vilas

VILAS addons release thread

yes, i have checked FTP folder, indeed archive was loaded... 95% (probably FTPzilla disconnected somehow)

now it's okay

Hi Vilas - any update on releasing the configs and MLOD's to allow Robalo to create ACE versions of your weapons/vehicles? Doing so would merge two of the best mods ever released for Arma 2... which is surely a good thing for everyone. :D

Hi Vilas - any update on releasing the configs and MLOD's to allow Robalo to create ACE versions of your weapons/vehicles? Doing so would merge two of the best mods ever released for Arma 2... which is surely a good thing for everyone. :D

I'm going to start working on some new ACE configs these days, had some trouble unpacking the AK archive but now it works. About MLODS, I wouldn't know what to do with them, handling models is not my thing, sorry.

I'm going to start working on some new ACE configs these days, had some trouble unpacking the AK archive but now it works. About MLODS, I wouldn't know what to do with them, handling models is not my thing, sorry.

Looking forward to the results, many thanks Robalo.

Apologies - having re-read the last 20 or so pages your MLOD comment makes sense to me now. If you are just working on config compatibility between Vilas and ACE, will this include vehicles such as T-80U, BMP1, M109 etc, or just Vilas' weapons?

Looking forward to the results, many thanks Robalo.

Apologies - having re-read the last 20 or so pages your MLOD comment makes sense to me now. If you are just working on config compatibility between Vilas and ACE, will this include vehicles such as T-80U, BMP1, M109 etc, or just Vilas' weapons?

The weapon packs first, then perhaps the vehicles, time will tell :)

VILAS, would it be possible to make the artillery models (M-109 and etc.) from your vehicle pack have an artillery computer and/or be compatible with the artillery module? Cheers.

of course possible, feel free to release any kind of new config

i never have been against optional configs by any person

feel free to do it (just like vehicles have "texture by config" ability so also reskin packs are possible)

Xeno send me update and new icons , so once again... west wapon pack goes to FTP (10 minutes and ready)... sorry for "update" ;)

woo! I somehow missed this post. Excellent work. With the new xeno-powered configs render this weapon package much more in line with vanilla arma2/OA. We've been using this pack quite extensively in our internal clan campaign and I've had some concerns about the 'feel' of some of these weapons. Much of that is laid to rest now. Shame you couldn't fit in the Ag-3 variants.

My only concern is the MG3 which appears to be significantly less accurate (even when shooting single shots) than other machineguns (like the m240 or PKM). Sound of the Mg3 equally leaves something to be desired.

Perhaps its an oversight but the FN MAG has a different shooting sound than the M240 (vanilla), even though these are essentially the same weapons.

-k

woo! I somehow missed this post. Excellent work. With the new xeno-powered configs render this weapon package much more in line with vanilla arma2/OA.

Thank you. :)

Even though Vilas did all the real work, it's nice to see my improvements have been well received, especially considering the first few versions had some annoying issues with them. :j:

My only concern is the MG3 which appears to be significantly less accurate (even when shooting single shots) than other machineguns (like the m240 or PKM). Sound of the Mg3 equally leaves something to be desired.

The recoil on the MG-3 is indeed different from other machine guns. Its two entries for regular and prone are "recoil_auto_machinegun_8outof10" and "recoil_auto_machinegun_prone_5outof10" respectively. These are the values Vilas originally used, which I left untouched because I don't know what they should otherwise be.

The sound comes from S.T.A.L.K.E.R., and was the best example I could find. I didn't want to just use the M240 sound because the MG-42/MG-3 has a very distinct "bite" to it. If you can find a better sound, I'd very much welcome it.

Perhaps its an oversight but the FN MAG has a different shooting sound than the M240 (vanilla), even though these are essentially the same weapons.

This is a bit of a holdover from Vilas' original version, as that sound was present in it. If it's a problem, it can easily be removed and set to inherit the sound from the M240.

Are the other sounds acceptable? I replaced all but a handful of Vilas' original sounds--the holdovers being the FN MAG, Carl Gustav, M60, M60 reload, NATO-round AKs (AR-M1, Zastava M80, AK-101), APS, APB, APS/APB reload, PK/PKM reload, RPG-22, RPG-22 reload, and RPG-26.

As a side note, if anyone wants to help translating the AKS or WWP strings to a different language, you can find the string files here:

Vilas AKS Weapons pack strings

Vilas WWP strings

The files are in XML format, but you can open them with notepad. Simply edit the XML files and send the changed file back to me; I can merge them later (it's easier that way).

Edited by Xeno426

FN Mag can take the inherited M240 sound, M60 and it's reload can take the inherited sound from the OA M60, Carl Gustav can take the inherited sound from the OA Carl Gustav.

re MG3

I've done some digging around and all my digging has really just left me stumped and more confused.

>> M240 in ARMA2
  reloadTime = 0.0708762;
  recoil = "recoil_auto_machinegun_8outof10";
  recoilProne = "recoil_auto_machinegun_prone_5outof10";
  dispersion = 0.0008;
dexterity = 0.51;

>> PKM in ARMA2
  reloadTime = 0.09;
  dispersion = 0.001;
dexterity = 0.96;

<< MG3 as per Xeno
  reloadTime = 0.0545;
  dispersion = 0.0012;
dexterity: I assume it inherits from the m240; 

I had a gut feeling that the MG3 appeared to be less accurate, but I didn't really turn out any major differences. Recoil is the same as the Arma2 m240.

Question #1:

How much does a dispersion difference of 0.0004 matter in the big picture?

Question #2:

Check the dexterity on the PKM! How much does this affect overall shooting?

-k

Question #1:

I'm afraid I do not know exactly how the Dispersion value translates to in-game behavior. Obviously higher equals less accurate, but to what degree? I just kept the values the gun originally had.

Question #2:

Check the dexterity on the PKM! How much does this affect overall shooting?

Dexterity is how fast you can change weapons; it has nothing to do with gun accuracy. Higher values mean a slower transition.

vilas, buddy, friend :p is there any chance i can convince you to make a "garrison" troop (a p85 officer / driver) model without the gear and in 3 or 4 colors (desert / woodland / olive / ???? )

it whould be cool if it could be included

I had a gut feeling that the MG3 appeared to be less accurate, but I didn't really turn out any major differences. Recoil is the same as the Arma2 m240.

Maybe ok if it has a higher fire rate. Worth an ArmA2 field test, I guess.

Dexterity is how fast you can change weapons; it has nothing to do with gun accuracy. Higher values mean a slower transition.

I'm not so into Arma2 cfgs, but in OFP dexterity value decides on how fast you can turn and aim with a weapon in hand.

Edited by DiFool

Sorry Vilas

Some days ago I send you a pm concerning the use of your weapons for Vte. I dunno if you received it, or maybe you are simply on holidays ...

Tnx

Bye

Have you released a ammo box with ALL the aks in it? Like the akms drum mag etc you see in viewer in th earmory?

re MG3

Question #1:

-k

dispersion=1 means the shots spread 1km per 1km traveled distance 0.1 means 100m per 1km 0.01 means it spreads 10m per 1km etc. I don't think it has 0.0004 dispersion since it would mean it spreads only 40cm per 1km the bullet traveled :eek:

dispersion=1 means the shots spread 1km per 1km traveled distance 0.1 means 100m per 1km 0.01 means it spreads 10m per 1km etc. I don't think it has 0.0004 dispersion since it would mean it spreads only 40cm per 1km the bullet traveled :eek:

That is very good to know, thank you.

I don't if there is such strict dispersion Petar, game engine is not exactly showing real life measuring units , it works "circa about"

but apart from measuring units, I hope in some days/weeks there will be P85 troops update (which now is being tested)

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/3954/nowy2t.jpg

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/320/nowy1ju.jpg

new things are fictional armies - Nogove self defence units, RACS, SLA (Bulgarian camo), Takistan,

rest will be simply divided and separate file will be for each country (so no need to have all if you want Germans or Americans or Russians or fictional etc.)

plus backpacks

but all goes slowly, because we all are busy, i hope to find time and fullfill requests for garnison-units too (unarmed soldiers without any gear)

I don't if there is such strict dispersion Petar, game engine is not exactly showing real life measuring units , it works "circa about"

but apart from measuring units, I hope in some days/weeks there will be P85 troops update (which now is being tested)

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/3954/nowy2t.jpg

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/320/nowy1ju.jpg

new things are fictional armies - Nogove self defence units, RACS, SLA (Bulgarian camo), Takistan,

rest will be simply divided and separate file will be for each country (so no need to have all if you want Germans or Americans or Russians or fictional etc.)

plus backpacks

but all goes slowly, because we all are busy, i hope to find time and fullfill requests for garnison-units too (unarmed soldiers without any gear)

good news, then there is no need to download the entire pack units, and download the pack units only with the interested country.I waiting for the release update.

Edited by Andy Mcnab

Are there any Yugoslavian units in the pack?

These are all config errors.

exactly. You need to make sure you are inheriting the config classes for the hitpoints.