vilas

VILAS addons release thread

Re-downloading your eastern weapons pack. I was sad to see when OA broke the custom anims :(

with the update of vehicles pack (FLIR standart, 2 weeks aprox.) will also come CDF, Takistan, Russian reskins (also my Arma1 T90 with Arma2 BIS Russian T72 texture), probably T64 for CDF too (maybe T80B as "ex USSR republic Chernarus") and desert M109 (old variant A3 as i suppose)

newstct.jpg

so all addons will have facelift

Edited by vilas

cdf reskins? so you finally found somebody who helped you out? very very good to hear!

can't wait till you release the updated stuff, by the way: are there any news regarding the custom anims for the aks?

I'm looking forward to using your new vehicles Vilas. You're still one of the best modders out there :)

Thank you Vilas for the updates, they look great. Can hardly wait for the new vehicles.

cdf reskins? so you finally found somebody who helped you out? very very good to hear!

can't wait till you release the updated stuff, by the way: are there any news regarding the custom anims for the aks?

nope, i done them myself

for anims i must contact Udaloy (i was so busy with updates that i forget to write to him)

Thanks a lot for update:)

I think some more units should be in Soviet army branch of P85 - machinegunner and RPG soldier assistants in body armor and VDV&Spetsnaz machinegunners with PK.

...and, maybe an APC variant of MTLB?:rolleyes:

Edited by Spooky Lynx

Do you plan also make P85 versions of your polish pack added vehicles like the Sa-8.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30705440@N00/3752352389/#/

...and P'85 vehicles that only used by the polish troops in your mod but also by the GDR in reality

http://www.bredow-web.de/Luftwaffenmuseum/Hubschrauber/hubschrauber.html (the Bundeswehr used it til 1992)

or 2S1 Gwosdika

I'm looking forward to using your new vehicles Vilas. You're still one of the best modders out there :)

And one of the few doing Eastern equipment.

The Russians need more love. :D

On a side note, I don't suppose you have planned any new SAM models to compliment Mando's awesome SAM systems, like the 9K331 Tor?

Edited by Xeno426

And one of the few doing Eastern equipment.

The Russians need more love. :D

On a side note, I don't suppose you have planned any new SAM models to compliment Mando's awesome SAM systems, like the 9K331 Tor?

Agreed, not nearly enough attention being paid to russian equipment of all era's.

except making weapons for Romanian mod (included in east rifles pack)

i also done for another request (used in Yugslavian conflict)

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/1765/222ckd.jpg

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/4318/111mnh.jpg

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/1811/222xf.jpg

screens from oxygen (quality low)

already uploading pack (yet icons not made, but will be done)

so Romanian AK, PSL (Max Payne2 , hehe) + Zastavas inside (but really, not icons made yet, FLIR maps not applied yet, but will be in future)

all links in first post

Nice work vilas, i like those yugo style rifles:)

The SA-8 is pretty much done in Russian reskin too

i'm going to get cracking on a CDF retexture next

Edited by vasmkd

I'm glad to see the Zastavas expanded to include such an arsenal, good work Vilas. Do you plan on making units to complement the weapons or only the weapons for the time being?

Looking forward to future updates as always.

Very glad to see another update:)

One mention: please make 5.56 AK variants compartible with standart A2 5.56 stanag mags.

Nevermind! Found the answer to my question 2 pages before.

Edited by DiFool

Very glad to see another update:)

One mention: please make 5.56 AK variants compartible with standart A2 5.56 stanag mags.

But they are not so why would you do this?

Downloaded all the updated files but for some reason I cannot find the new Zastavas other than the M70 from the old pack. Any idea where I can find these new weapons ? Ammo Box or actual units ? Thanks,

Chapman

Ah - my bad - I thought they had been included in a recent updated file. Hence why I couldn't find them.

Thanks,

Chapman

Vilas - top notch stuff as always - keep up the good work.

Vilas, now I don't know if it was asked/suggested before but now that you have woodland textures for your own Bradley how hard will it be for you to do a woodland reskin for OA's Bradley?

sory for long not replaying ;

They are not done yet I would imagine. BTW Vilas, how goes the W-3?

W-3 are in Polish pack (but i still work on updating all my addons to OA /FLIR etc.), German Polizei W-3 is given to Marseille, Czech W-3 is given to ACR mod

Downloaded all the updated files but for some reason I cannot find the new Zastavas other than the M70 from the old pack. Any idea where I can find these new weapons ? Ammo Box or actual units ? Thanks,

Zastavas are now in pack, as i added Romanian weapons i added Zastavas

(link in first post) i know i must change M-76 receiver (longer, milled)

I'm glad to see the Zastavas expanded to include such an arsenal, good work Vilas. Do you plan on making units to complement the weapons or only the weapons for the time being?

yes, i asked Romanian mod - they plan to do M93 camo in future, so maybe "for time being" i will add "weaponholder" in M93 , Bulgarian camo, Hungarian camo, Serb camo (but instead of adding new content i want spend free time on updating P85, some vehicles had mistakes in geometry, i want add camo selection, more reskins, update quality of some vehicles in P85)

Vilas, now I don't know if it was asked/suggested before but now that you have woodland textures for your own Bradley how hard will it be for you to do a woodland reskin for OA's Bradley?

i will try , it should be no problem (for OA version only BIS Bradley instead of my model of A2)

i will do 2 configs , one for Arma2 (included in file) and second "overwriting" for OA only

now it is under test (sory, i have no time to do all myself, thats why there is sometimes not finished addon release and later i found bugs after people reports)

i uploaded for test purpose vehicles pack again

i fixed :

- geometry - wrong steering of UAZ van, jumping BMP2D and too high mass center in T64

- T80B commander sight bug

(i will apply such changes to P85 vehicles too, in case bug is found as MTLB, BMP2D are too light and some cars are too light and cause problem with driving them)

i added:

- CDF , RU (but Vasmkd will do much better i suppose) skins to BMP1, 2S1

- SA8

- BMP2M (grenade launcher is not working yet, i must learn it)

i put there test config for OA (with Takistani skins for BMP1, 2S1) but yet i not applied OA artillery (still A2 artillery)

i will learn more things in OA configs and i will apply them , FLIR should be working (thermal maps on them)

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/vilas_st.7z

i am trying to do my best in free time i have (recent months i have very few hours per week :/ )

but P85 will be updated (mostly vehicles issues with steering, Arma1 cars quality will be turned to Arma2, some cars were updated last time, but still much left to do with Zuk, Nysa, V100, V150, Jeep, Mutt , SKOT etc. i also want to learn animating loading mechanism for 2S7 )

now Vasmkd will have hard work , hehe, RU skins for BMP2, BMP2D, BMP2M etc. etc.

i have also to prepare Skoda Octavia for separate addon for Topas (Police cars + civilian one)

some mods/clans request ambulance van, so i must also pack some MLODs for public release (for many mods/clans use )

Edited by vilas

Vilas when do you think you will add uzi/uzi_sd to your west_weapons_pack ??

There is already UZI's in RobertHammers SMG Addon...! Even a golden one :bounce3: