Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² Discussion

Do you want first aid modules used in the Missions/Campaigns?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want first aid modules used in the Missions/Campaigns?

• Yes, please add the ability to provide first aid and drag wounded
    • No, please keep it as the original, without the First Aid module and only medics can heal

Thank you! My fear of heavily wooded areas has never been greater! :D Now to complete them all!

Seconded, I remember you saying "I don't like the forest in our backs" shortly before I got shot :D

I second Variable's post. Thank you CWR² team and mission makers for hours of fun!

Thank you! My fear of heavily wooded areas has never been greater! :D Now to complete them all!

I never trust the woods in the CWR 2 missions xD , I seem to always get ambush there. I only trust the hills and the sea (since no one bother to put in patrol boats) but anyways. Thank you to the CWR2 and the mission makers for the great missions.

Don't get too comfortable on the water, after all the Soviet patrol boat made it into CWR2 only recently.

The lack of trust in woods is partially due to the LOD configuration in this game series: every form of plant life must mandatorily have at least one LOD resembling a crouched enemy cradling a weapon.

Regards,

Sander

Yeah, I find that at certain ranges, the texel ratio of the foliage textures and the silhouette size of a man's head and shoulders seem to coincide.

The lack of trust in woods is partially due to the LOD configuration in this game series: every form of plant life must mandatorily have at least one LOD resembling a crouched enemy cradling a weapon.

Protip: if there's a CWR2 coop mission without at least one ghillied Russian in the forest, Sander didn't make it.

Good work Vobbnobb ! :) Thx

They may need some minor editing in the future but definitely playable.

Updated version of operation hardspark

-minor fixes and gear adjustments

-spec ops don't need backpacks for this operation

-removed a blufor arma 2 soldier hidden in the forrest

-fixed sp mission description screen and gave details about mission

http://www.filehostfree.com/?d=51DAA9CE1

Edited by Vobbnobb

Here the CWR2 version of the example Mission Sniper Boy in the OFP Editor Readme file.

http://www.2shared.com/file/GJohFyah/kpfs_a2cwr2_sniperboyeden.html

Background

You a soviet sniper at a farm house in the east of Entre Deux and have to kill the US troop on this way. You have also protect your UAZ behind the shed.

Just a little update here... Like you know (at least, you will), we are working on the next update of our DLC British Armed Force. For the moment, the only thing I can tell you is the DLC is in internal beta stage and the release is imminent, the RC is almost ready to go!

280_thumb_6a7a186e.jpg

http://cwr2.arma2.fr/?p=1174

Other screenshots will come soon ;)

Marseille77: Can you upload your mission elsewhere? I can't download from 2shared (doesn't work for me).

@up

About that sniper mission, did you try link from arma2base site (1 site with news) - mission: scharfschützenkönig cwr2

Just a little update here... Like you know (at least, you will), we are working on the next update of our DLC British Armed Force. For the moment, the only thing I can tell you is the DLC is in internal beta stage and the release is imminent, the RC is almost ready to go!

http://www.cfr-arma.net/files/media/user/280_thumb_6a7a186e.jpg

http://cwr2.arma2.fr/?p=1174

Other screenshots will come soon ;)

Marseille77: Can you upload your mission elsewhere? I can't download from 2shared (doesn't work for me).

What does this update entail? More missions? More tanks and stuff? :P

For now, I will just tell you that we fixed many bugs and bring some more. The detailed content will be announced more or less soon (may be within a week) :)

Great mod! This mod was the ONLY reason i decided to spend 9 hours (9 freaking hours!) re-installing ArmA 2 after two years of not even looking at it. Nothing annoying or deal-breaking about this mod, but i do have some suggestions for a few missions.

Pathfinder (CWC)- The 2nd ZSU-23-4 is pointed directly at my squad as we approach the town, the second i shoot at the soldiers shooting me, me or half of my squad gets ripped to shreds. In the original mission, the Shilka was behind a wall in the town so i was wondering if you could put it there? Also, after i managed to kill that Shilka and then have the cobras kill all the tanks and infantry, my squad just sits there outside of the town (Where they are supposed to be) and nothing happens, the mission goes on and on never ending the same problem happens after we take the town in "defender", i don't remember us having to take a town in the original.

Information (Resistance)- I don't know if it's because i am playing with the ACE mod, but the AI has the vision of a hawk, i can't run crouched even when i'm far away from them or i'll get caught. Then when i get to the place i need to be, the cut scene doesn't happen unless i'm out in the open (standing or crouched) staring at them, then they just shoot me while i'm doing it. Before, all i needed to do was crawl alongside the corner and listen that was it.

I'm sorry, we can't pursue any bug reports that are using other mods. I can tell you I've played Pathfinder many times and the shilka has never opened fire on me once. Perhaps if you play it without ACE mod, your experience will be different.

Wanted to ask not sure if you guys know about this one already but the XM carabine that crewmen have, it has handanimation of having a handgrip but it does not even have one :)

Humm, I'm not sure of what unit you're talking but crewman is good for me.

280_thumb_bis_ec64c9e37ad93585.jpg 280_thumb_bis_76e6265f5c8540b6.jpg

Yes, please, post a screenshot. Do you use any extra addons or mods?

Just in case, I tested w/ a crewman from this vehicle and the result (as expected) is the same.

Yes, please, post a screenshot. Do you use any extra addons or mods?

Just in case, I tested w/ a crewman from this vehicle and the result (as expected) is the same.

Here you go buddy 7KBcQI.png

sU2m8x.png

No modification that will cause problems with the gun, tested with ACE and no ACE

Are you absolutely sure about that? Perhaps you may have some files left in the default Addons folder instead of an activated mod folder. The grip animation for a weapon is determined by the config of a weapon. Therefore all units carrying that weapon will use the animation for that weapon. No doubt when you use other units equipped with the XM177E2, for example the CWR2 US Army pilot or any unit provided with it in the init line, it will display the same grip animation. The fault situation strongly suggests that you have a replacement mod of some kind still present that overrides a default game animation.

Regards,

Sander

Are you absolutely sure about that? Perhaps you may have some files left in the default Addons folder instead of an activated mod folder. The grip animation for a weapon is determined by the config of a weapon. Therefore all units carrying that weapon will use the animation for that weapon. No doubt when you use other units equipped with the XM177E2, for example the CWR2 US Army pilot or any unit provided with it in the init line, it will display the same grip animation. The fault situation strongly suggests that you have a replacement mod of some kind still present that overrides a default game animation.

Regards,

Sander

Freshly downloaded from sixupdater ((yes still using it)) for first time on my new pc and I have no clue what replacement mod could of even do it which I do not even use any, since its in CWR2 config.cpp there would of need to be some sort of mod overwriting the gun config in different config.cpp to use differ handanimation if I believe that how it can work.

No modification that will cause problems with the gun, tested with ACE and no ACE

False.

At any rate, I can't reproduce it. If you are reporting bugs make sure you are using NO OTHER mods. No other extra weapons, no mod folders, no AI changes, no new islands, no bundeswehr equipment, nothing, please. I don't like to be sent on wild goose chases, and I'm sure the rest of the team don't enjoy them either.