Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² Discussion

Do you want first aid modules used in the Missions/Campaigns?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want first aid modules used in the Missions/Campaigns?

• Yes, please add the ability to provide first aid and drag wounded
    • No, please keep it as the original, without the First Aid module and only medics can heal

False.

At any rate, I can't reproduce it. If you are reporting bugs make sure you are using NO OTHER mods. No other extra weapons, no mod folders, no AI changes, no new islands, no bundeswehr equipment, nothing, please. I don't like to be sent on wild goose chases, and I'm sure the rest of the team don't enjoy them either.

Well if so I will apologize for that, altho I will try to look into it just running CWR2 with CBA and no mod in addon folder messing it up but still I can find a logical explanation of how arma can do that...

Will get back with report ASAP.

CBA has broken things in the past (or perhaps it is more accurate to say it was broken by the community configuration project in the beta patches?). I'm sure they have fixed that problem by now, but please, you're not listening to me. I said we can't respond to bug reports from people using any other mods. If you still have the problem with CBA, please test it without it (or any other mod) before you come back and make me go looking for your bug again. CWR2 was not designed to be compatible with CBA.

Edited by Max Power

CBA has broken things in the past. I'm sure they have fixed that problem by now, but please, you're not listening to me. I said we can't respond to bug reports from people using any other mods. If you still have the problem with CBA, please test it without it (or any other mod) before you come back and make me go looking for your bug again. CWR2 was not designed to be compatible with CBA.

I didnt know CWR2 didnt need CBA, I though most... Probably all mods in ArmA 2 require CBA, either way it does seems to be fixed and what I believe that did it is my KDF addon :-| ((which still was in addon folder but I moved all of them to @KDF so I can enable and disable it))

Well I learned my lesson now, by double checking before reporting.

Either way thank you for explaining stuff but the way ArmA addon conflict works is still mystery to me...

On the side moving on, I LOVE how you guys made UAZ having folding roof but what really is funny how it looks after not having roof... Im really interested how you guys did that!

My money would be on a file that overwrites a default base class that the CWR2 content inherits from rather than a specific replacement config for just the XM177E2. Please try for example the Rifleman (XMS) and see if it is affected by the same problem, then try out the default ARMA II crewman, which is equipped with an M4A1. If the latter also display the animation for a carbine with a vertical forward grip it would indicate that a base class is overwritten.

Regards,

Sander

I didnt know CWR2 didnt need CBA, I though most... Probably all mods in ArmA 2 require CBA, either way it does seems to be fixed and what I believe that did it is my KDF addon :-| ((which still was in addon folder but I moved all of them to @KDF so I can enable and disable it))

Well I learned my lesson now, by double checking before reporting.

Either way thank you for explaining stuff but the way ArmA addon conflict works is still mystery to me...

CWR2 is designed to be fairly independent. We try whenever possible to make it immune to changes, even changes made to the core game by BI... but when you're running mods, there's no telling what classes they modify. Your KDF mod evidently has altered some animation class or some base rifle class. It's better if we cut out that huge level of complexity and just test our bugs to make sure they exist with no mods first.

Another screenshot of the upcoming update of our DLC British Armed Forces. A new screen will come tomorrow.

280_thumb_bis_b261cff8c9965a07.png

I wonder if you guys would add FV510 Warrior IFV. I think trouble made it and it seems you guys are using his vehicle models.

I'm sorry, we can't pursue any bug reports that are using other mods. I can tell you I've played Pathfinder many times and the shilka has never opened fire on me once. Perhaps if you play it without ACE mod, your experience will be different.

It's no rush, but what about when my squad reaches a final way point and the mission never ends? In the Defender mission, the pathfinder mission, and i just remembered the Flashpoint mission. Could that be ACE's fault also? If so i'll make sure not to play CWR with ACE.

It's no rush, but what about when my squad reaches a final way point and the mission never ends? In the Defender mission, the pathfinder mission, and i just remembered the Flashpoint mission. Could that be ACE's fault also? If so i'll make sure not to play CWR with ACE.

From what I have learned about mods and CWR2, even small ones can have problems, as Max said it is the best way to only start CWR2 alone.

I wonder if you guys would add FV510 Warrior IFV. I think trouble made it and it seems you guys are using his vehicle models.

Warrior wasn't accepted into service until 1988, so it's not the best candidate for the 1985 setting.

IIRC The initial production contract for the vehicle wasn't awarded to GKN until 1983, and the lads at Sankeys didn't get the contract for full-rate production (of 1000+ vehicles) until 1985.

The whole issue is I can't be certain, and since I can't be certain. I won't play ACE with CWR2 to confirm it, meaning I can't repro it, meaning the issue won't be escalated. Feel free to play CWR2 with ACE 2 if you wish, but this means you may experience unforeseen problems, and we won't address your bug reports. I want to reinforce that this is nothing against you, or ACE 2, or any other mod/mod maker/user. I'm glad that you guys find new ways to have fun with the mod but we really can't be chasing around bugs reported using other mods at all.

---------- Post added at 15:15 ---------- Previous post was at 15:10 ----------

From what I have learned about mods and CWR2, even small ones can have problems, as Max said it is the best way to only start CWR2 alone.

The issue is that we don't know what other mods contain, so we can't really begin to troubleshoot these problems properly. Troubleshooting involves eliminating based on what we know, and when you throw in another mod, you introduce a lot of unknowns. We know Arma 2 and we know CWR 2 but not random other mod x.

A lot of the missions don't overlap well with ACE. One factor to consider with ACE and CWR is that tanks can actually engage one another well beyond the draw distance of the mission. This is due to ACE increasing the AI viewdistance whereas CWR is trying to replicate the original OFP, as well as using a weather function that ACE seems to not recognize. You can see this in any and all of Robert Hammer's tank missions as the AI is literally able to hit targets that are at distances the mission can't even let you see. I'm not sure if Pathfinder is one of Hammer's missions.

If you mix the two, expect frustration and hiccups. CWR seems to truly be designed to work on its own, so using any mods on top of that is like using any mods on top of the official ArmA II campaigns: your milage in stability and coherence will greatly change. You can choose to handle the snaffus, or play just with CWR2. It goes without saying that if you are playing with mods, you need to start stripping them off one by one to see the problem. If all you are using at the end is CWR and whatever you are experiencing is still happening, then it is very likely the case that CWR has the issue. Then it would be fair to ask about it.

It sounds like a lot to troubleshoot, but ACE adds and changes a lot to the core game that anything you play using it will have a different result than not using ACE at all. With CWR, it changes tank/helicopter engagement distances as well as the damage values to those vehicles. Most tanks go down in one single shot if you are playing with ACE, even when they're not supposed to.

Edited by Foffy

It all depends on what models I can get my hands on and then work into the mod structure. In this next version we have some new goodies that should keep you occupied and also it could be possible groundwork for the Warrior. Its primary weapons system mounted on another vehicle is the last thing that is going to be fixed in the version that is imminent. Yes Trouble did make a warrior, and me and him are good friends so it would be possible for me to acquire it. The only two vehicles of his that this mod uses so far is the Challenger and the Bedford Truck. Im not so much worried about the 1985 setting however Da12th. Its moreso the time I have to work on these things. Trouble's Challenger one took me long enough to iron out for inclusion and its still by no means perfect. At the moment im just too busy to think about including another tracked vehicle.

Troop trial vehicles of the Warrior, with the original rear door arrangement later changed as a result of feed back from the trials, did particpate in the Exercise Lionheart in 1984. They featured in the SSVC reports of the BAOR exercise at the time.

Regards,

Sander

Try and get one of the Paras eh Tom ;)
I did it, but something is in preparation... :yay:

A lot of the missions don't overlap well with ACE. One factor to consider with ACE and CWR is that tanks can actually engage one another well beyond the draw distance of the mission. This is due to ACE increasing the AI viewdistance whereas CWR is trying to replicate the original OFP, as well as using a weather function that ACE seems to not recognize. You can see this in any and all of Robert Hammer's tank missions as the AI is literally able to hit targets that are at distances the mission can't even let you see. I'm not sure if Pathfinder is one of Hammer's missions.

Yes i agree. I've now started to play the campaign without ACE (But kept Mando Missile pack) and now it seems a lot better. I did notice the tanks were engaging tanks i didn't even see and when they got shot at and took critical damage automatically i felt bad not being able to help them, but now the tanks can actually stay in the fight and only engage enemies they can actually see, i don't know about the whole missions not ending part, but i'll check on that.

CWR² British Armed Froces: Here is the screenshot for today :)

280_thumb_bis_55231249a062bbc2.png

Question: This has probably been asked and/or answered before but i wasn't there for that so i'll ask; why did the CWR team chose to not use the original end credits?

Hi DeltaDog17,

This has probably been asked and/or answered before but i wasn't there for that so i'll ask; why did the CWR team chose to not use the original end credits?

It actually has been asked and answered before. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?152275-Cold-War-Rearmed%C2%B2-Public-Beta&p=2374412&viewfull=1#post2374412

Basically I just wanted to make something original as I would have had to do the credits cinematics (almost) from scratch anyway. And because it's meant to represent CWR² and people behind the mod.

I am eagerly awaiting the update ;)

I hope we also get a Landrover...

I am eagerly awaiting the update ;)

I hope we also get a Landrover...

+1 a 'Pink Panther SAS ^^

anyone having a problem where at the end of Skirmish when you kill all the Russians and then get in the Black hawk for pick-up...it switches from "mission completed" to "mission failed" where you are the only one left and then the black hawk disappears along with your squad?