vilas

VILAS addons release thread

That would explain what used to occur when i ran a tracking script on the shells from the sp guns in the p85 pack. Shell would fire and then just fly off at a 90 degree angle.

so i updated (so far on my wip forum) both PL and P85 , fixed artillery finally , so now there are:

1) in P85:

2S1, 2S3, 2S7, M109, M102, M114, M198 artillery working (update of 3 files : config, V, weapons)

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2010 08:30 am Post subject: LINKS Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/85temp/p85_wpn3d_a.7z

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/85temp/p85_config_a.7z

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/85temp/p85_v_a.7z

2) in PL :

2S1, WR-40 (BM21 in new truck), Krab 155mm (new cluster ammo explosion effect by me), Dana 152mm, RAK (Rosomak 120mm Mortar) in game :) PL01 Concept of course added too but it is not artillery

now i can take holidays as i finally fixed this artillery (i never suppose it could be model animations issue, i believed something wrong with the config)

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/vilas_npl_as.7z

i hope it works for you too, cause i finally have some break from PC :) after 2 weeks maybe more Topas reskins will appear :)

Edited by vilas

Das ist fantastisch!)) I joined especially because of artillery ('ve been waiting long) and I have a suggestion to make Russian army, CHDKZ and CDF reskins for 2S3 "Akacya", maybe "Krab", "Dana" and M109 for CDF, that woulde be nice) You know, something like continuation of unfinished PCDF project)

Edited by Fulcrum_86

Yep - once again, an epic amount of work! :D

Could you add night vision to german tanks in the next version please? Its really weird that the german tanks dont have any means to fight during night time.

And thermal vision on later models, Leopard 2 were issued with thermal optics since 1983 (and I think M1A1 too), not sure about later soviet models though.

EDIT: and the soviet tank launched ATGMs behave very strange. After 500 meters they start "jumping" wildly so you cant hit anything beyond 1000m.

Edited by negah

Latest artillery bug found.

Artillery works OK in case of player firing, but WON'T WORK WITH AI, AI won't fire using BIS arty module.

i will check how to fix this bug with AI

meanwhile:

- i have fixed 3 bugs in civilian cars pack, updated it on work in progress stage, after tests i will make official update:

1) bug of rear lights in BMW7, Smart - there were constantly flashing rear lights in night in those 2 vehicles

2) one of FireFighters trucks had turned on strobe when initiated, now i turned off strobe so vehicle start with turned off strobe,

3) few vehicles had wrong class, 1 ambulance, 1 police car, 1 firefighter van were under "CAR" not under "Police" "Fire Fighters" "Life Rescue" editor classes

also i replaced Ford Transit mk. 2000 by Ford Transit mk 2008 for EU-paint police

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/vilas_cpl_as.7z

i hope i will also in future add huge touristic bus (why not, for fun)

Actually, it would be helpful in some counter/anti-terrorist scenarios, so I see it pretty reasonable. If you could make its deck walk-able it would be awesome :)

Great job so far, Vilas, I am your huge fan, mate :)

Articulated (bendy bus) ? :D

Would be great, how hard would that be to do ?

Topas works hard on updating textures

well, I do sporadically, in fact. Retired from active modding I do this as a little private project. If the results are ok I will give it to Vilas to include in the A3 version of his mod, where quality and detail would need to be raised significantly.

Having the unique opportunity of access to Vilas' models in MLOD format I couldn't resist to try fixing some of the issues that always bugged me; mostly shadow lods. I reworked all of those including almost all attachements to a vehicle's body (mirrors, antennas, hinges, etc, etc) so shadow lods are the most detailed imaginable. Not sure if this is performance friendly, but this this for my own perverted pleasure.

With some of the models I decided to replace elements with more detailed ones, like more round headlights, smokelaunchers, added some stuff that was missing or simplified in the original version (like replacing .nohq elements with proper 3d models).

Having the privilege of exclusive-on-demand access to source files (.cdr/.psd) I was able to redraw the original textures from scractch alongside with improved .smdi for detailed scratches, reworked nohqs for better tyre textures etc.) and decided to use the newest camouflage pattern introduced 2013/2014 (sand/olive/black) instead of the mid-90's (brown/green/black) used earlier. Below some examples (watch in full resolutiuon/size):

TPS_krab.jpg TPS_regina.jpg TPS_regina2.jpg TPS_kto.jpg

I also experiment with adding functional army licence and ADR plates, tactical signs, numbers, emblems, decals in general.

buldozer_2014_04_13_21_26_12_32.jpg buldozer_2014_04_20_23_32_36_50.jpg

Again; this is a private effort with little to none time to really devote to; so rather a proof of concept than an actual release aimed project.

Edited by topas

topas that retexturing is great! Is awesome how the model changes by improving the textures

Nice work Topas.

I will be able to spend more time on the config vilas, I have some time of work very shortly so expect some p85 config updates

Topas - those textures are INSANE! That totally needs to be a thing. :cool:

sv5000 - what about those Vilas weapon packs? Will they ever get updated again or are they pretty much "final"?

Cheers for the hard work people! :eek:

sv5000 - what about those Vilas weapon packs? Will they ever get updated again or are they pretty much "final"?

Mate, Vilas decided that until the theft from certain Dayz mods stopped that all work on weapons packs was to stop. I have other stuff for it and if Vilas tells me yes then the packs will get updated

yes, new tex will be applied to new vehicles , cause as Topas said, Polish army is repainting but old camo is on older vehicles (90s-2012, it was strongly inspired by US/NATO CARC scheme http://www.attbar.com/military.php < carc), now they repaint brown to sand and black is replaced by darker-grey

for update there will be several new variants (mostly newest stuff or currently-tested prototypes)

so update will be for Arma2, about A3 i cannot say anything due to lack of time , but A2 will be pimped (but shadow lods will not be as pimped as for A3, due to keeping better performance for A2 engine)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a4/POL_KTO_Rosomak.jpg < paint scheme from 90s-2012 (like US C.A.R.C.)

http://www.defence24.pl/uploads/images/2012/12/Wozy-dow%C3%B3dczo-sztabowe-zbudowano-na-podwoziach_g%C4%85sienicowych-po-haubicach-2S1.jpg

http://biztonsagpiac.hu/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/krab.jpg

new painting

Edited by vilas

Mate, Vilas decided that until the theft from certain Dayz mods stopped that all work on weapons packs was to stop. I have other stuff for it and if Vilas tells me yes then the packs will get updated

Yeah - I can respect the decision. :)

Then it'll probably never be updated. There's no way to actually know whether people are going to keep stealing the models, or not. And if the case has to come forward that all of the mods and un-authorized uses of models be banned, then again, it's impossible.

not so bad :)

i am simply very very busy with other job, but i will try to update , now i work hard on Polish army addon (which is at the moment in beta tests, available under link: http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/vilas_npl_as.7z 500mb, just some more variants of Rosomak with few Rosomak prototypes like CT-CV for example and another Anders prototype with CT-CV and several vehicles have new Topas skins, of course those new vehicles are prototypes, they do not serve in army, but few more new Topas textures will be in pack too)

so now i try to find all bugs and repair bugs in Polish pack, than i will return to other addons (if i will have time)

shame that i have no time for A3 import,

just some more variants of Rosomak with few Rosomak prototypes like CT-CV for example and another Anders prototype with CT-CV and several vehicles have new Topas skins

105mm FireSupportVehicle "WILK"

buldozer_2014_06_15_14_01_17_10.jpg buldozer_2014_06_15_14_01_21_94.jpg

120mm MobileMortarSystem "RAK"

buldozer_2014_06_15_14_02_18_67.jpg buldozer_2014_06_15_14_02_58_70.jpg

Will W-3 and BI Mi-8/17/24 also get some "war paint"? :cool:

And well... W-3 in general needs some love (rotor-blur, flight parameters, etc).

The air assets have been kind of under-developed in this and P85 :rolleyes:

Hej, 15 miała być oddana nowa wersja modu, Gdzie można ja pobrać? ( Hi, 15 a latest version given back was supposed to be modu, where it is possible I to charge?)

someone promissed me fix of config, small config fix week earlier - there was no that fix, so there was no update

i have bug with AI artillery support - thats why there was no update yet, cause i do not know how to fix it,

so probably i will do update without this feature

--------

ktoś obiecał pomoc w konfigu - nie dostałem , więc nie było updatu,

pewnie wydam bez tego fixa, trudno