Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² Discussion

Do you want first aid modules used in the Missions/Campaigns?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want first aid modules used in the Missions/Campaigns?

• Yes, please add the ability to provide first aid and drag wounded
    • No, please keep it as the original, without the First Aid module and only medics can heal

The town generator and your revised Desert Island makes for some easy fun :D

arma2oa2010-07-0116-33-55-04.jpg

Desert Island need no objects to be cool 8-)

Objects need Desert island to be cool xD

Great job! Can't wait for it! Malden look good like never before! :)

This is why OFP's campaign was so popular, Armstrong was like an actual person fresh from bootcamp and thrown into the ****storm, who does what he has to but experiences panic, anger, fear, loss, joy and other emotions that most 'mainstream commando's for wahtever reason cannot display.

You were on the edge of your seat when Armstrong was captured by the soviets, you were panicked the first time you thought you had victoriously taken the town only to hear someone on the radio say there was a squad of T-72's headed your way, you felt fear when you were alone int he forest trying to avoid soviet patrols, we felt Victor's anguish when Liz was killed, his anger, we were just as ready to bring it to the soviets as he was.

And why? Because these were characters with a profile, people who expressed emotion and thought, spoke just as we probably would, they weren't always looking for a fight, they didn't eat sleep and breath war, they didn't even want it but they had to do it.

And that is what it so immersive, the ability to connect with our characters.

You just can't connect with someone who does nothing but shooting, who rarely speaks, who shows no or little emotion.

I think this post sums up why I am so anti Elite converted campaign, those missing bits here and there is just mood killing, atless for me that is.

I think this post sums up why I am so anti Elite converted campaign, those missing bits here and there is just mood killing, atless for me that is.

I wonder, what do you mean by 'anti'? Usually that means you are against something. To be against the only possible option is to be against anything happening at all. So, what do you mean by anti?

I wonder, what do you mean by 'anti'? Usually that means you are against something. To be against the only possible option is to be against anything happening at all. So, what do you mean by anti?

He means he was against the campaign that was on the xbox version because it left out important parts of the campaign that were essential to creating a good atmosphere for the game.

On topic: Eagerly awaiting Malden and Nogava! :D

Oh, I see. I thought he was talking about acting performances and such and in that matter we have little choice.

I love the desert ise its nice to see it on arma II

i'm :cool: by waiting on this one, so now and then when i have the time i keep my eyes open for this mod ...

It will be great to see the OFP campaigns on Arma II ^^ how will it be :yay:

CWR² : Good news hope you use new tech and model from Arrow head (M2A2, MI17, MI24 and others)...

I hope that you are making not a total mod, but Addons, Mission & Campaign avaible from Arma 2 menu, like that the CWR unit can be use in editor and seen in Arsenal / Armurie...

Please don't do Total Modification like in Arma 1, but just add content, mission, sound, unit & Campaign in arma 2 instead, like this we can use your Addons with A.C.E or other Core MOD...

Edited by Gazmen

CWR² : Good news hope you use new tech and model from Arrow head (M2A2, MI17, MI24 and others)...

I hope that you are making not a total mod, but Addons, Mission & Campaign avaible from Arma 2 menu, like that the CWR unit can be use in editor and seen in Arsenal / Armurie...

Please don't do Total Modification like in Arma 1, but just add content, mission, sound, unit & Campaign in arma 2 instead, like we can use your mod with A.C.E or other Core MOD...

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cwr2editor/files

one thing you are forgetting is that missions from ofp require ofp islands. I would call that, a total mod, any way you look at it.

however, in regards to ofp models ONLY (buildings, plants, etc) see above link

I don't like total mod, because the CWR don't allow the commander to use is Gun (0,50) like in Arma or Arma 2 (multiple gun on tank, chopper)...

The gunner only have Sabot/Heat and 0,50 and not Machine Gun 7,62...

Also the texture used in CWR seem to be taken from OFP, why did you not take the Texture PAA in Resistance (8192x8192) ??? The quality was better, it's realy ugly :(. In car & truck the pannel look very bad, and i'n my remembrance the resistance was nicer. I just tested the M115 & Truck and yes the pannel just a little more nicer (still it's very pixellized).

So i wan't to signal it to you.

I hope you will use P3D, texture of the unit avaiable in Arma & Arma 2 for M1A1, M2A2, Vulcan, A10, etc...

Edited by Gazmen

@Gazmen:

From what was told Normal Version of CWR2 will have all bugs/features of original OFP (guided Carl Gustav, shoulder-fired 9K111 Fagot, M1A1 and T-80BV in 1985 etc.).

But there will be also Pro Version which will recreate 1985 units/gear as realistic history-wise as possible, pretty much way Project85 for first ArmA did.

Only thing I do worry about is ArmA 2 order-ignoring and not-giving-a-damn-about-formation AI possibly making some missions nintendo-hard

Edited by boota

This is looking interesting, never where around in the OFP days so will be waiting egerly for these islands :P

May I ask how the progres is going? :)

Noticed you had relesed 1 island (dessert one). Not sure how many islands there where in OFP, 5-6?

Only thing I do worry about is ArmA 2 order-ignoring and not-giving-a-damn-about-formation AI possibly making some missions nintendo-hard

I'm worried about that too, but more about finding the right difficulty setting because with todays 'smarter' AI even some pretty easy mission could become a nightmare.

May I ask how the progres is going?

Noticed you had relesed 1 island (dessert one). Not sure how many islands there where in OFP, 5-6?

We make some good progress with the terrains and infantry weapons recently, in other areas too but there's still a lot of work to do.

We show WIP screens when we think it's worth showing it but normally we prefer to work on the Mod and talk less. ;)

There are 5 islands in total: Desert Island, Everon, Malden, Kolgujev and Nogova. Eventually we might add winter versions of them as well.

We show WIP screens when we think it's worth showing it but normally we prefer to work on the Mod and talk less. ;)

thats an exelent way of working lol, You shold never rush in any part of life realy, easily leeds to misstakes and misses. :p

There are 5 islands in total: Desert Island, Everon, Malden, Kolgujev and Nogova. Eventually we might add winter versions of them as well.

Ah yes, I am curently playing on everon at the moment. Dident know it was from OFP untill today:D

Keep the good work upp! :)

I'm worried about that too, but more about finding the right difficulty setting because with todays 'smarter' AI even some pretty easy mission could become a nightmare.

Well, I don't mind suprises, actually I like them. Unpredictible AI is the best way to not be bored when playing same mission again. I could recreate both CWC and Res missions from memory, so I will really appreciate new flavor.

The only problem may be thing I mentioned. It will lead player to choose either to leave your troops for certain death or to die with them in Combined Arms, Pathfinder or Return to Eden. The way AI is now it's impossible to retreat from stronger enemy.

But that's thing that should be fixed in ArmA2 as whole, not just in CWR

quick question: Does the original CWR mod work for Arma 2 if I have the CAA1 mod installed?

You already gave the answer yourself.

CAA1 mod

You can activate and deactivate mods.

You already gave the answer yourself.

You can activate and deactivate mods.

So it will flawlessly work? Missions and all?