vilas

VILAS addons release thread

Any chance to see this in the future?

Red Hammer Studios' offers an add-on enabling cargo to sit on top of the vehicles. In their latest update they're covering BMP2's as well (apologies if your photo shows a BMP1 - I have troubles spotting the difference).

RHS's system works for the BI BMP2 only. Vilas' BMP2's are based on BI's, so you should be able to get this working.

Regards, William

@_William: those are BMP1s. The cannon is the easiest way to tell them apart.

bmp-1.gif

BMP1.

bmp19811.gif

BMP2.

Also, I don't think the BMP2's barrel would deal with people sitting on it too well!

/offtopic

Sorry for misunderstanding, I meant up-armored BMP-1 model. Would be glad to see it in the game.

to people who not spot difference beetween BMP easily:

BMP1 - thicker barrel, other skirts, 4 small hatches for transported squad

BMP2 - thiner barrel, other skirts with horizontal cuts, 2 big hatches for transported squad

bmp1p.jpg

bmp2o.jpg

BMP1P and BMP2 have similar ATGM launcher (AT4/5)

"D" variants are uparmoured

BMD has similar differences

simply "1" has 76 mm granade, low-velocity canon, "2" has 30 mm auto-canon

BMP1 has AT-3

for example i have problems to spot difference between M113, M113A1, M113A2 :D

m113a1l.jpg

m113a2.jpg

Edited by vilas

All beautiful vehicles, they need ACE damage system in my opinion however.

Hit points suck the fun out of everything vehicle related.

All beautiful vehicles, they need ACE damage system in my opinion however.

Hit points suck the fun out of everything vehicle related.

Not to be a smartass, but Vilas is usually pretty cool about people contributing to his work / releasing their own configs... ;)

Not to be a smartass, but Vilas is usually pretty cool about people contributing to his work / releasing their own configs... ;)

No offense Taken, If I knew how to config them I gladly would, however I have tried writing config files in the past and it confuses the hell out of me and I fail miserably.

If I could figure out how to do it I would take the time to model all of the armour values properly. Unfortunately I think some of vilas models are currently not completely compatible with ACE system as well. Me and another member tried to tackle this about a year ago.

Edited by TristanYockell

No offense Taken, If I knew how to config them I gladly would, however I have tried writing config files in the past and it confuses the hell out of me and I fail miserably.

If I could figure out how to do it I would take the time to model all of the armour values properly. Unfortunately I think some of vilas models are currently not completely compatible with ACE system as well. Me and another member tried to tackle this about a year ago.

Ah, understood. The armor penetration system was one of the features I really enjoy(ed) about ACE but having not played with it in at least a year I'm also ignorant as to how to implement its system into "vanilla" HP units. :(

Ah, understood. The armor penetration system was one of the features I really enjoy(ed) about ACE but having not played with it in at least a year I'm also ignorant as to how to implement its system into "vanilla" HP units. :(

I really cant understand why the ACE damage system isnt more universal by now, I mean honestly the hit point system is atrocious, its almost insulting how horrible it is.

Why the devs continue to use such a flawed and arcadish system for vehicles in a combined arms simulation is beyond me.

Why the devs continue to use such a flawed and arcadish system for vehicles in a combined arms simulation is beyond me.

maybe because it is not heavy for PC ?

not everyone has high-end PC, for example in many poor countries (P85 is dedicated to central europe armies, central europe conflict) many people have poor PC

ACE has many features, that would make very big FPS drop on for example my PC (AMD 6000+, Nvidia GTS250, 2 GB ram and i have no money for new PC, and i would like to have 25-30 FPS on my rig setting for example 4 platoons of units, now P85 or Polish army is so high-performance, that you can put 100 or 150 soldiers to fight without lags on my PC, i have tested with for example few platoons in fight and i had fluent gameplay)

i know that there are also people who have high-end rigs and no problem with such gameplay mods full of scripts, but i wouldn't even be able to test my own mod then ;)

also to rework (if necessary) models fire geo lods (all models) it requires lots of free time

every mod is huge amount of time, not everyone has so much free time, also not everyone plays ACE or has power PC

to make addons compatible with ACE i suppose that some selections must have given special names (i use selection names like OFP, Arma1, otocvez, otochlaven, osahlavne, kolo, motor, svetlo)

anyone who has free time and will can make alternative config

but if it require model related changes, it would require sitting and spending some time

as far as i have my experience some people who first offer help, later want to rename, retag, change addons their way

if someone wants to make my addons ACE-compatible, but without retagging them, without making organization totally different (deleting, replacing), go ahead

i don't have enough time myself, thats why addons are compatible with Arma , not with ACE mod or other gameplay mods (which also exist since OFP or Arma1)

Edited by vilas

G'day!

Well to continue the 'ACE Talk' I would like to ask if anyone is willing to make the Weaponpacks ACE Compatible (so that they can use the ACE Ammo and stuff)?! And maybe at the same time reintroduce the super mega custom handanims that Vilas' AK pack has?

@Vilas: If my memory is correct the handanims were done by Udaloy?! Are you still in touch with him? If so, do you think he could do fitting animations for the Alpha AKs? (the ones with the rails)

Vilas, I have been a big fan of your units for a long time now. Thanks for all your efforts man. Wanted to ask you if you be interested in switching your interests into civilian vehicles for a while. For some reason there is no that many around. It would be nice to have a variety of civil specialty trucks for cities that transport bread, milk, pepsi, garbage, etc. Some taxis or luxury cars of different eras would be great. You are being the most productive unit maker in Arma can really make this happen. I just downloaded the alpha version of Taviana island and thought that civil missions that gradually turn into war conflicts could be a good future for this game. Tired of all the behind enemy lines missions already. But for more variety we definitely need more civil vehicles. Just a suggestion off course man. You do what you want. Here are some ideas:

http://www.ram-tlt.ru/index.php?categoryID=26&PHPSESSID=ad818afda8e982518a5491a65183a57f

http://barpk.clan.su/forum/7-168-1

http://diecast43.livejournal.com/124074.html

http://web.axelero.hu/furman/c24.jpg

Vilas: is there any way we can help you with $ for a new PC?

If he sets up a paypal, people can donate to him.

Hi,

anyone noticed lack of insurgents and SU25 in P'85?

-Few classes don't have names: VDV Sniper and Spetsnaz in one-color uniform (as far i remember).

-Soviet Regular army officer (not camo) uses Marksman model.

-Spetsnaz Sniper Team - Sniper and saboteur?

-Theres also strange shadow bug in Spetsnaz Spotter/ Scout (I dont remember).

-US Marines are voiceless (or they are such professionals they dont need words to communicate).

Thats all

you hit a T-72 with 120mm shell it goes boom

what else do you need? :D

sorry to be so out of touch - but these are some amazing work by vilas. awesome. thank you very much if you are still ever looking at forum.

sorry to be so out of touch - but these are some amazing work by vilas. awesome. thank you very much if you are still ever looking at forum.

True, he's one of the greatest contributors of our community since OFP, and i would gladly donate so that he can get a new comp.

Vilas set up a paypal account. I have 50€ waiting here for your new PC ;)

Vilas set up a paypal account. I have 50€ waiting here for your new PC ;)

You can pass me that 50 euro and I'll make sure he gets it

:D

/jokes