vilas

VILAS addons release thread

Thanks for czech octavia topas, i was going to ask for that one, but you were faster ;)

Vilas, can you tell me which PBO contains the config file for the Mi-2 helicopter? I'd like to edit it slightly (for personal use only) as it is currently way too sensitive and makes the heli almost impossible to fly. The slightest movement of the mouse can turn you upside down.

Many thanks.

Lada (Russian version), than it will be selfstanding addon (including Octavia model, maybe UAZ 451 van for Russian/ CDF Police too )

That would be awesome, the MVD (Such as BIS units and Binks OMON) could be put to use in more believable situations.

Ok, think that'd be enough for now:

I may still make a Moldavian one -> see here, but then we call it a break; there's really nothing interesting paintscheme-wise anymore

Slovenia

slo1.jpg

Croatia

cro.jpg

Germany

de_2.jpg

Slovakia

SK.jpg

Georgia

geo1.jpg

Sorry for the normalmapping mismatch on the doors,

Original addon's doors were drawn based on Skoda Octavia II, my reskins corrected it, have just not made a fitting normalmap to go with it yet

Edited by topas

Germany

de_2.jpg

Looks very nice but german cars didn't have the oval D sign on the back since 1995 anymore. The blue EU part on the numberplate overtaken this role. Some people in germany use it only as an additional insigna for her car today or don't know that isn't necessary for now.

But all in all a good work :)

The driver is an euro-sceptic patriot :P

(on a serious note; ok, will get of rid as soon as I add proper license plates)

-------@ Vilas re: Gecko ---------

You should seriously consider using as little BIS-texture-parts as possible. With the next patch or whatever decision they make they'll change the paths and we'll end up with white stuff and missing textures again.

A proper / custom wheel does not need much space on the UV and time to do ;)

Plus; BIS brdm wheels from Arma1 aren't the highest quality you can get. Not to mention Gecko's wheels are more baloony.

example pic

Edited by topas

The driver is an euro-sceptic patriot :P

-------@ Vilas re: Gecko ---------

You should seriously consider using as little BIS-texture-parts as possible. With the next patch or whatever decision they make they'll change the paths and we'll end up with white stuff and missing textures again.

how could anyone know that they will change paths :/

i try to use BIS textures to make packs smaller for download and more download-friendly

i will check in weekend what they changed that people have no textures since 1.55 (i almost not use OA, cause i like Chernarus, not desert areas)

wip progress

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/3868/85819199.jpg

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/1358/77399576.jpg

and maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaany thanx to APS GNAT for fixing W-3 gunship helicopter config !!! (and other people that tried to help)

i hope in weekend to make update of Polish pack (W-3 functional, SA-8, Octavia, unless YAC won't give Kia Ceed SW, than it will be in update too)

i will also check what is situation after 1.55 patch

Hey Vilas,

Do your artillery pieces work properly with the New Artillery Computer introduced in 1.54?

I have to say, your P'85 Soviet troops are absolutely -gorgeous-. I don't know about the American forces or the British ones, but at least the Soviets are beautiful indeed! So well done. Also the vehicles all look very, very good, despite some minor issues here and there.

As to the weapons, well - they're nice, but could use some updating. I'm not talking looks or animations or textures or anything like that; those are all fine. The problems are all config related. For instance, the recoil on the guns is generally completely off when compared to vanilla recoil. Not necessarily a problem per say, but the machinegun recoils actually kick DOWNWARDS now instead of up, when prone! Noted at least on the M60 and the PKMs. I understand you might have spent a lot of time perfecting the recoils to match your vision of these weapons, but is it too much to ask to simply use default recoil values?

Second is the sounds. Some of them are fine, once again, such as most of the AK sounds etc. But some are completely off and have nothing to do with the rest, such as the sound for the machineguns and the FN-FAL sound. Suddenly there's this tinny echo that sounds like something ripped off a YouTube clip. It may be that the default sounds are a little lackluster, but at least they're consistent. Any thoughts on working on these? One solution would be to simply use default sounds, for now.

Various other things are sort of hanging around as well. When throwing certain grenades, instead of getting the new OA "green circle that grows bigger when you hold in the button and then release" thing, you get a static white circle in poor resolution. Some of the units hit up missing RVMAT error messages (in particular I noticed the Team Leader (Afghan) doing this among the Soviet troops). Minor stuff, but bothersome.

It's too bad, since as I mentioned, these models are beautiful, really quite inspiring. I'm sure you and I aren't the only ones a bit bored with 2010-era warfare which mostly consists of precision bombing people living in caves, and it'd be great to bring back some ol' Cold War-era balls out real fighting between major powers. Now with OA, we have a whole "Afghanistan-wannabe" country that can be invaded any number of times by the Soviet Union, with the added bonus that all the OA Takistani units work equally well in 1985 as they do in 2010 :)

Unfortunately, as things stand right now, I would only be able to use the unit models themselves (which are, as I said, gorgeous); the weapon pack is a little too uneven, with regards to recoil and sounds, to be quite useable right now. They're all very pretty though, so it's really a waste to have to replace everybody's weaponry with default BIS guns...

Food for thought. I understand if you're not interested in working on the P'85 units any longer though, you're a busy dude after all. Keep on rocking!

Regards,

Wolfrug

P85 is yet not tested and not yet compatible with OA, thats why you had some problems with missing textures, sounds or etc.

try it in vanila Arma2

files are under wip update (details on my forum)

Arma1 weapons are being replaced by Arma2 quality (wip) or with my packs with file that arms P85 units in VIL packs

currently files were updated - for test purpose

but once again - i am almost not using OA (desert scenery not attracts me) but P85 will be updated also for OA (yet i had no time to watch it)

register on my forum - point every missing texture or RVMAT in OA - it will help me a lot and save my time (which i lack now)

in vanila Arma2 you won't have problems you said - in OA you will have cause OA is not compatible with mods working in vanilla Arma (animations, recoil, some textures, some sounds, some classes) and P85 was made for "Central Europe Scenarios"

regarding sounds - if you have pack of sounds with copyright that i can use in P85 - would be good

OA and vanilla Arma2 would require TWO independent versions of config of P85 (cause of recoil is just first example)

i know that many people now interested in OA not vanilla A2, but P85 started with idea of conflict on territory of my country (thats why large part of models are Polish army, East Germany and Brits are only paratroopers)

P85 was Central Europe (thats why still on Chernarus and waiting for CWR islands , Nogova )

but OA users will get also P85 compatibility , but please post , point errors in OA in my forum, than it will be bugtracker

also files were updated for download - mostly new AK models/textures, some vehicles get Arma2 shaders, they were optimized for better performance (goal of P85 was large battle scenes with 100 or 200 units) , CDF'85 units get ability to jump and units get optimization (section number from 20-30 to 5-8, for VGA/CPU, not for player's eye, using 200 units you may notice difference in 1 FPS, hehe)

so please register on my forum and give there bug report regarding Operation Arrowhead (with details, but also using new updated files)

Edited by vilas

Vilas, not sure if you saw my previous post but is there a possibility that you will fix the Mi-2 flight handling as it is a great little chopper but currently completely un-flyable due to being way too sensitive. :(

probably weight/mass in Geo LOD determines behavior of vehicle as i dont see engine power in cfg

i will do Mi2 new - for A2 standarts, this what is now in P85 is OFP>Arma1

i had no time before, but Mi2 is on my to-do list

probably weight/mass in Geo LOD determines behavior of vehicle as i dont see engine power in cfg

i will do Mi2 new - for A2 standarts, this what is now in P85 is OFP>Arma1

i had no time before, but Mi2 is on my to-do list

Cool, many thanks Vilas. Keep up the good work!

Vilas, for the Mi-2 check the weight in the geo LOD.

I had to make all of my models heavier.

i know, lack of "power" of engine is sometimes problematic, cause all vehicles must be heavy (than your tank won't push from road your apc)

remember Arma1 jumping M113 in Arma2 ? it was because of mass

so now we must do all "heavy" to keep it not jumping and stearable

Heavy meaning too heavy or what?

they were too light

in Arma1 i was giving "real mass value" to have "effect of pushing off road during collision"

but when i gave 15 000 kg to BMP, M113 - it was jumping during using break and when taking turn - capsizing

i had to give it mass 25 000 or 30 000 , so now during collision with T72 ( 46 000) it is not as easy to push off road

but when taking turn - they not capsize

i remember how i took other addon from Arma1 - when vehicles were moving fast and had to turn , they capsized and SP mission "attack and take city" was failed, cause all APC were capsized

my Mi2 must be too light

people who tested W-3 helicopter say it steers good, i had to give it mass almost like Mi17 (while Polish W-3 is something between Mi2 and Mi8/17)

Edited by vilas

Isn't RV 2's gravity around 1/3 normal, i.e. like the moon? That would probably account for the necessary increase in weight.

Hi i hope you will add buck-shots to your shotguns

No revelation here thou, fire few times AA-12 and you will see that pellets hit in almost the same position

BIS make buckshot fire as an ammo simulation "shotspread" so no adjustment

of number of pellets and their depression with is lame because we can forget

about Bird shots, Anti Air dispersal gun, or Abrams anti personal ammunition!

Edited by Azrael000

hi

note - because of problems with latest patch and OA when using weapons :

1) if you have my weapons pack and there is twister arms bug on units (OA), please download it again , custom anims were deleted, file was updated week ago (discussion in previous site)

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/other/vilas_aks.7z

addon contains "extra" folder, which contain BIS-sound config replacement, P85 weapon replacement (if you want use old P85 weapons file, but overwrite them with those from pack, it was temporary solution before P85 weapons were updated)

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/other/vilas_wwp.7z < west weapons had no custom anims as i remember, so should be bugs-free as i suppose

2) if you use Alien Marines and you have shadow bug , please download again

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/vil_apc_a2.7z

3) if you have issues (not jumping SLA'85 soldiers in P85) please check new version of P85 troops containing changed (jumping possibility) SLA , one more Soviet soldier, 2 more Polish soldiers, lower number of sections (you should gain 1-2 FPS when using 100 units in mission, hehe, maybe CPU use will decrease for 2 % ? ) models were optimized, so cannot say how big is influence on gameplay

this change off course require new config (because of adding 3 soldiers more)

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/85temp/p85_troop_a.7z

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/85temp/p85_config_a.7z

4) P85 weapons have been updated , old Arma1 P85 G3 were replaced with new G3 (mostly better ironsight, Arma2 materials), Arma1 P85 AK and RPK were replaced with new AK and RPK with A2 shaders

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/85temp/p85_wpn3d_a.7z

5) some P85 vehicles were optimized , some get glass-break effect (which lack was since Arma1 release), some get Arma2 materials (shaders), number of so called "sections" decreased, should be more optimised now

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/85temp/p85_v_a.7z

as you see, i am trying to updating quality of content which already exist too

i don't give news note on websites, because i had no time for test all myself (and my friends on my forum also are very busy)

those addons are Arma2/CO, they were not fully tested on OA (FLIR in P85 is not made, some features of OA are not applied)

of course in future things will be updated still (new Mi2, update of quality of cars in P85, some more updates)

my vehicles pack (those separate) will get FLIR (i hope to find time for it) and thermal maps will be on weaponholders (now in test form)

6) thermal-maps test version of weapon holders (including Indian soldiers, DPRK, Russians etc.)

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/other/vil_char.7z

i have no time for testing it all myself

Russians with thermal map will be applied to pack too (now there are only my models, i will add more Russian models in future (RPG, backpack, Spetznatz )

currently workin on more updates of old addons (P85, FLIR for vehicles, Polish pack vehicles have thermals since some months )

so plans for upcoming months are:

- finalizing P85 for Combined Operations (A2 shaders, OA features), making better cars to replace old one , new model of Mi2 , maybe BTR50/Topas , adding SA-8, adding Dana howitzer , new UZI and MiniUzi models , new TT, maybe old M113A1, Chaparell such like vehicle

- Polish pack - adding engineering vehicle(s)

- selfstanding addons of vehicles - applying FLIR to them and CDF/Takistan camo skins (BMP1, 2S1, M109, M113A2),

- missions packs for those units

thanx for patience, really had no time to test it all myself (every soldier, every rifle, every vehicle moving every turret) and friends are too busy with real life