Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² Discussion

Do you want first aid modules used in the Missions/Campaigns?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want first aid modules used in the Missions/Campaigns?

• Yes, please add the ability to provide first aid and drag wounded
    • No, please keep it as the original, without the First Aid module and only medics can heal

Voted option #2: This way you can get some more useful feedback on the missions I would expect.

I can wait though, hope you guys (dev team) can aswell, if so and there is no risk of the mod dying or members leaving, I actually prefer #1. More praising, less whining :)

Voted #1, because full package speaks for itself, but #2 is good too.

Since i want to jump in CWC campaing at first launch, #2 is not that much of an option ;)

After the M113s today now their Russian counterparts:

bmp1_sm.jpg

High resolution

bmp2_sm.jpg

High resolution

Models by BIS/Vilas/gromov, textures by gromov

Edited by W0lle

Cant imagine the trouble that graffiti is gona cause ;)

edit; I voted 1, I prefer to see complete pack ages, but if you must settle for less go 3, and be sure to release only finished stuff. ie put all resources into finishing the sp and pvp missions and release finished campaign as a patch or vice-versa, ..

Edited by Pathetic_Berserker

Not having played OFP I hope to hold out for [1] myself but if you went with [3] and were clear about the units/missions completion (%-wise) at each update everyone could then choose the option that best suits them. Plus I think at some point your own motivation has to be best served by getting it out there.

I voted option 1, whats a few more months wait if the finished product is even greater than if it would be released earlier?

On Malden the AI is not using the roads and so far every attempt to fix the problem failed, thus all mission development on that map is halted.

Dont know if you have exactly the same problem but I helped kju with figuring out the problem on CAA1 Sahrani. We had to re-binarize using the tools for arma2. See if that helps if you havent done it already. Scan for my posts in the original CAA1 thread and you will find some info about it.

Good luck!

Not having played OFP

Im sure thats like swearing for older members of this Forum :D. Nice looking BMP's. Any news on the infantry models yet?:)

Not having played OFP I hope to hold out for [1] myself but if you went with [3] and were clear about the units/missions completion (%-wise) at each update everyone could then choose the option that best suits them. Plus I think at some point your own motivation has to be best served by getting it out there.

Yeah, just release it with a disclaimer saying it's not finished and updates will follow. I think that's the best choice, and it allows people to leave more feedback.

"Its done when its done!" is the best choice. :)

Or better - if you feel that CWR2 is overall "done and great"!

#1. Finish or bust. The first release of CWR is proof of argument.

Yep. I agree wholeheartedly!

I am for option 1 too.

I sincerely advise against option 3 with partially working missions! In this case the screaming and moaning because of the bugs and errors will be loud again... :(

I am for option 1.

CWR 2 is in some sense tribute for Operation Flashpoint, so campaings and miisions must work perfect :-).

Okay then no CWR2 this year. :p

NNNNNNOOOOOOO :-(

You're joking ;-), are you?

We will see :)

Moderators don't joke around.

Even when he say: "Moderator out of control" ?

@poll: Go with #1 too. Take your time, we will be waiting anyway since there is nothing better around or on the horizon.

I would nominally support option 1 if this were a retail game. However, I feel mods are subject to slightly different standards, and as such I support releasing what works now so that people can make as much use of the new content as possible.

Hey guys,

I was gonna post this in the CWR2 standalone releases thread but seeing as it hasn't been posted in for 6 months, I figured I'll ask here.

I was using the standalone Desert Island for a while and it was working fine (great new textures and some awesome nostalgia) however just recently I just downloaded and installed CAA1 Project. For some reason when I go to use the editor Desert Island is gone from my list of islands to choose from and all the missions I made on it are now saved under Rahmadi in the editor.

Any ideas why this is happening? Can you have too many islands for the list (i use a lot)?

IIRC, both Rahmadi and the desert island are called 'intro'. The way ArmA works with its mods, is they are like temporary patches. When you modify something in the game, like a sound mod or something, the config tells the game where to look for those sounds. *Instead* of looking for the default sounds, it uses the files in the mod location. If you were to update Chernarus in some kind of mod, it would no longer be looking for the old Chernarus. What I think is happening here with CAA1 is that you're loading intro island first, then CAA1 is 'overwriting' it with Rahmadi when it is loaded second. See if you can get your intro island back by putting it after CAA1 in the -mod= switch. I think, if the problem is indeed this conflict, you won't be able to load intro island and Rahmadi at the same time.

Thanks for the answer. I will try that and see if it solves the problem :)