Sign in to follow this  
Solus

SLX Mod WIP

You already have skills in ACE AI no? what you need more for.
Because they are part of the @ASR mod folder and they do not interfeir with ACE's as pointed out. So why would you make it yourself harder by removing addons from @ASR, that you probably will want to add again when you disable @ACE.

Some interesting suggestions.

Right now I experienced very good gameplay using this kind of mix:

(I am talking here only about AI mods, of course I run a lot of visual mods etc.)

- ACE2 always on (using ACE wound and ACE aitalk with autostart addon)

- ASR_AI always on (out of the box, didn't change anything)

- GL4 (1.1.91 he, he) always on (tweaked a lot of parameters, got rid of FX and skills and all wounds effects. still some features are missing, like high command..)

- ZEUS_AI disabled (IMHO ASR_AI and GL4 greatly replace ZEUS)

- DAPMAN disabled (it's a pity it is not compatible with ACE2)

- SLX (using only some single .pbos but still get sometimes AI stuck, at least the game doesn't crash anymore after I removed the suggested pbos, by Guenther.)

- DAC is great but you have to edit every single mission to run it on all missions.

I'm interested in a constant mod mix that changes gameplay for all missions without editing them.

What kind of mix do you guys run with good results. I mean good framerates, no crashes, no freezes, no stuck AI but very good gameplay?

Nope, no luck. DAPMAN is fixed to work with ACE2, but only when ACE2 wounds is not enabled. Since I play with ACE2 wounds always on, DAPMAN doesn't work.

Put the wounds.pbo back in the addons folder, or reinstall.

Little note for those SLX fans i'm working on a new SLX Bug free version, which will be a Full standalone version to replace the original.

Once i submit to Armaholic Fox hound will update the existing link with the new version.

However the original files will not be removed I will have the entire mod in their separate folders, 1 folder for problem files, and 1 folder for addition features, plus some readmes.

So far I had tested SLX in Arma2Co and she runs very smooth, blood, guts, everything,Rpt is clean of errors and bug reports, have to test in Arma2 alone yet. And tweak a file.

Thank you for your reply, but the wounds files are in the SLX addons folder? I think I may have the wrong @CBA.... Can you guide me to the ight download sites or pm them to me. Thank you I tried SLX before on the Unsung mod and now all of a sudden no more gore???

Little note for those SLX fans i'm working on a new SLX Bug free version, which will be a Full standalone version to replace the original.

However the original files will not be removed I will have the entire mod in their separate folders, 1 folder for problem files, and 1 folder for addition features, plus some readmes.

That sounds like an excellent idea.

Keep up the good work!

but the wounds files are in the SLX addons folder?

Ya @SLX\Addons\Slx_wounds.pbo

Are you running Arma2 alone or both Arma2OA (arma2CO)?

for CBA if your running Arma2 alone then you need to have your target line setup like this:

-mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@SLX

for Arma2CO:

-mod=@CBA;@SLX

get CBA here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6231

also make sure SLX works on its own before runnign it with other mods, see if the wounds, blood and whatnot work.

If so then its a possibility that the unsung mod is overwriting SLX files, or your missing required files by SLX_wounds.

SLX_wounds wont work without these 2 files:

SLX_NetCode, SLX_Shout.

That sounds like an excellent idea.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks domokun,

originally had the idea back in August but as I was discussing with Foxhound on Armaholic a link to my

bug list was good then, but now after seeing posts on Armaholic about SLX problems,

I had to make a move and just fix the thing.

I guess im taking it personal as well i compiled the bug list, and did alot of testing of SLX, why not take it further.

Anyways I had asked around the forums here and the majority of the folks I had asked are supported of a new bug free version,

so its a go, i should have this ready for the weekend.

Right now i got to do a few more tests, and then finish up the couple of read mes I have, pack,

upload, and I'll post on the existing thread here.

Hmm. I'm pondering the thought of posting in the addons and mods complete section, i mean this thread is

ArmA 2 & OA - ADDONS & MODS: DISCUSSION which is all WIP stuff.

Considering the results of my past few tests i have done past and present so far, the mod is pretty stable,

I been playing different scenarios with this SLX version last night for a at least an solid hour, I was testing certain

stuff and then got to involved with the game, lol, and had not a putter, stutter, freeze, crash or .. lol you get the idea, even the RPT is clean!!

So what you guys think would it be more appropriate to setup a new SLX thread in the complete section?

Not like it the mod still cant be updated, or upgraded, i mean I will have a link to this thread and obviously give full credits to SOLUS.

I am running combined ops... It seems the mod works with other troops like modern troops and even ww2 troops, but with Unsung mod it is not working??? Yes I have this -mod=@CBA;@SLX in my exe target line....

As i said in the pm to you, run SLX and unsung together as you have and the after you had run it,

and played with a bit then quit and then look at the rpt for the new stamp which is the date and mods you had running.

After that look for conflict or what not, or post your RPT here maybe I can tell you whats going on.

Unsung has its own configs overriding SLX obviously so what we need to find out is which file is conflicting.

i have bug on chernarus and utes

sometimes my game crash when i play on this maps

sorry for my english

What game are you running - Arma2 alone, or Arma2CO?

Are you running SLX alone or with other mods?

Are you running SLX with CBA for Arma2CO and CBA;CBA_A2 for Arma2?

Have you removed the files from my bug List?

=============

Update on the SLX Bug free edition:

Currently I have completed the Arma2CO version of SLX, as said in my previous post, SLX runs smooth,

and there are no RPT errors! Note this is for Arma2CO with CBA only, not CBA;CBA_A2.

Im currently testing SLX for Arma2 alone which has given me nothing but RPT errors,

and am currently trying to solve them, but so far so good.

SLX versions

I will have 2 versions of SLX 1 for Arma2CO and the other for Arma2 alone, unless Arma2 version

decides to behave 1 version may just work. i have found the best results for running SLX with Arma2CO.

Thanks froggyluv.

The Arma2 version is giving me nothing but trouble, so far I had to actually unpbo several files just to remove the errors,

and addon requirements, which somehow some files say it needs an OA file to run, so I had to remove those dependencies,

as well as recompile a few addons to get some things actually be read, and working.

I'm still getting an RPT error unassociated with SLX

with my shortcut target line here:

Arma2 version

E:\Games\Arma2\arma2.exe -nosplash -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@A2SLX

then for Arma2CO:

E:\Games\Arma2\arma2oa.exe -nosplash -mod=@CBA;@COSLX

you guys dont mind 2 version do you?

as the Arma2 version seems more buggier then the OA version, and I got the OA version completed,

it runs very smooth, no RPT errors (surprised me even).

Thing is I cannot run the same files for Arma2 CO in Arma2 version its like a few files difference.

Seems to be something Arma2 does not have that OA has that allows OA to run better,

maybe better scripting of the game or something.

Im not going to bother with OA by itself, as well i dont see the point of running OA alone,

or even playing it alone.

So far I got most of the errors for the Arma2 version ironed out, but I still got a bug popping up

which is annoying as i cant seem to associate it with anything in SLX.

Then there still a feature I want to tweak but not sure how to tweak it, see my post on that here if you can help:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=2034173#post2034173

all for now.

Bloody awesome to hear about the SLXtended :D! I love using SLX, especially the wound system which has totaly changed the way I play Arma2. There was that small problem I noticed awhile back where whenever an AI went to heal you, u would be immediately respawned to position 0-0-0 on the map (this majorly sucked). Think it had to do with the netcode (which was the thing u told us to remove in order to stop the game crashing i think).

Anyhoo, hope this problem is solved :D Im dying to see the new SLX

Keep it up!

Thank you so much Gunter! Your dedication is incredible :) I just wish I had arma with me at college hahaha. I can't wait to give it a try when I get back home!

Hey Gunter,

Obviously going to COSLX alone, but with all my mods together I'm getting a 2-3 sec stutter every so often. Anyone else found this so far ?

Gunter, now that you know some nuances - will this work fine with ACE and ASR AI (even with removing of some pbos)?

Don't have the time to do an extensive testing ATM so maybe you have an idea?

Gunter, now that you know some nuances - will this work fine with ACE and ASR AI (even with removing of some pbos)?

Don't have the time to do an extensive testing ATM so maybe you have an idea?

I don't know about ACE but I've been using SLX Lite and ASR together without any apparent problems.

Thanks very much for your hard work Gunter.

I'll keep you up-to-date as I continue my testing.

From what Sickboy had already told me most of the features in SLX are already in ACE,

but from what i have seen between CoWarMod and ACE I'm not seeing the SLX I know, maybe in some areas

but it dont seem obvious enough, but it would have to be tested.

Anyways anymore questions about the new version and new versions with other mod versions :D then use the new thread,

no sense On talking about the new stuff on an thread that discusses the old stuff, that make sense.