vilas

VILAS addons release thread

ooo so this bevel should be inner ? not a problem as it is NOHQ layer, i can make it inner in one second by inverting layer :)

if you say so , okay, no problem

Yeah, I think so.

If it's in your normal map you can just select that portion of your normal map and invert the red and green channels or invert your height map in that area.

not a problem , if anyone wants to do such configs, configs are in CPP, not binarised, go ahead and edit configs , if anyone can rework T55 cfg for his needs, go ahead

But the vehicles of p85 havent config, that way I can edit the sound of t-55?

I can put the sound of bis standard, it replaces the JSRs.

Or i can do in the p85 confing? I have to change?

Thanks again

1) APC already changed, link as before, new beta uploaded yesterday's night, i have changed :

- textures and materials for M42C, Railgun, Sadar

- i have remodelled Sadar (sight)

- reticles for Scoped Rifle and Railgun

- flashlights for Scoped and golden pistol,

- i have added grenadelauncher (mix of AvP1 and AvP2 models, my own fantasy about such gl) and flamethrower, only problem is that on my PC there are no flames visible, maybe PC related, i have no idea, Dimitri said he has flames in this weapon, i haven't , i even switched post-effects on to see it, but no matter if i have post-effects on or off, i do not see, so please test yourself if you see flames

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/vil_apc_a2.7z

2) yes, P85 config

every file in P85 and now in modern PL addon has separate config file, to make easy for people who want to replace my config with their own, every addon has 2 files, one file contain models, textures, another contain config in CPP (not binarized)

so anyone can take and edit himself those configs the way he wants

p85_conig is config for :weapons and military vehicles in P85

p85_cars_cfg is config for civilian and law enforcement cars

p85_xxx_cfg is config for each faction in P85 (PL, DDR/D, UK/US, SU, RACS/FIA/SLA)

Edited by vilas

1) APC already changed, link as before, new beta uploaded yesterday's night, i have changed :

- textures and materials for M42C, Railgun, Sadar

- i have remodelled Sadar (sight)

- reticles for Scoped Rifle and Railgun

- flashlights for Scoped and golden pistol,

- i have added grenadelauncher (mix of AvP1 and AvP2 models, my own fantasy about such gl) and flamethrower, only problem is that on my PC there are no flames visible, maybe PC related, i have no idea, Dimitri said he has flames in this weapon, i haven't , i even switched post-effects on to see it, but no matter if i have post-effects on or off, i do not see, so please test yourself if you see flames

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/vil_apc_a2.7z

Nice

- Can't see flames, even with Module-Functions

- Grenadier's weapon could use a little more range and a side iron sight to allow aiming high

okay, i know what i made wrong with config when copying Dimitri's scripts

regarding GL weapon, maybe "zeroing" is also very much connected with bullet speed , cause when i do "slow" bullets, aiming always make problem, no matter if i will do "distancezoommax" or "distancezoommin" 50 or 25 or 400 or 600, i observed it while ago, when making silenced undersonic weapons, i have to use aim-setting at 50 /100 not at 200/300/400, it has something with parabole of flight as i understand, the slower speed, the less straight line, okay, i defined speed ca. 70, so as all M203, GP25 weapons have non-straight aim-line (eye direction, eye point) which is some degrees moved to the barrel line (or i can turn for few degrees "usti hlavne" "konec hlavne" and see what effect will i see)

probably for speeds below 200 it is impossible to make staight zeroed setting,

so i will try to turn for 1 or 2 degrees (not 5 or more like it is with M203, GP25 sights)

---------

edit : i have fixed it , uploading new beta with several types of Sadar warheads

Edited by vilas

Vilas, would it be possible to equip the 'olive BDU' soldiers (in your Western weaponholders pack) with a US M1 steel helmet instead of the PASGT one? Your P85 Bundeswehr wear something closely resembling an M1 steel helmet. It would make the olive BDU soldiers better resemble '82 Argentine forces.

William

...or most of the "80s-90s OD bandwagon" military.

Vilas - I know you put the Type-63 APC in a while ago - Wondering if we'll see a Type-69 in the future ?

Also - since the last update the headlights on all your vehicles are always ON or the animation for the headlamps is there. Looks like a white circle in front of the headlamps.

Cheers,

Chapman

Please check the German Flecktarn units! they are without G36s and MG4s.

@DiFool, Chapman_2424 , strange:

http://imageshack.us/a/img18/7967/nowy1yu.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img21/2819/nowy2mg.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img51/7600/nowy3q.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img96/1912/nowy4i.jpg

cause i have all G36 on Flecktarn weaponholders, nothing was erased, strange

also nothing flashes in vehicles in P85 , hmmm

It could be a conflict with some of your old stuff - I just copied over the old files. I shall try a freshy-fresh re-install.

Thanks,

Chapman

Hi Vilas

Your last updates was perfect. The vehicle's now dont shake. Only one car, the military police car.

All the other vehicles dont shake now. Thanks for the great update.:)

@DiFool, Chapman_2424 , strange:

http://imageshack.us/a/img18/7967/nowy1yu.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img21/2819/nowy2mg.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img51/7600/nowy3q.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img96/1912/nowy4i.jpg

cause i have all G36 on Flecktarn weaponholders, nothing was erased, strange

also nothing flashes in vehicles in P85 , hmmm

In my case it's been my fault. Your West Weapon Pack hasn't been loaded together with P85 mod. Sorry!

hasn't ? but it west weapons pack + weaponholders are independent from P85

hasn't ? but it west weapons pack + weaponholders are independent from P85

But that has fixed it. Hmm maybe it wasn't with your P85 but your Weaponholder units. Error message popped up with Vil_Fal missing.

Forget everything cause everything is working as it should do. Thanks for your work, Vilas!

yeah vil_fal is a west weapons pack weapon, not a p85 one. you'll know its p85 because all the classnames start with "p85"

Dunno if reported already, but just in case:

-many vehicles(like SA8) have moving parts(glass, steering wheel etc) while moving in 3rd person.

-all G36 variants dont have moving charging handle while firing.

-all pistols dont lock to the rear when empty.

-all rifles that have bolt lock irl dont have them(tho it's cool with AKs since they dont have that irl).

-M60A3 upper track wheels(the small ones) dont move.

-all W3 variants have really weird flight parameters and the swash plate(the central part of the main rotor) doesent move.

But really - epic epicness overall!

Bars,you have the old Skoda Octavia retextures+addon from Topas?

Im asking because that addon glitched with current Vilas packs,CTDs and had the same probs with moving windshield,steering and the driver himself(Benny Hill moment there):P when vehicles from that addon were on the same map with Vilas ones.

Btw Vilas any chance for the red,silver,black skins for Octavia in future releases?

Yeah I guess I have those but not placed on the map - I was just testing vehicles and weapons 1 by 1 for a vid i'm wanting to do.

Will do some more research then and prolly get rid of the Octavia pack then=)

I'm currently running latest beta with:

P85

Polish forces

west+east w.p. + weaponholders

some misc addons like CBA RHS CWR2 FDF and some GBs of other stuff=)

EDIT:

-VITYAZ operator's VAL cobra refuses to accept 20rd mags=\

-HRL boat doesent load and gives "Bad vehicle type" message instead.

Edited by Bars91

Love the new colonial marine units! Anything else in the pipework relating to them upcoming?

Thank you for the latest colonial marines update - I tried it yesterday and loved it.

The only thing that wouldn't work for me was the flamethrower. I can hear it activate, but flames are not visible. "Yes," I did place the Functions module on the map. Is the Functions module as finicky as GL4's modules? For GL4, one HAS TO place the modules before ANYTHING else is placed, in order for them to work properly.

Keep up the GREAT work! Now, if only we could get an Aliens or Terminator model working in the game (*hint-hint*).

Oops! I forgot to mention that I'm trying out your mod with ACE 2 + COWarModACE active. Could that be affecting the flamethrower so that I don't see the stream of flames?

Edited by Kyle_K_ski

Oops! I forgot to mention that I'm trying out your mod with ACE 2 + COWarModACE active. Could that be affecting the flamethrower so that I don't see the stream of flames?

When testing a new mod to see if it works, always always always run the mod alone before you report problems with mod functionality. After you've determined that the mod works as intended, then add other mods to the mix. This way if the mod stops working, you know it's an interaction with another mod and this really helps the modmaker in pinning down the incompatibility problem.

I'd also suggest that if the mod stops working after you've added other mods to the mix, go back to square one and test each added mod separately. This lets you tell the modmaker exactly what mod is causing the incompatibility problem.