probably AK101 magazine (althought the same round) will not fit Polish Beryl or Yugo M80

maybe there is in real life compatibility between Russian and Bulgarian

i also have no idea is Polish Tantal 5.45 can use Russian Ak74 magazine

i haven't seen "STANAG adapters" for weapons except Polish Beryl (mark 2010, not earlier)

maybe yes, i have no idea

Tantal and AK-74 use the same magazines, I've seen Tantal picture with dark plastic mag that is used with AK-74. Also I suppose AK-101/-102 and Beryl mags are common - they're based on 5.45 mm AK-74 (and its polish modification) so I doubt that the same caliber change was made differently in Russia and Poland.

Edited by Spooky Lynx

yes, i see, there was bug with lack of textures and wrong calling for material in config

sory

now i am replacing (it was due to w.i.p. on update test version) P85_V and P85_CFG

w.i.p. version has more cars with fixed geometry (better steering) and APC not jumping (heavier BMPs, MTLB)

also this no-tex bug fixed, few cars more have glass break effect now

update of P85 is not finished of course (till i will do some OA features, OA config etc.) , sory for previous buggy w.i.p. version

in 1 hour P85_V archive should be on FTP (config is 100 kb, so it is matter of second)

can't wait till all P85 content is up to date, I love P85 so much. That era is a really fun one (or maybe it's just nostalgia for OFP :))

http://rapidshare.com/files/442606337/public.rar

i had some asks in private but i have no time (really lacking free time) to help all /everyone

so i am giving first part to "do rest yourself"

Landrover hard top MLOD (textures are in Polish addon or P85 vehicles)

van , Arma1 work, but only van in game except UAZ 451 in P85

usefull for Police/ambulance

paramedic

fire engine truck rear part

in future i will add more

it is made due to requests for MP clans that need civil vehicles for RPG type missions, if i had time to help more i would pack it better individually for clans, but i run of free time so i am giving elements (soon i will pack Policeman/Sherif )

regarding UZI for P85 and packs

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/6923/60518746.jpg

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/5762/96137616.jpg

w.i.p.

Edited by vilas

returning to my previous post with releasing some MLODs for clans and RPG mods

as i have no time and clans request some police things, i am releasing thing i was giving to clans and thing i have on my disc (but not distributed before)

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/4107/policel.jpg

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/other/vil_police.7z

you can divide/change/repack it for your clans, reskin it , rearm them etc.

models are binarised in this pack

currently they are armed with my west pack (http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/other/vilas_wwp.7z with UZIs and MP5 Eotech since today)

Thank you for this. This is one of the reasons I have taken up working on addons because of masters like you that are willing to share what they know. This is gonna help my skills sooooo much. Thank you again for being so generous.

i don't know why on rapidshare my file was deleted and is unavailable, i will pack again some MLODs and textures

edit 1 : http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/3072/umpd.jpg for Polish pack (SWAT use it)

edit 2 : link to MLODs that was deleted by rapid share (previous site, bottom )

http://rapidshare.com/files/442914541/public.rar

Edited by vilas

vilas did u upload that yugo pack to your weapons addon yet?

haven't checked it yet

Edited by SuperRat

there was reported that M76 had wrong receiver ("export")

receiver on M76 changed to real (not "export" version, but "export" version left in pack too)

+ M64 with very characteristic receiver

yyyyu.jpg

uploading them in 30 minutes for Yougoslavian conflict needs (so now there are full set of Zastava 64, 70, 76, 72, 84, 77 or 80 (i can't call proper name for 5.56)

looks great Vilas. Nice attention to details!