Sign in to follow this  
Solus

SLX Mod WIP

Just to let you know that last night I removed the mg_reload.pbo from my SLX folder because although the description in the readme sounds good "longer reload times for MGs" (despite recent improvements brought by patches, they still reload too quickly) I found that it removed the reload animation, thereby making the reload almost instant!

Just to let you know that last night I removed the mg_reload.pbo from my SLX folder because although the description in the readme sounds good "longer reload times for MGs" (despite recent improvements brought by patches, they still reload too quickly) I found that it removed the reload animation, thereby making the reload almost instant!

but slx_modweapons_mgreload.pbo is too slow reload and no include all mg weapons (ukweapons RF3 FFAA RH) there is others mods making this better

smk_anims.pbo (i use this one) good anim syncro with RH weapons pack

Edited by PFC Magician

Hi, i recently installed slx again, i forgot how good it was, but it kept crashing so i removed the troublesome pbo's and everything is fine.

except one thing - after a fire fight there are enemy soldiers, and my soldiers who are dead, but are still standing in the aim position, i shoot at them and nothing happens they are just 'frozen' - does anyone get this issue and if so what pbo's do i need to remove?

Hi, i recently installed slx again, i forgot how good it was, but it kept crashing so i removed the troublesome pbo's and everything is fine.

except one thing - after a fire fight there are enemy soldiers, and my soldiers who are dead, but are still standing in the aim position, i shoot at them and nothing happens they are just 'frozen' - does anyone get this issue and if so what pbo's do i need to remove?

I've never seen this, do you get it every time you play? If so, disable everything but SLX & see if it's really that that's the problem.

That is not an SLX exclusive bug, I had it with @TDNL once too (Dutch mod) And I think it is a standard ARMA bug

well i disabled everything but my SLX folder but still had it, so i redownloaded it and deleted the old folder and it works fine now. it could have been an old version or some other addon in there. thanks anyway.

after a fire fight there are enemy soldiers, and my soldiers who are dead, but are still standing in the aim position,

i shoot at them and nothing happens they are just 'frozen' - does anyone get this issue and if so what pbo's do i need to remove?

I had done extensive testing with SLX, even incorporated it into my latest mod COWarMod http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14699

And have come across this bug which I only had with SLX, as of late playwith my mod I dont get this issue anymore,

and feel it has something to do related to an existing bug ingame (vanilla) and SLX, something with graphics possible.

All i can tell you on this.

Latest bug list refer to the latest one for SLX:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14699

I might update it again as there are some files in that list I found to work without issues. But it is what it is for now.

Can I use SLX with GL4 and ASR_AI, or would it be better to remove one of the other ai mods ?

I have removed the files that are mentioned in the bug list.

Ta

Can I use SLX with GL4 and ASR_AI, or would it be better to remove one of the other ai mods ?

I have removed the files that are mentioned in the bug list.

Ta

I use exactly that mix and it seems to run fine.

I use exactly that mix and it seems to run fine.

Thank you, I will give it a go then..

So you removed these files:

For crashes, and freezing

SLX_GL3

SLX_GL3_GiveRadios

SLX_VehicleEffects

SLX_NetCode

SLX_TankCommanderGun

SLX_ShotEffects

Removing the following fixes the unscoping problems

SLX_TankCommanderGun

SLX_TankHatches

for the Hpp file issues remove these

slx_ace_fixes

slx_aiskill

slx_anim_swim

What else are you running besides SLX?

Mr. Serverloh, if I might tap into your considerable knowledge;

would all/or any part of slx help improve the enemy AI on a dedicated server?

I dont see why not, I never tested SLX on a dedicated, but I know it works client side when you join a dedicated,

or rather a gameserver and you see the influence.

Thanks a ton for a great mod :)

Couple questions though, with or without ACE I get the issue mentioned previously, a.k.a I have to disable Vehicle Effects or else my game freezes every time a vehicle gets hit with missiles etc.

Any way to fix this?

Also, might have been asked before but about the dismemberment addon, as is if a body is dismembered it always appears "burnt" as well, is this working as intended?

Thanks again.

Hello jodoog,

I am not creator of SLX. Solus is, and he is no longer updating or working on the mod. Your questions have been asked many times.

Until someone could fix, or update certain files of SLX such as the Vehicle Effects, then im afraid nothing will happen.

The burnt look part of the dismemberment I believe was the intention, however I think that it was not final.

Refer to my bug list for other files related to crashes and freezes:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1958622&postcount=1583

any other questions then send me a pm or use the thread here for SLX related questions.

Also, might have been asked before but about the dismemberment addon, as is if a body is dismembered it always appears "burnt" as well, is this working as intended?

The burnt dismemberment look is entirely deliberate, it is the most pragmatic way to employ the same effects no matter the unit it's applied to. Imagine how big this little addon would have to be if it had to model & texture each & every type of available unit in ArmA2/OA including all Blufor, all Opfor, all resistance & civilian models etc :)

Guess I am, lol

But I hate to see a good mod go to waste and people not get their questions get answered especially when I had tested this alot,

I mean I'm sure theres some things I could know more about but in general we have it narrowed down to where folks can play

the mod without crashing and freezing, thats a plus.

Not sure If I need to update the bug list, what you think DMarkwick, any thing I missed that should be on there, or is it good as is?

I could not hold back on this so I have to post.

Gunther I congratulate you for your support for SLX!

I was the first (after Solus of course) to play OFP with SLX and I used the mod since day 0. Lately I dropped it because of many problems with stability and other mods that partly replace SLX.

But I really honor you to continue support for one of the oldest and absolutely groundbreaking mods.

Yes it's really a pity Solus is not working on it anymore. (But who knows, he already once took a break from SLX for over a year, but then came back.)

Right now I am trying to find the optimal spot between:

ACE2, ASR_AI, GL4, and SLX.

Do you have a proposal which in your opinion is best using the above mods?

Yep, props to ya Gunter. I was one of the original Beta Testers for SLX but unfortunately I'm no coder and had no idea how solus did what he did :D

I still miss the bullet cracks from OFP SLX, they were outstanding! He said they changed something in the sound system so he couldn't replicate the effect for Arma.

Hopin he comes back (and gets a new PC) for Arma3 as with physx, ragdoll etc.. I can only imagine what SLX would morph into.

Anyhoos, thanks and gonna give CoWar a spin.

Thanks for the compliments guys, appreciate it.

Maybe Solus will surprise us one day, maybe when Arma3 releases.

to answer your question

Well I'm not an expert and I'm sure theres others that can give a better answer or more in depth but based on what I tested so far with ACE2,

ASR_AI, and have done with SLX, and little of GL4 in the past.

I'd suggest of course remove the files from the bug list, remove the AI skills with ASR AI, leave the rearming files, and let GL4 do its thing.

But it would be a matter of testing, optimal as in being stable smooth play or AI that dont kill you with 1 shot?

I also throw DAC into that mix, and I get great behaviours. DAC generated units will not use GL4, but it's possible to release units from DAC to GL4 if you need to. But in any case, if you just use DAC as background "noise" for your mission then all your other mission units will use GL4.

One thing I also do is to mix & match them around, use them in varying combinations. You still get good gameplay, but it'll be different. Keeps you on your toes :)

Removing the AI skills from ASR; why, it's one of it's strenghts? They dont interfeir with ACE either as Robalo is responsible for both (ASR and ACE ai settings).