vilas

VILAS addons release thread

Hi there!

re the 2k16 sight: I'd say give it the T55 one. right now, it doesn't have anything to properly aim its weapons with.

re 5.) <-if you mean you don't have time to rework the whole config...I believe Gossamer has offered his help in doing so. maybe for a future update?

and finally re the weaponsholders: Sorry! I totally forgot about those! If you ever have time to take a look at them again, could you add a MG unit (I mean the p3d file with proper magazine pouches) and an officer model please? :)

looking forward to the new P85 version btw :)

re 5.) <-if you mean you don't have time to rework the whole config...I believe Gossamer has offered his help in doing so. maybe for a future update?

It'll take me a while as there's a ton of stuff in P'85, but I can definitely do it.

This would make all weapons/vehicles compatible with WarFX/other effects mods and Sound mods (using inheritance off of BIS classes)

As for more fixes, there are a lot of belt-fed machineguns in which the belt doesn't move while firing. If you'd like to see an example of a gun with this feature working, Xeno426 has re-worked your MG-3 model to have belt animations working, just contact him and he'd gladly pass the updated model back to you.

Thanx guys ! I am just looking after the 2K16 gunners sight on the internet and by my tank-mechanic friends, so maybe i can get some infos about that. :)

time is my main limitation, so i am doing anything i can do in free time i have for Arma, thats why those addons have 3-4 updates every year, last weekend i had time to do map icons for many vehicles for P85, this weekend i will try to make those changes listed here (i cannot promise recoil for all tanks, maybe for some)

modern Polish pack, P85 have backpacks, damage wheels now,

next step will be making this to other addons, as weaponholders , also i am doing WIKI (it is many hours work), at the moment wiki for P85 and PL addon is half-done,

other addons also need such class-name+picture WIKI, thats why this belt animation and such like details are not yet done, a lot of models have to be touched, binarized again to apply new movements,

for the moment i have problem with parabolic flight of rocket, i want corvette to fire like Javelin (i made corvette, you can google it "Orkan, class 660" warship)

but W-W/G rocket fly straight from warship body (instead of parabolic flight), it looks stupid when you see rocket flying straight out of warship body (RBS15 rocket, 4.30 meter long)

also it should work : fire and forget, but it fails and need eye-lead

Edited by vilas

Hi Vilas once again I have to thank you for just excellent work with Eastern Weaponry, I have a question though, while playing around with the Soviet vehicles pack I noticed that two versions of the BMP-2 - the BMP-2D and BMP-2M lacked smoke countermeasures is there any chance these vehicles might just get that in a future release of this just excellent mod? :)

Thanks again

opffever

Vilas,

i did not get any more infos about the BRDM-1 2k16 gunners sight. I'm sorry. Well, i think you should add the T-55's or the basic Brdm-2 AT's sight for that one.

time is my main limitation, so i am doing anything i can do in free time i have for Arma, thats why those addons have 3-4 updates every year, last weekend i had time to do map icons for many vehicles for P85, this weekend i will try to make those changes listed here (i cannot promise recoil for all tanks, maybe for some)

modern Polish pack, P85 have backpacks, damage wheels now,

next step will be making this to other addons, as weaponholders , also i am doing WIKI (it is many hours work), at the moment wiki for P85 and PL addon is half-done,

other addons also need such class-name+picture WIKI, thats why this belt animation and such like details are not yet done, a lot of models have to be touched, binarized again to apply new movements,

for the moment i have problem with parabolic flight of rocket, i want corvette to fire like Javelin (i made corvette, you can google it "Orkan, class 660" warship)

but W-W/G rocket fly straight from warship body (instead of parabolic flight), it looks stupid when you see rocket flying straight out of warship body (RBS15 rocket, 4.30 meter long)

also it should work : fire and forget, but it fails and need eye-lead

Let some of us help you out then. That's a lot of work for 1 man.

I know how to do the barrel recoiling perfectly now (I've done it to all the models that you've sent me).

Vilas,

i did not get any more infos about the BRDM-1 2k16 gunners sight. I'm sorry. Well, i think you should add the T-55's or the basic Brdm-2 AT's sight for that one.

2p27.jpg

From 2P27 vehicle manual.

regards vilas,

about your vehicle , how many there are yet ? 300 ? i remeber your very first series on arma , it was flavored

:)

Thanx Spooky Linx ! Thats a big help ! :)

If you guys need some more info - PM me, I'll try to seek something in official manuals that are on Russian book sites.

thanx for tests , so now there will be a update of "Polish" addon:

addon was tested and full tested not-splitted version is here http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7035 440 MB but following requests i have splitted this addon to 2 parts:

- military stuff, human models, weapons, policemen, apcs, tanks etc.

- civilian cars , vans, civil trucks

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17448 < military part, 390 MB

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17447 < 70 MB, civil cars (Kia Ceed, Alfa Romeo 159, vans: Opel Vivaro, Fiat Ducato/Peugeot Boxer, VW Transporter, Ford Transit), ambulances, fire engines , police cars (i get report that it was tested after split and there are no errors or ctd, so...)

small note: there is no difference in content between splitted and not-splited versions (with one exception of one civ. truck more in splited) so whether you use splited or not splited version - you should have 99.9% the same content, just one was tested by several men, and second by not many ;)

and there is important note:

this divided cars pack works selfstanding if you do not use police cars, fire engines, ambulances crewed !

if you use them "empty" it works

but if you want to use them with crew (policeman, firefighter, paramedic) it needs units from main pack (_npl.pbo)

because policemen are in npl.pbo

using it "empty" in editor should not make any ctd because of lack of crew

rest of cars use Arma2 Chernorussian men as a crew,

probably in future there will be update of this civilian cars pack with for example Chernorussian skins (police, ambulance etc.) or Nogova or maybe reskin packs, who knows,

so if you are not interested in Polish military part and you want to use only civil cars separately - remember - put in editor empty police cars, fireengines, ambulances

and vice versa if you want only fighting vehicles and do not care about ambulances, fireengines, civil cars and want only fighting machines, there is a military part ready

WIKI:

http://www.createforum.com/vilas/viewtopic.php?t=75&mforum=vilas < backpacks

http://www.createforum.com/vilas/viewtopic.php?t=68&mforum=vilas < civili veh

http://www.createforum.com/vilas/viewtopic.php?t=61&mforum=vilas < military veh

http://www.createforum.com/vilas/viewtopic.php?t=71&mforum=vilas < police veh

http://www.createforum.com/vilas/viewtopic.php?t=70&mforum=vilas < units

http://www.createforum.com/vilas/viewtopic.php?t=69&mforum=vilas < weapons

update changelog (since previous official rease version from 18/11-11-2011):

fixed :

- animation of magazine hide in Beryls with new polymer magazine,

- loadout of AA system Osa (9K33/SA-8), loadout of Rosomaks (instead of one type of ammo now there are APDS, HE) ,

- repainted some uniforms, more divided fabrics for uniforms (older colors of Wz93, top-new, wornout colors etc) also divided generations of desert uniform (earlier Operation Enduring Freedom version is brighter and more contrast, current issue is darker and more yellowish and less contrast),

- more units models get backpack compatibility (previously only modern woodland troops, airborne troops and desert troops, now: 90s woodland troops, winter troops, border guards, specops, some police, some duty troops),

- units get FLIR maps,

- wheeled vehicles get Arma2 damage of wheel mechanism (broken tyres),

- remodeled dashboards in Honker jeeps and Lublin vans, remodeled Lublin exterior (more smooth),

- fixed seat position of co-pilot in W3 helicopters,

- config fixes, icons work, more order in classes, police has separat class for cars, which previously were under army, and such like fixes,

- i forget

added:

- modern vans (civilian, police, ambulances, firefighter, custody, security, cargo van ): Opel Vivaro, Fiat Ducato, Ford Transit ,

- modern cars (civilian, police) : Kia Ceed, Alfa Romeo, Polonez,

- modern civilian trucks (civilian truck, 2 fire engines)

- AMZ Dzik uparmoured cars (Al Jaria) ,

- modern military trucks Jelcz 662, Star 1466

- BRDM M98,

- corvette Orkan warship,

- Shilka upgrade ZSU23MP AA vehicle,

- KTO RYÅš upgrade of SKOT,

- more HQ and logistics vehicles,

- armed version of Honker (Skorpion 3)

- probably something i forget too

and now i can focus on P85 update (after last test here) and i hope WW1 in future :)

Edited by Foxhound
updated downloadlinks

Vilas did you get the lights working?

If so I am VERY interested as to how you came to a solution. We tried everything under the sun including direct scripting.

Big thanks for the release, Vilas! Now I will have everything to have a good game on my vacations:)

Hi Vilas

Your mods are great. I like your mods. But I have a little problem.:(

When i place a vehicle of your mod in the editor and I want to turn around myself the screen will shake. Not performance problems, but little screen shake's.

I think my PC isn't the origin of the problem, because i have a good system.:j:

Do you know what I can do ?

Sorry for my bad english.

I hope your understand me :)

greeting chrys

you mean lack of free-view in Polish vehicles ? turning around with mouse ? maybe pilotview of my vehicles, but i am not sure what vehicles you talk about, cause i have P85, PL and others vehicles

hi

I mean, when I place a empty vehicle (only cars[not tanks or other] in all of you mods). I play a person in the outside of the empty Car of one of your mod's ( P85, PL and some other mods, that use your cars) and if i want to to turn around myself as a person the screen will shake a little bit.

But if I place about 100 cars of BI or some other mods, the screen won't shake.

If i place a empty tank of your mod, the screen won't shake.

I dont know why. I hope you can help. I love your mod. I use your PL Mod often.

Do you know, what are the problem?

again, sorry for my english.

hi

I mean, when I place a empty vehicle (only cars[not tanks or other] in all of you mods). I play a person in the outside of the empty Car of one of your mod's ( P85, PL and some other mods, that use your cars) and if i want to to turn around myself as a person the screen will shake a little bit.

But if I place about 100 cars of BI or some other mods, the screen won't shake.

If i place a empty tank of your mod, the screen won't shake.

I dont know why. I hope you can help. I love your mod. I use your PL Mod often.

Do you know, what are the problem?

again, sorry for my english.

I know what you are talking about. I have no clue on how to fix it though.

Hi GossamerSolid :)

If I place more as one vehicle the shakes will be annoying.

I hope the problem will be solve sometime in the future.

When I play with the Van's of the lingor Units Pack the screen will not shake.:confused:

Are you talking about the ability to freelook in 3rd person?

Bug Report:

On several of the civilian cars.. maybe all? I am getting a spam of errors in my RPT

I specifically remember the kia_ceed as one of them

They say that they are missing a HitEngine in the HitPoints array.

Looking at the .hpp file, yup, its missing from the class HitPoints you use.

Not sure what affect it has in-game, but it is filling up my RPT file infinitely, like 2 MB a minute.

if you have time and skills to fix those hpp files , please go ahead, help me with update

i can delete hitengine from any hpp cause as i see it is senseless probebly still in this engine (we have no penetration, so destroying of vehicle process also destroys engine, we do not have situation that you fire into engine and vehicle stops , or do we have ?

i am not looking at RPTs often cause i test only in editor and look if it works in editor,

i can delete those hitengine and clear some RPT file, and move to P85 update and weapons pack update and weaponholders update

Hey Vilas,love your civvie pack,they bring so much variety and a modern air to those old buckets in Arma 2.

Also I see the Skoda 1 has only the blue and green version,did you forget to put red,silver,black versions for it or you run out of free time for the current pack??