Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² Discussion

Do you want first aid modules used in the Missions/Campaigns?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want first aid modules used in the Missions/Campaigns?

• Yes, please add the ability to provide first aid and drag wounded
    • No, please keep it as the original, without the First Aid module and only medics can heal

Every weapon that was included in OFP will also be included in CWR² (and more).

And yes all islands are in game, otherwise we couldn't work on the Missions and campaigns already. They are just not in a state where pictures could be posted.

However you seen Desert Island, and you seen Winter Kolgujev so you can figure how the rest looks like when finished. ;)

Hopefully you guys replace the MM-1 with like the M79, as I understand you want to keep all the weapons from that game but it's so odd. Don't really got any specific issues with the RG-6.

The MM-1 will be in the CWR 2. It has apparently been available since 1984, so it's not even an anachronism as (most notably) the m16a2 is. The M79 would not be a suitable replacement for it as it does not have similar traits, unless you are suggesting that we make the M79 semi automatic. I would be less against this than you would think, as the M79 would be a far simpler art project :p

The MM-1 will be in the CWR 2. It has apparently been available since 1984, so it's not even an anachronism as (most notably) the m16a2 is. The M79 would not be a suitable replacement for it as it does not have similar traits, unless you are suggesting that we make the M79 semi automatic. I would be less against this than you would think, as the M79 would be a far simpler art project :p

I'm not saying make the M79 semi automatic, i'm saying that the Hawk MM-1 is honestly a bit crazy to think it'd be issued over the M79 when it's so bulky and overall probably would've functioned terribly.

It wouldn't be impossible to make six round bandoliers that would require the M79 to load a new round after you fire them. They'd take up two primary slots like the M32 does. Difference would be that it'd take time to load each individual round after you fire the one beforehand, probably would be about the same amount of delay as a bolt action rifle if you really wanted a simplified idea of what I am talking about.

I hear you, but CWR 2 isn't a firearms simulator. It's to bring OFP forward to today's technology. There were some important missions (not the least of which was Battlefields, IIRC) that had the MM-1 present. The missions must be playable as closely as possible to how they were back then, which means there must be heavy grenadiers, which means there must be an MM-1.

It's timely that you bring this up, actually. Tasks related to the MM-1 just came across my desk two days ago. It will definitely be in the mod, for better or for worse.

Edited by Max Power

MM1 is in , just like russian 6G30 (RG6)

IRL the MM1 is alot better than M79 - because it got multi-shot revolver type magazine with 12 nades and it is still used by some Swat guys armed with tear gas rounds ;)

Edited by RobertHammer

Hopefully you guys replace the MM-1 with like the M79, as I understand you want to keep all the weapons from that game but it's so odd. Don't really got any specific issues with the RG-6.

you misleading CWR with P85

CWR is OFP game come back, it is OFP tribute, beloved legendary OFP

if in OFP there was M16A2, there will be in CWR too, if there were Czechoslovak weapons (RPG75NH) or BMP Ambulance (not present in other Warsaw Pact countries) it will be in CWR oposite to MTLB or Carl Gustav instead of Dragon

if you look for M16A1, M79, Stoner, RPO-A not called AT-4, than it is P85

it was repeated so many times here in this topic, CWR is mod about game OFP Cold War Crisis (and Resistance) not about conflict stricte from year 1985

OFP , Arma1 and Arma2 have many not-realistic things, and CWR is mod dedicated to game OFP

you misleading CWR with P85

CWR is OFP game come back, it is OFP tribute, beloved legendary OFP

if in OFP there was M16A2, there will be in CWR too, if there were Czechoslovak weapons (RPG75NH) or BMP Ambulance (not present in other Warsaw Pact countries) it will be in CWR oposite to MTLB or Carl Gustav instead of Dragon

if you look for M16A1, M79, Stoner, RPO-A not called AT-4, than it is P85

it was repeated so many times here in this topic, CWR is mod about game OFP Cold War Crisis (and Resistance) not about conflict stricte from year 1985

OFP , Arma1 and Arma2 have many not-realistic things, and CWR is mod dedicated to game OFP

I played Operation Flashpoint till my eyes popped out of my head. Loved playing the game, loved every moment of the campaign. I'm well aware of the inconsistencies within the choice of weaponry, vehicles, and overall equipment. I purely asked because honestly I figured asking wouldn't hurt, I don't see how those are purely P85 features.

Edited by Sif

We include the MM-1 and the other weapons just for one reason: Because they were in OFP. Our goal isn't and never was to portrait a true mid-80's conflict but to bring back the original Campaigns and Missions together with the needed gear and stuff.

The M79 grenade launcher is part of OA, which is required anyway so it's no big deal to use that weapon in CWR².

We include the MM-1 and the other weapons just for one reason: Because they were in OFP. Our goal isn't and never was to portrait a true mid-80's conflict but to bring back the original Campaigns and Missions together with the needed gear and stuff.

The M79 grenade launcher is part of OA, which is required anyway so it's no big deal to use that weapon in CWR².

Gotcha, was hoping someone would possibly think of giving the M79 some life aswell in your mod is all. ;)

Of course! And we certainly hear your suggestions. What Vilas was saying is that his own Project 85 mod is aimed at creating addons to accurately depict units and equipment from several armies during the 1980s. You should check it out! :)

My brothers and I cannot wait for this release. We loved OFP from the moment we played the Demo. OFP,ArmA and ArmA2 has been the major part of our gaming for the about 10 years now. Thanks guys for the effort as I know it is a big job.

Just delivered yesterday:

zsu23_sm.jpg

High resolution

Model by BIS, paintjob by gromov.

TaskMaster

I fear there is no other choice than waiting. Hopefully it doesn't take that long anymore. ;)

Would've been nice if you released it on OFP 10th anniversary date *hint-hint*

:D

Give me twice that many talented people and we might do it.

/me can't hardly wait to play CWR²

Reliving all of OFP's greatness with ArmA 2 gfx is gonna be so schweetz!

/me can't hardly wait to play CWR²

Reliving all of OFP's greatness with ArmA 2 gfx is gonna be so schweetz!

Yes I agree, since this was announced I have looked more forward to this than any other mod.

It'll be out only when it's ready, they have a really good team. We just have to be patient. :)

Bad news is that I have been given authority over the pvp missions. :p

Bad news is that I have been given authority over the pvp missions. :p

There goes the neighbourhood!

You had better keep the mighty, immortal, quintessential FlagFightGuns true to the original, Celery, or things will go POORLY FOR YOU. >:|

You had better keep the mighty, immortal, quintessential FlagFightGuns true to the original, Celery, or things will go POORLY FOR YOU. >:|

Again, you and your FlagFightGuns... :D

Again, you and your FlagFightGuns... :D

Well, it was only the best mission that BIS have produced to date.

Nowhere else do you engage in pistol-slinging madness of an even approachable magnitude. Just when you think you've had enough of the slide-charging castle-occupying ladder-climbing pistolatory madness, you realise that there is The Flag, worth a blue-screening tie-break destroying 10 ordinary kills, which is enough to make Sion Lenton bleed badly from just comprehending it.

The fun to be had during a single session of FFG simply asplodes the boggulatory chips of my mind.

We have 40+ missions that we made for OFP and were hoping to be able to play them with this mod installled. This question may have been ask before (and answered but after searching I could not find the answer):

If we have made a mission in the OFP editor and had no extra scripts etc. what will we have to do to get these mission working in ArmA2 with this mod installed?

We were thinking of starting to convert the missions now and then releasing a mission pack. we had such a great time making and playing these missions that it seams a waste not to allow other to see if they enjoy them as much as we have. They are all coop missions usually up to 12 playable soldiers. the mission were meant for fun.

I have previously converted the original ofp coop mission (rescue the hostages) that came with the demo as this was this mission that got us hooked on OFP multiplayer. To do this I had to change all the vehicle names (in the mission.sqs) and then I could load the mission using everon2010 island. Then I added weapons loadouts in the init field of each soldier. This was time consuming. I had to modify the mission slightly to account for a few bugs on the island but it was worth it to be able to play this mission again.