Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² Discussion

Do you want first aid modules used in the Missions/Campaigns?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want first aid modules used in the Missions/Campaigns?

• Yes, please add the ability to provide first aid and drag wounded
    • No, please keep it as the original, without the First Aid module and only medics can heal

I know that cwr 2 mod team will not make Red Hammer campagn (this campaign was made by codemasters not by bis). But if someone like to play this campaign, now you can. From arma2base you can download usermade Red Hammer camp remake for cwr2 by shj: cutscenes, radio messages and voices from original version in english. Only 1 small problem for many players: all briefings are in german language.

These are great news! (although it's in German). Can't wait to try it!

---------- Post added at 17:57 ---------- Previous post was at 17:55 ----------

I had a look for it but couldnt find it. Link or is it not allowed?

Link to SHJ Red Hammer CWR2 conversion campaign.

@W0lle

yes, its little hard with briefings in german (you dont know the whole story etc) but good thing is that all cutscens, radio messages with new task are in english so you know what to do (you will know the basic part of storyline to) even if you dont know german language.

Thanks for the info and the link guys.

Tonight will be a long night. :)

Community,

let me inform you that there is a new campaign in the works for CWR2. Basically, the campaign portrays the Cold War era conflict from Soviet perspective. Traditionally, it'll feature cut-scenes, mature storytelling, varied objectives and a bit of dynamics for replay-ability. Also, player will take control of several warfare roles - from an ordinary infantry grunt to experienced pilot, passionate tank-squad commander or strict infantry group leader.

In total, if everything goes as planned, it'll include 20+ different missions. Almost 13 of them are already created - but testing is quite an issue. At this moment, that's all.

P.S. I'll post some in-action screenshots later, if anyone's interested...

I love this discussion, Gets me more anxious to play some of that Cold War.

Community,

let me inform you that there is a new campaign in the works for CWR2. Basically, the campaign portrays the Cold War era conflict from Soviet perspective. Traditionally, it'll feature cut-scenes, mature storytelling, varied objectives and a bit of dynamics for replay-ability. Also, player will take control of several warfare roles - from an ordinary infantry grunt to experienced pilot, passionate tank-squad commander or strict infantry group leader.

In total, if everything goes as planned, it'll include 20+ different missions. Almost 13 of them are already created - but testing is quite an issue. At this moment, that's all.

Sounds a bit like the Retaliation Campaign from OFP. I look forward to it.

Stopped by to check up on this mod. I am looking forward to this far more than ArmA3. I was actually thinking about this mod as I pulled ArmA2 from the shelf in the shop on the day it was released back in 2009. I am in love with Demo3 and I can't wait to play the resistance campaign once the mod is finished.

Just wanted to express thanks for the hard work by the CWR2 mod devs and all who contribute. <3 <3

Community,

That sounds just awsome Inlesco, and my hopes are the same as Jakerod's, retaliation is definitely in my top three campaigns of all times.

Looking forward for your campaign.

I'm currently playing CWR with ASR AI and I'm stuck at the "After Montignac" mission. It doesn't seem to matter which way I take I get shot. Is it because the mission is meant for more stupid AI?

EDIT: So I can make it to Figari take a car and drive directly to Morton. But I'm guessing I have to be there at the right time in order to get an evac. I'd still like tips on how to make it our alive.

EDIT2: Now I feel kinda silly for getting to Morton that fast..

EDIT3: Just can't end "After Montignac" no matter what. After the rescue operation when I go out of the medical tent there is no cut scene, nothing happens. How do I end it?

Edited by RedSnt

Yes, the mission in CWR2 is much harder than it was in OFP, not in any small part due to the difference in AI. No doubt your AI enhancing mod doesn't make it any better.

w0lle will have to give you the specifics on how to end it. If it's bugged, you can always use the end mission cheat.

type this into the in game screen:

left shift + numpad minus, e, n, d, m, i, s, s, i, o, n

I'm currently playing CWR with ASR AI and I'm stuck at the "After Montignac" mission. It doesn't seem to matter which way I take I get shot. Is it because the mission is meant for more stupid AI?

Well... the mission was already pretty tough back in 2001. With the default A2 AI it's not easier, and you use that Mod which makes the AI even more smart. Now go figure.

EDIT: So I can make it to Figari take a car and drive directly to Morton. But I'm guessing I have to be there at the right time in order to get an evac. I'd still like tips on how to make it our alive.

You're never supposed to make it to Morton but make it to the emergency evac point where the Resistance captures you

EDIT3: Just can't end "After Montignac" no matter what. After the rescue operation when I go out of the medical tent there is no cut scene, nothing happens. How do I end it?

Read a few posts above yours. The mission doesn't end because the one who made the mission screwed up the ending (no it wasn't me this time). It's fixed now but not released.

After Montignac is not hard. I found it surprisingly easier than in OFP.

I remember in OFP it was quite hellish. I guess this has to do with better viewblocks in ArmA2 for vegetation - hiding was easier.

All you have to remember is - stick to forests. If there's an open field in between them and you are in doubt - crawl. Yes it will take time but if you will be patient you will get out alive.

Also if open fields have bushlines (and they tend to have quite a few) - plan your way through them.

The only problem I ever had in CWR2 demo campaign is hunting down the last unit in Montignac Must Fall. In OFP AI commanders never stayed behind but in ArmA2 they do (which is wiser) and thus it complicated things.

I'm guessing this has been answered before, but is this compatible with ACE?

i hope, it wasn't[for reliability/security purpose].

If some of your crew is in Norway, I might take a position as coffee fetcher :P

I hope this doesn't die due to the long development behind it. I can maybe try help out with the campaigns, but I feel like I am not on par with your skill level. I am only a low-mid level mission designer.

It wasn't made to be ace compatible, but it wasn't made not to be, either. I have heard some people use both and I hear the experience is alright.

i hope, it wasn't[for reliability/security purpose].

Those aren't concerns at all... especially the security thing- I really have no idea what you mean by that. Like said above, I hear reports that they can exist side by side but there has been no effort made on our part to make our vehicles use ACE features. To do so would require an expert in both and I think a chunk of time. Right now we just want to eliminate any barriers to getting version 1.0 out the door.

If some of your crew is in Norway, I might take a position as coffee fetcher :P

I hope this doesn't die due to the long development behind it. I can maybe try help out with the campaigns, but I feel like I am not on par with your skill level. I am only a low-mid level mission designer.

To be honest, what we need are not self made superstars that can do it all from the start. What we need is people who can do what they say and then can commit to that for a while. None of our man-hour limitations so far have been about skill level. Besides, that's what the team is for: to support and help you, and your skills will grow because of that. If you can do mission stuff, talk to w0lle. Maybe there are some things you can do- and maybe we can help you do some things you have never done before. We just need people who can commit to what they say they will do.

aLmAnZo

Thanks for your offer, but we currently don't need any more mission designers. But we appreciate the offer to help. :)

What we need are skilled modellers and texturers, the more we have, the faster the mod gets released.

And no, the Project will not die. It will be released one way or the other. But creating one of the biggest Mods around with 5 Terrains, countless of units and weapons and vehicles is nothing you do that quick. Especially when people leaving all the time and finding new ones gets more and more tricky. :)

For me both work just fine when lauched together. There are some issues like incorrect equipement weight or lack of ACE damage model for some vehicles, not all features work properly.

Maybe when full CWR2 will be released (which I anticipate more than ArmA3) someone will create ACE-compatibile config, for units, weapons and vehicles to fully support ACE features.

What would be truely awesome, is to involve the MOD into a complete 'CWC' universe. By this, concretely, I mean, get ride of BIS ArmA II Vanilla units, or replace them by 'CWR' ones. Switch the scopes of those which can't be replaced to 1 and disable Vanilla Campaigns and Missions when you launch CWR.

That would be, in my judgement, truely awesome and would in my humble opinion, increase the immersion of the MOD. You can only access CWR Campaigns & Missions, play around in the editor with only CWR units... ;]

Just my 2 cents. I can help in these regards, done it a while ago for FFUR, but it was, another era... Heh

edit: My second suggestion would be to make a NSIS script for a proper installer which detects the .reg key of the game. And would avoid you a shitload of questions about making this properly running (Especially now, with all DLCs... etc). ;]

Regards,

TB

Edited by Thunderbird

What would be truely awesome, is to involve the MOD into a complete 'CWC' universe. By this, concretely, I mean, get ride of BIS ArmA II Vanilla units, or replace them by 'CWR' ones. Switch the scopes of those which can't be replaced to 1 and disable Vanilla Campaigns and Missions when you launch CWR.

That would be, in my judgement, truely awesome and would in my humble opinion, increase the immersion of the MOD. You can only access CWR Campaigns & Missions, play around in the editor with only CWR units... ;]

Just my 2 cents. I can help in these regards, done it a while ago for FFUR, but it was, another era... Heh

edit: My second suggestion would be to make a NSIS script for a proper installer which detects the .reg key of the game. And would avoid you a shitload of questions about making this properly running (Especially now, with all DLCs... etc). ;]

Regards,

TB

Both we had in CWR1, and people complained about losing their game content. They also complained about the installer because "you never know what they do to my system".

We could make that "CWR² only" an optional pbo for those who really want this. If you would do that for us, we include it and make if "official" of course. :)

yeah, hiding non-CWR2 content would b nice. both locked-down or manageable from menu.

aswell as OFP:R main menu style of UI/intromovies return ;)

aLmAnZo

Thanks for your offer, but we currently don't need any more mission designers. But we appreciate the offer to help. :)

What we need are skilled modellers and texturers, the more we have, the faster the mod gets released.

And no, the Project will not die. It will be released one way or the other. But creating one of the biggest Mods around with 5 Terrains, countless of units and weapons and vehicles is nothing you do that quick. Especially when people leaving all the time and finding new ones gets more and more tricky. :)

Yeah, it was the impression I had. My intention was simply to see if there was a way I could help, I feel like doing something to help this become reality faster, you know. I know nothing at all about modeling or textures, or even military equipment and gear, but I wouldn't have had any problem contributing if I had that knowledge. I just can't wait to play this, as Cold War Crisis is by far the best game ever released. I wish you all the best of luck, and can at least promise you that I will promote your mod as much as I can once it is released. Oh, and if you ever wan't someone to translate into Norwegian for some reason, I'll be more than happy to do that (not that I find that likely to happen, but who knows :P).

I am one of those people who are looking more forward to this than I am looking forward to ARMA III. Best campaigns ever! Thank you for doing this.

aLmAnZo in worst case you can always spread good words about good products/things from BIS :)

and help customers online and ingame :-)

sales - is Achilles heel of BIS, presently.

or create something attractive, built atop of CWR2, like campaigns/expansion, gamemodes/maps and etc.

what if, what if general Guba not died, but accidental kidnapped by space Aliens ?

what if Elvis from space behind Communistic invasion/oppression on Kolguev/Malden ?

aswell as behind Communism idea creation[aswell as other steps in society/humanity development, history].

so player can grab his trusty lightsaber and save the World ... from pesky Communists from Space and disco, probably.

and etc and etc[put random sick-looking/sounding idea/concept here]modification.

you can recod epic Teaser CWR2 video, using released CWR2 demos and then upload them on youtube and hotlink it everywhere from UN website to school bus top.

from freely-available tools for making Arma2 videos/machinamas for PR/ads i strongly recommend MSI Afterburner software.

free, less issues, stable, had some extra-feats 4 gamers[use w/caution !].

Edited by BasileyOne

I could help with the german translation when I return home.

Is anyone actually using CWR2 Nogova?