Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² Discussion

Do you want first aid modules used in the Missions/Campaigns?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want first aid modules used in the Missions/Campaigns?

• Yes, please add the ability to provide first aid and drag wounded
    • No, please keep it as the original, without the First Aid module and only medics can heal

Did you even saw the poll in the top of the page?

No sorry i didn´t. So it will be no voices/radio in the campaigns? If i Understand the poll right.

As I said several times in the past: The CWC campaign will include all missions which were left out in CWR1 (Xbox campaign used as source) but then without voice overs. For the rest of the missions we use the same sounds we used in CWR1.

We can not use the original sounds because CM holds the copyright on them. This has been discussed already here.

We will include the original civilians - if Schnapsdrosel ever will have time again for them. :)

Regarding the modules: Most probably yes as it just needs minor work on the maps to make this happen. We just need to create our own civilians module.

As I said several times in the past: The CWC campaign will include all missions which were left out in CWR1 (Xbox campaign used as source) but then without voice overs. For the rest of the missions we use the same sounds we used in CWR1.

We can not use the original sounds because CM holds the copyright on them. This has been discussed already here.

We will include the original civilians - if Schnapsdrosel ever will have time again for them. :)

Regarding the modules: Most probably yes as it just needs minor work on the maps to make this happen. We just need to create our own civilians module.

YOU GUYS ARE AWSOME, did anybody said that yet? :D

Well, that sounds great!! :D

looks beautiful! I see the OPF/A1 church, are you guys going to replace that with the A2 one? (i know, but I like using them as shelters for civilians etc.)

also looks very detailed, no 'copy-paste' look

Edited by Fox '09

Thanks for your replies!

Edited by Max Power

Boys, those pics look sweeet. Memories flooding back.

Its a great thing your are doing for your community.

wonderful! :yay:

great! is it the arma2 compatible version from this one?

actually i think that this version is already very nice, and looks sweet in arma2

(load these files from the cwr arma1 demo along with caa1/oac:

cwr.pbo, cwr_abel.pbo, cwr_buildings.pbo, cwr_islands.pbo, cwr_misc.pbo, cwr_plants.pbo, cwr_roads.pbo, cwr_signs.pbo, data3d.pbo/ u can even take a mission.sqm from ofp and load it in arma2 editor, and theres a good chance it will rund without any modification)

anyways im really looking forward to cwr2

thank u guys *thumbsup*

This looks really good but have you considered replacing atleast some of the 'old' buildings with new from ArmA2? I think that might boost the atmosphere of the island a bit. Not that it's nescessary though.

looks beautiful! I see the OPF/A1 church' date=' are you guys going to replace that with the A2 one? (i know, but I like using them as shelters for civilians etc.)

also looks very detailed, no 'copy-paste' look[/quote']

This looks really good but have you considered replacing atleast some of the 'old' buildings with new from ArmA2? I think that might boost the atmosphere of the island a bit. Not that it's nescessary though.

Sure some of the buildings are outdated but if we replace them with A2 ones it wouldn't be Malden (or Nogova or Everon) anymore. Then there is the problem that the building sizes are different which means that every town and city needs to be edited. It would look nice but at the same time would screw up missions in which objects are placed near or in buildings. And last but not least many of the buildings are enterable while most A2 ones are locked.

So that is not really an option, no. Backwards compatibility is still very important for us. But if anyone wants to give our buildings and objects a new paintjob he's more than welcome. ;)

And it's actually a copy&paste job, every tree, building and road piece is at the same place it was in OFP. However if time allows we will add some small objects from A2 to the landscape. Some walls and fences might be replaced as well.

great! is it the arma2 compatible version from this one?

Yes it is. :)

Damn guys it looks so much like the old OFP :yay: But if its possible Malden is a small island so you could use a much bigger satellite map to make it look even better. I could give you a hand with the satellite map if you want, maybe make a small piece for you so you can test it and judge by your selves, just send me a PM :smile:

This is one of the mods that I'm waiting for the most, its kind of funny, in OFP tey are trying to make the game look like ArmA 2 and in ArmA 2 we are trying to make it look like OFP :biggrin:

I disagree with people who say CWR2 malden should be made to look more like arma2 with houses etc. I think it's really important to keep it as close to the original look as possible.

Beautiful! My first ever OFP mission was made on Malden. I still remember every part of the mission and intend to do a remake.

I agree keeping the old buildings is fine to keep old missions compatible with it.

However perhaps an update in the trees would be nice to have some nicer horizons? I see the grass is around so otherwise can't wait!

I disagree with people who say CWR2 malden should be made to look more like arma2 with houses etc. I think it's really important to keep it as close to the original look as possible.

signed! Pls original size and original buildings. Maybe the grass from Chernarus.

Malden was a drier island with a yellowish colour to it. Chernorus's lush clutter wouldn't fit with the atmosphere.

But if anyone wants to give our buildings and objects a new paintjob he's more than welcome. ;)

Too bad I dont have time because I would love to take out the old textures from OFP and make replace them with hi-res good looking textures! I hope somebody else got the time and will..

I might have a look at this as I tend to get some abstinence when Im away from BIS games and Im soon on vacation.. Dont hold you breath and dont expect anything..

oh fucking shit!

Awesome work guys Malden looks good cannot wait to go back on that island :)

Thanks!

Yeah me too. If people want a map with new buildings then play on one. I think it will sooo much fun to revisit with all the new gear available.