Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² Discussion

Do you want first aid modules used in the Missions/Campaigns?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want first aid modules used in the Missions/Campaigns?

• Yes, please add the ability to provide first aid and drag wounded
    • No, please keep it as the original, without the First Aid module and only medics can heal

It was consumed completely by the phased plasma weapon that was brought to 1985... but maybe I've said too much.

yay! Sovietbots from the future firing disruptors! yay!

Nice touch with the burn/explosion mark on the wreck;

one nitpick though; where's the missing wheels? Would be good if those were lying somewhere nearby ;)

Judging by the way the track has unfurled as though the vehicle ran forward for several yards after the track links broke; the lost wheels would be some way behind the vehicle outside the frame of the screen-shot. ;)

Well... for people like you there is still the A3 version

Well, OFP's M113(A1/A2) has a gun shield and there is no A3.

He meaned - in OFP - M113 had a gun shield and it was A1 version - not the newer A3 version

800px-Ofp_m113.jpg

Hi, will be pimp if the destroyed vehicles instead use the BIS method, they use wrecks like those M113 wrecks; maybe doing two different wrecks models of each vehicle and randomizing 'em (when get destroyed) somehow, with different burning points. Like fire comming out the hatches... exhaust... , with scaled down flames. I don't know if its possible to do this but it'll be very pimp and will look much better aside of add alot to the inmersion.

By the way... those M113s look really good. Let's C ya

Well, OFP's M113(A1/A2) has a gun shield and there is no A3.

Nice try but I won't step into your traps again. :D

Nitpicking, I already said long time ago that we go for realism where possible as long as it doesn't break missions or campaigns.

At least no one noticed that there is no shovel attached to our M113s while there was one in OFP. :p

@wipman

Good ideas, just not sure if it's possible to randomize destroyed vehicle models or have custom flames and smoke.

Nice try but I won't step into your traps again. :D

Nitpicking, I already said long time ago that we go for realism where possible as long as it doesn't break missions or campaigns.

At least no one noticed that there is no shovel attached to our M113s while there was one in OFP. :p

I meant that the older model that actually appears in OFP has the gun shield, which made it impossible to shoot the gunner as a feature in OFP and very hard in Arma 1. With only a front shield the balance in many missions will be compromised because you can easily shoot the gunner.

Then use the A3 model in missions where balancing is important. ;)

The only difference between them is the used model (and class name), other than that they are identical.

I made a mistake though. The A1 model had no smoke launchers, so the vehicle shown in the screens is the A2 version. :)

Edited by W0lle

Of course.

Conditions as usual: If you provide the model and textures. :)

Of course.

Conditions as usual: If you provide the model and textures. :)

xzibit-happy.jpg

Well then no fast attack vehicle in CWR2 for you. I can tell you right now that the core team is already stretched to the limit. We have many amazing external contributors who have donated models, units, and more to help bring this thing to as close to optimal as we can. There are only 3 ways you are going to see anything extra that you want specifically in this mod:

1. Become a team member

2. Become a contributor

3. Request something we already have :p

Edited by Max Power

Does this mean the rocket pods are now proxied? I hope so, as a flight sim enthusiast it is incredibly annoying to see all the heavy ordinance being carried on the outer pylons while the inner pylons are stuck carrying the rocket pods.

Now if we could just get some blasted Kh-25ML/MLT/MP/MPU missiles, as only the two innermost pylons can carry the massive Kh-29 missiles.

Edited by Foxhound

Nope they are not, this is a custom model.

I added the FAV to our feature list. You surely won't see it in the initial release as there is simply not enough time nor manpower left to make this happen. We still can release it as 'DLC' at some later point though.

Voted "Release what is ready and deliver the rest via updates (campaigns and missions partially working)".

Assuming what is ready does not mean very glitchy, i'm all for this.

Very excited, can't wait!

Second option. I want the great Ofp campaign, and i don't care if the mode of a vehicle is wrong because there was a different apc in that year or whatever...

Voted the first. I can wait until everything is ok for you. Old community members are like stoic lamas.

Edited by ProfTournesol

Voted option 3, obviously i'm a big fan of that type of development, seeing the running development of ACE the past years ;)

Usually releasing stuff gets the ball roling... Release -> Feedback, Interest -> Fixes / Improvements -> .. iterate.

I'll throw her on the Six Updater Network as well and get your updates up asap.

Unless you're adding 100's of megs of truelly new data, even frequent updates will be a breeze ;)

Edited by Sickboy

I personally wants option 3, but for CWR I voted #2. That is because placeholders are easy to explain but when people start to complain about buggy missions you will have less understanding jerks on your neck.

Before anyone gets any ideas, that poll doesn't mean we release the stuff tomorrow. So don't get too excited. :p

The reason why I started the poll is:

We have a set release date on which we want to push the thing out, but by the look of it we're not able to have everything finished until then because as usual, for every problem we fix two new ones appear.

There are still a lot of vehicles and other models with textures from 2001, Units are a big problem too. On Malden the AI is not using the roads and so far every attempt to fix the problem failed, thus all mission development on that map is halted. Nogova needs a complete new satmask and terrain editing. And there's a lot of other big and small problems to solve, so releasing the finished Mod surely will take several more months.