vilas

VILAS addons release thread

some very cool pics you guys have there.

I hope that vilas will get inspired by them :) that is, if he decides to make some more ak mods. ;)

@caprera: you have a cdf campaign in the works? cool!

Here u can see some russian airsofters from ministry of interior affairs special forces:p

Well everyday something new can be learned, thanks for sharing me that. But the point stays, they are Special Forces of Russia and not the regular army of a poor ex-Soviet memberstate.

@caprera: you have a cdf campaign in the works? cool!

Yep but as a GRU team and VDV airborne. Alterned. That's why i keep pression on Vilas for more silencers and GPs and all together in the same rifle :D

To me there's not enough stuff about RF as well as missions and so on. So i took the idea of Georgia last year and i went on it. If somebody will create a Georgian army mod it would be best and for now Chernarus works fine as an Abkhazia region...

I agree with you, chernarus realy feels like this certain region. the whole theme of arma2 reminds me of the caucasus war. by the way, during the broadcasting about that conflict I for the first time saw an aks74 with an aimpoint on it ;) the circle closes hehehe.

and I agree that theres not enough russian themed stuff around, always focusing on america....but I am getting off topic.

Russian army is 100 types of rifles with 100 types of scopes ;)

but of course i know that MVD Specnaz get EOT

i would need details what rail is "official"

than i can make such rail for AK74M

"regular army of a poor ex-Soviet memberstate" !!!! Banderas do not confuse Russia with Hungary all not so bad!! You are strongly intoxicate by the western propagation!:p

VIL makes the weapon widely used by the Russian army and spetsnaz from the end 80s. MOD for those who wants to have this little bit more than 12754 variant AK !!

the RUSSIAN ARMY DOES NOT USE the WESTERN SIGHTS of the HANDLE And ANOTHER.. IN GENERAL.(IT IS NOT MADE In RUSSIA And In case of the CONFLICT IS NOT ACCESSIBLE)

NOW some groups (rarity) SPETSNAZ will transform the AK74M (now exist huge quantity of private concerns making different adaptations for the weapon also in Russia)

But on these photos I see only ALFA:)

VIL Children came for you!!!

GIVE THEM GIFT AKS74MBN having new the handle, a butt, the forward handle, picatiny, the laser index, the tactical lantern, two sights, SD, GP30 and do not forget double transparent magazine!!!!

Edited by zoldatpizdat

probably only ALFA, cause like in my army - they bought HK416 and Elcan Specter DR zoom for commando unit and bureau of investigation

rest is using own production rifles

every country think about own employment, not about buying

@zoldatpizdat

As far as I know Russia wasn't the only membership of the Soviet Union, but was the biggest in it. The USSR consisted of Russia, Ukraine, Belorus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Estonia, Lithuania, ectect....I don't think all of them are rich.

I know that Russia has become one of the wealthiest countries in the recent years.

I didn't say Russia was the poor ex-Soviet memberstate, I rather tought about a fictional one (Chernarus exactly). So next time please read what I'm talking about rather than giving me "Eastcoast-Westcoast" propaganda intoxication ;)

To further expain: someone wanted Aimpoint/EoTech/Railed/Chirstmas tree AK models added for CDF. I told him it wouldn't be the best idea.

Edited by Banderas

i would need details what rail is "official"

than i can make such rail for AK74M

Difficult to find but I found it:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2009/11/16/izhmash-prototype-of-the-updated-ak-big-news/

Sadly I think this doesn't have enough detail for you.

I remember too that I saw a photo of these news Aks with a sort of russian echotech but too hard to find it in Militaryphotos.net...

Edited by Shrademn'Yyhrs

@ all of us:

let's calm down a bit and not turn this into another east vs. west debate, please. I originaly posted this request with the cdfs american advisors and military aid in mind.

@ vilas:

I know that there are tons of different sights and optics around. then maybe not western type sights but a cobra version of the "old" ak74, not the aks and on the grenadelauncher one. My idea was to give the cdf a pseudo upgrade of their guns, without taking away the ak. I hope you see where I am heading.

@shrademn:

interesting find.

@banderas:

the guy with the christmas tree would be me ;)

Edited by FLv*VeNoM*

People here asked for replacement file. So i made one.

This not a final version i'm waiting for weapon pack and custom animation updates. Addon don't have bisign and bikey files only replacing pbo.

All 107s replaced by AK74M.

RPK74 replaced by RPK74M.

AKS-74UB replaced by AKMS with PBS.

AKM and AKS replaced with AKM and AKMS.

SVD replaced by modern version with plastic parts.

Custom animations are being used. Replaced only models this means what AK74M will have burst fire mode etc.

Later i will add bisign, bikey and maybe readme file =)

Edited by Leet
if i need authorisation then i will add link later after getting it

Thank you Leet, that's awesome!

Edit: just saw your edit; that will work great for online PvP.

Edited by BigMorgan

One request, however, would you consider not replacing the AK-107's with AK-74M's?

From a PvP multiplayer perspective the AK-107 offers advantages over AK-74M. Maybe two replacement packs are possible, one for coop/SP one for PvP? :D

Replaced only models this means what AK74M will have burst fire mode etc.

I didn't touch weapon specs u still using 107 which looks like 74M;)

Edited by Leet

AEK 973 new/old, AK103 - few minutes and done (copy-paste AK steel magazine)

new optics for PSO-1-1 for 7.62 PS-5/6 made

real reticle for VSS is other than BIS done, Denorc confirmed posted by other person picture of realistic reticle, so it would look like this:

psom.jpg

Banderas I am not angry any more!!!;)

fictional Chernarus (Chern-black) it not absolutely so, is the real country Belorus (Belo-white)!!!

I will be agree this last country in Europe which to use the western equipment!!!

Shrademn'Yyhrs On a photo demonstration of production Izhmash! The weapon of this firm is sold all over the world!!

Leet you can give each soldier spetsnaz the certain weapon instead of simply to replace AK107 on AK74M???

Understand this of MOD has the unique weapon for ARMA2 and it will be boring and silly again and again to replace all weapon on AK74M and AKMS:confused:

I OFFER FOR SPETSNAZ:

AKSU KOB SD>AS VAL KOB

AKSU>AN94

VSS>SV98SD

BIZON SD>GROZA SD

BIZON>AEK971

SPETSNAZ MVD:

SVD>SVDU

AK107 GP>AEK971 GP

AK107 GP PSO>AN94 GP

I'm trying to stay realistic. AN94 is piece of crap and Army and MVD don't use them. Groza was used by presidential guards it wasn't adopted(not sure maybe it was adopted but still wasn't mass produced) same with AEK. VSS and SV98 have absolutely different ballistics. Replacing AKS74UB with Val is possible and i'll think about changing SVD to SVDS.

Hey vilas, I just have a simple request/suggestion.

You seem to do a lot of different versions of certain tank models such as the T-55/T-55AM Merida, T-80/T-80BV/T-80U, and the M113A2/M113A3 just to name a few, and I was wondering if you would consider making an "ERA" equipped M-60 Patton?

Here's a few pictures to show you what I mean:

REV_03168_M60A1ERA.jpg

th_DM-SC-92-03658.jpg

Click for full-size.

I believe these were used in the late 80's and 90's. Both Israel and the U.S. have ERA equipped M-60's, but I'm mainly only interested in the U.S. version pictured above.

If you could consider making one, I would really appreciate it! :cool:

Thanks.

Leet you can give each soldier spetsnaz the certain weapon instead of simply to replace AK107 on AK74M???

Understand this of MOD has the unique weapon for ARMA2 and it will be boring and silly again and again to replace all weapon on AK74M and AKMS:confused:

I OFFER FOR SPETSNAZ:

AKSU KOB SD>AS VAL KOB

AKSU>AN94

VSS>SV98SD

BIZON SD>GROZA SD

BIZON>AEK971

SPETSNAZ MVD:

SVD>SVDU

AK107 GP>AEK971 GP

AK107 GP PSO>AN94 GP

I made this:

RU Soldier>AK 74M

RU Soldier Saiga> AEK 971

RU Soldier GL>AK 74M GP

RU Officer>AK 74M + PYA

RU Squad Leader>AK 74M 1P29 + PYA

RU Team Leader>AK 74M GP

RU Commander>PYA

RU Soldier MG>PKP

RU Soldier AR>RPK 74M

RU Soldier LAT>AK 74M + RPG 18

RU Soldier AT>AK 74M + RPG 7V PGO

RU Soldier HAT>AK 74M + RPG 29

RU Soldier AA>AK 105 + IGLA

RU Sniper>SVD P21 + PYA

RU Sniper H>SV 98 69 + PYA

RU Spotter>SVU

RU Marksman>SVDM

RU Medic>AK 74M

RU Pilot>AK 105

RU Crew>AK 105

SF Scout>VAL

SF OpSD>VAL Cobra

SF Assault>AK 74M + RPO

SF Team Leader>AK 74M GP

SF Commander>AN 94 + PYA

SF Marksman>VAL N

MVD Soldier>AK 74M

MVD Soldier GL>AK 74M GP

MVD Team Leader>AK 105

MVD Soldier AT>AK 105 + RPO

MVD Soldier MG>PKP

MVD Marksman>SVDS

MVD Sniper>SV 98 SD

But I need an autorisation of Vilas for share this replacement pbo, no? And who knows where is the stringable for modify men name?

Edited by Shrademn'Yyhrs

Now automatic devices AN-94 consist on arms of some divisions of the MVD and ARMIES in the Chechen Republic (basically completed with professionals, instead of recruits), and also in Tamanskaia divisions.

VSS and SV98 have absolutely different ballistics.?? yes I know it!!! Therefore I have asked you about an opportunity of such replacement.

Army spetsnaz (operates on open spaces in rear of the opponent) does not use the weapon of a short range (BIZON, VSS, AKSU) only in pair with usual an example: VSS+SV98, VITYAZ SD+AK74M (only spetsnaz mvd can take one weapon on mission)

Again an old problem (nonsense) Leet you also think that in Russia unique sniper rifle Only (semiauto) and only one SVD/SVDS?????

VIL to me it seems (from yours mod to people it is necessary only AK74M and SVDS) it is necessary to wait for replacement on RH weapon!!! There it is better a sound {:-D

Edited by zoldatpizdat

Of course you need the autorization ..

Are u sure? Then i will remove link to my file.

Again an old problem (nonsense) Leet you also think that in Russia unique sniper rifle Only (semiauto) and only one SVD/SVDS?????

Nope i don't think so but my replacement is 100% MP compatible and changes rare weapons to similar/popular.

Removed link to my file. I'll ask for permission and wait for update with more custom animations.

Edited by Leet

Army spetsnaz (operates on open spaces in rear of the opponent) does not use the weapon of a short range (BIZON, VSS, AKSU) only in pair with usual an example: VSS+SV98, VITYAZ SD+AK74M (only spetsnaz mvd can take one weapon on mission)

Does someone know if, in ArmA 2, we can replace a launcher by a classic weapon? Cause I have try in Armed Assault with the 6G30 but it didn't work correctly...

Edited by Shrademn'Yyhrs

autorisation ? you can do whatever replacement you want :)

autorisation would be needed in case of for example changing content from addon and using it in other addon without using this addon (for example taking away AK74M to pack of XYZ )

as addon (no matter replacement, sound mod , groups , infantry) uses such weapon pack addon as "necessary addon" - i can only treat this as promotional and popularization and help :]

i am grateful for such replacement, cause it popularize addon :)

also i remind that new addons of vehicles allow (US and RUS) to make own reskin and release any reskin you want of BMP1, T80, M109, Bradley... etc. using "texture selection" method

sound mods work on most of weapons from pack (cause there is inheritance of class AK_74, SVD, PK, AK_47_M etc.)

only on Groza, AEK, AN sound mods not work

rest uses BIS class inheritance and adds only model

balistics and all is still under construction as i await for few animations more (for example RPG29 holding)

Edited by vilas

'>Replacement file

All 107s replaced by AK74M.

RPK74 replaced by RPK74M.

AKS-74UB replaced by AKMS with PBS.

AKM and AKS replaced with AKM and AKMS.

SVD replaced by modern version with plastic parts.

Custom animations are being used. Replaced only models this means what AK74M will have burst fire mode etc.

Before talking about replacements we should wait for vilas to complete his work.

I think we still need some more modifications: for example i see here talking about the Abakan but its merely a weapon used by some units in testing. It gives no real advantages except the 2 shots in line burst and its design shows a preliminary solution to standards. AEK instead is being employed by combat squads along with its GPs but here in Vilas work still needs a scope of some kind. Then again AK105/104 as well as 103/74MN should get a PBS + PSO/PK and a GP to be assigned to special forces. AK105/104 need a SD + kobra/PK version. For now i keep seeing that many weapons are "upgraded" on with ONE addiction; GRU units seems to be really "rude" this way prefering common AK74MN with GP25 or with a PSO, instead contemporary photos of MVD/SOBR units show that GPs with PK/kobra sights are more common that what seems.

So keep this in mind before creating replacements... ;)