Sign in to follow this  
Bracketman

Thai or Russian Version of the game....

Hi everyone, new person here looking to pick up the game, and I was wondering if it matters if someone picks up either the Thai or Russian boxed version of this game if someone was to play on American/Canadian servers? Just wondering, since each copy has an english equivalent (for single player I assume), but is there some type of block or limitation? :confused: :confused:

I don't think it matters, I'm able to join any server in the world. The only thing you'd have to worry about is bad ping. I've actually played online and seen people with different language versions because their text and voices aren't in English. For example if they say "man 100 meters to our west" it would show up in Cyrillic accompanied by a Russian voice.

I don't think it matters, I'm able to join any server in the world. The only thing you'd have to worry about is bad ping. I've actually played online and seen people with different language versions because their text and voices aren't in English. For example if they say "man 100 meters to our west" it would show up in Cyrillic accompanied by a Russian voice.

Thanks for the reply! The only reason I'm asking is because no one around here is selling the game, and if I do buy online it's still retail price, and with the extra shipping cost, it isn't worth it at the moment. Alot of various Ebayers have thailand or russian boxed versions with claims that the game will be in English. Truthfully, I wouldn't mind if the guys were speaking in english or not during multiplayer (the voices are so bad anyways), and if the text is still in english, I shouldn't have any problems.

The language of the game is locked to the serial number. If you'll buy the russian game all the menues and subtitles will be in russian. There are unofficial rus->eng convertion mods, but you won't be able to join most of the internet servers with this mods.

I got no idea about what it the language for the Thai version.