Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² Discussion

Do you want first aid modules used in the Missions/Campaigns?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want first aid modules used in the Missions/Campaigns?

• Yes, please add the ability to provide first aid and drag wounded
    • No, please keep it as the original, without the First Aid module and only medics can heal

Aw no side shots? :P

I know you've got more then that ;) (snagged from WIP2) https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_8-7JRIvgiGA/TX_bk21qJAI/AAAAAAAAA7g/EGzRIRcA36A/s800/AH-1_engine.jpg On that subject beautiful textures, I don't think I could compete with something like that.

EDIT: Oh Max you sneaky, took down the grey render in the WIP thread I see.

Edited by NodUnit

Maybe google just changed the link path. The pic should still be in the album ^_^

that looks awesome for sure.

Two parter question here. Are those TOW Missiles? If so, are they wire guided by the gunner (kinda like the TOW Launcher from ArmA 2)?

Ya- holy crap, hands down one of the best and most lifelike cg helicopters I've seen.

Also very happy to see the cockpit will be getting lots of model detail love like hanging wires and knobs ^^ Just out of curiosity, excluding normal and specular maps how many textures are you using for the exterior?

Edited by NodUnit

Thanks for the positive comments, everyone. The lighting does a lot for the model.

And thanks, NodUnit. That's high praise coming from you ^_^

Also very happy to see the cockpit will be getting lots of model detail love like hanging wires and knobs ^^ Just out of curiosity, excluding normal and specular maps how many textures are you using for the exterior?

One for the fuselage and one for the rotors and machine cannon.

Then one for the mk40 and one for the TOW launcher.

edit: I forgot, one for the glass.

---------- Post added at 17:40 ---------- Previous post was at 17:23 ----------

that looks awesome for sure.

Two parter question here. Are those TOW Missiles? If so, are they wire guided by the gunner (kinda like the TOW Launcher from ArmA 2)?

At the current moment, it seems like the TOW missiles will have the basic ArmA 2 missile functionality. I will likely config the helicopter, but if there is any scripting involved, I will have a very minimal role in that.

Edited by Max Power

)rStrangelove;1937147']What' date=' no shark paintings? ;)[/quote']

The plan is to include hidden selections to support people who want to do reskins. You should be able to do any markings you wish. Hot pink helicopters are better than supported, they are encouraged.

Edited by Max Power

Oh sweet we can have a my little kitty themed team duo between your cobra and my apache. Killer Kitties..or something.

Edited by NodUnit

I said working together not against one another silly.

I said working together not against one another silly.

I read 'duel'!

Only if there's also a swimsuit contest. I think the cobra has a fighting chance there.

Probably, I think the two piece would add too much drag to mine. They might tie in the talent competition but you can't beat my vaulting.

Edited by NodUnit

This just became uncomfortable for all involved.

Abs

Probably, I think the two piece would add too much drag to mine. They might tie in the talent competition but you can't beat my vaulting.

Haha. Non C-Nite equiped cobras (read: 90% of all) don't have night fighting clearance, and they have a tendency to choke on their own rocket fumes without the particle deflectors I didn't model on. Maybe night blindness is a talent?

(choke on their own rocket effects? Ouch) Sure, if we were in a bat competition, hmm.. what about a tendency to turn into a multi million dollar lawn mower if you roll too far on lift off? You have the flipped apache TADS just looking all around every now and then while the cobra is off drifting and spinning, tapping against things while trying to find its way for some reason that image makes me laugh..

This just became uncomfortable for all involved.

Abs

Hey at least we were talking about swim wear, imagine lingerie, then it would really be uncomfortable.

Edited by NodUnit

Nice photos of a Cobra there. Now show some actual screenshots.

Wait a minute...

;)

W0lle, in 1986 -1989 my Air Cav squadron in Alaska (the only such unit in all of Alaska) still had the Cobras with the 7.62mm gatling gun or the 40mm automatic grenade launcher on the swivel under the nose. And they had the dome-type cockpit, too. Otherwise, I think they looked the same as your model.