Sign in to follow this  
Solus

SLX Mod WIP

I have tried SLX with the netcode.pbo and it works fine so you don't have to remove it. :)

Thanks I'll give her a whirl with netcode.pbo.

Wish solus was still around. Seriously that guy was an amazing modder whose updates felt like something pulled out of a magic bag.

Hey guys I need if I may ask for guys to confirm that if they run these 2 pbos:

SLX_TankCommanderGun

SLX_TankHatches

in SLX that they cause an unscoping problem, and if you remove them that the issue goes away,

as was discussed earlier in this thread about a page or 2 back. If its confirmed then I will add it to my bug list,

I will test it myself.

Hey guys I need if I may ask for guys to confirm that if they run these 2 pbos:

SLX_TankCommanderGun

SLX_TankHatches

in SLX that they cause an unscoping problem, and if you remove them that the issue goes away,

as was discussed earlier in this thread about a page or 2 back. If its confirmed then I will add it to my bug list,

I will test it myself.

I have just removed the two PBOs and I no longer experience the issue with my optics. I ran several missions which this issue was a persistent pest, and it no longer happens. In my case it's safe to say these two PBOs were the cause. Thank you DMarkwick!

EDIT: BTW I run the ACE2 version of the game, didn't try the non ACE version without these, but it shouldn't matter anyways.

Did some tests with the full version of SLX with the bug files removed, and I still cannot mimic the problem,

tested it in Arma2CO, and Arma2 alone.

Anyone else have that unscoping problem, and then when you removed

SLX_TankCommanderGun

SLX_TankHatches

the problem wasn't there anymore?

Me, it mainly happened to me only with the M16A2 though. I had an M1A1 placed on the mission too, so it may only be an issue when armour is in close proximity to the player?

Me, it mainly happened to me only with the M16A2 though. I had an M1A1 placed on the mission too, so it may only be an issue when armour is in close proximity to the player?

My test scenario had me watching an armour fight from the top of a hill at about 600m away. I didn't make any tests to see if a particular vehicle caused the problem though. The armour battle was between M1A1s and T-72s. At least one other mission showed the same problem that had no M1A1s though.

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

BTW I run the ACE2 version of the game, didn't try the non ACE version without these, but it shouldn't matter anyways.

In my tests I used only SLX and CBA.

SLX Bug List

As of

October 8th, 2011

Heres the latest bug list:

[b][u][size="4"][color="Blue"]Note:[/color][/size] [/u][/b]The following list applies to [b]Arma2CO[/b]

REMOVE THESE PBOS:

Removing the following prevents crashes,freezes, and Rpt errors

• SLX_GL3

• SLX_GL3_GiveRadios

• SLX_VehicleEffects

• SLX_TankCommanderGun

• SLX_ShotEffects

• SLX_a2_backcompatibility

Removing the following fixes the unscoping problem

• SLX_TankCommanderGun

• SLX_TankHatches

Removing the following fixes the Hpp file issues:

• SLX_ace_fixes

• SLX_aiskill

• SLX_anim_swim

Removing the following allows you to kill an enemy infantry soldier with 1-3 shots versus 8-10 shots must have

SLX_Mod_Man_Armor in addons folder or you will kill enemy inf soldier with 1 shot every time its fun and cool

but feels unrealistic, thus SLX_wounds.pbo would be useless as everyone is dying with 1 shot.

• SLX_modweapons_c

=========================

Removed File List in Detail

SLX_GL3:

The freeze / crash in SLX is down to slx_gl3 or slx_gl3_giveradios.pbo. I found this out after many hours testing.

I know it deletes some of the functions but you can run SLX without these two pbo's, without problems.

SLX_GL3_GiveRadios:

Seems like after I have studied this When the Ai (friendly or hostle) spots a solider it in turn will Go

down to crouch, and radios Solider's location 2 all other friendly ai groups Which in turn lag the system in

someway maybe using 2 much CPU I figure causes freezes You try it yourself With GL3give radios and without

seems run much faster without it

try removing the GL3giveradio.PBO when I did it no longer freezes or crash it works perfect expect

ai bug other than dat it run good

I recently Deletled Pbo gl3 give radios and yes no more lag nor frezzes for me so try that

SLX_VehicleEffects:

Originally Posted by DMarkwick

OK, after exhaustive tests the problem addon (for me) seems to be slx_vehicleeffects.pbo.

Originally Posted by ray243

You mean for the out of memory crash?

I mean the game freezes

Game freezing problem is caused by slx_vehicleeffects.pbo, remove it will get rid of the big bug

Originally Posted by CaptainChunk

Hello,

Was wondering if anyone else currently running SLX mod has freezing when they fire an RPG or AA weapon at a helicopter.

I also experience freezes when I'm flying a helicopter and the AI shoots the above mentioned weapons at me.

orignally posted by Steiner34

Delete the vehicleeffects.pbo. I had the same problems.

SLX_NetCode:

The only thing I can conclude now is that the SLX_NetCode is having arguments with the CBA code.

This is not indeed a ACCURATE assumption, but since I am using the Computer Technician Handbook that my

dad has on beta testing, and bug reviewing. I can only come down to the conclusion that there is a issue within

SLX_NetCode, and the freeze crashing of SLX could most likely be the cause of an out dated Extended Eventhandlers

package within CBA. IF this is not the issue, I highly insist that we get some testers on this subject immediately

because I think I am on to something. I also advise some of you try to just turn on SLX_NetCoding and leave everything

else in the Inactive PBO's folder. Including with running CBA [Required], and if the game crashes then I am sure then

this would pretty much sum up my brief test on this matter, if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions let me know.

SLX_TankCommanderGun

Had a glitch with the tank commander trying to pop his head out when firing the main gun in manual mode - made

the tank nearly impossible to use as Commander - removed .pbo slx_tankcommandergun and it solved the problem!

Also, was able to re-insert slx_vehicleeffects.pbo - got rid of the spiralling flames and hasn't seemed to cause any lag/freezes or CTD's.

if you use Zeus or an AI mod, I find deleting some of the SLX AI improves FPS.
originally posted by CameronMcDonald

SLX_AISkill, for some unknown reason, causes any AI-controlled Hinds ingame to lose all accuracy on their YakB 12.7mm

machineguns (I mean [all] accuracy, the bullets sometimes come out at 45 degrees or more to the muzzle, similar to what

people who have had FADE activate report). Oddly, when I jump in as gunner and burp off a few rounds, they fire straight as always.

The gun also fires correctly when piloting with an AI gunner.

If AISkill is removed, the guns return to their usual macabre precision

SLX_ShotEffects:

originally posted by aid_52

shooting from the grenade launcher AGS (automatic mounted grenade launchers) is impossible. Game freezes with an error.

After a long selection of samples from the PBO SLX was found that the cause is "slx_shoteffects".

With his removal resumed normal flight path miscalculation.

Infantry Assault weapons unscoping problem

SLX_TankCommanderGun

SLX_TankHatches

Rather bizzarely, it seems two SLX addons are causing my problem:

SLX_TankCommanderGun

SLX_TankHatches

Any one of those two will cause my unscoping problem. Both together causes it too.

I have just removed the two PBOs and I no longer experience the issue with my optics.

I ran several missions which this issue was a persistent pest, and it no longer happens.

In my case it's safe to say these two PBOs were the cause. Thank you DMarkwick!

SLX.hpp file

originally posted by WWIII

After i disabled the below files & its bisigns, i had no problems with the SLX.hpp file.

slx_ace_fixes,

slx_aiskill,

slx_anim_swim

====================

====================

If there are any more reports of new bugs being found, then post what file it is and I will add it to the list.

Edited by Gnter Severloh
Update

What about the Slx_Netcode errors I was getting after removing? Do you not get them? As well as the seeming mission dependency on it.

What about the Slx_Netcode errors I was getting after removing?

Can you give me an example of what errors your getting like maybe rpt errors or something?

Idea

I had an idea, and I asked Foxhound on Armaholic about it, about repacking SLX with all these bugs removed, and haveing

a new updated readme, and then haveing a list of all the names for credits for all those that had contributed to finding these

bugs or reporting any, and having a new download for SLX instead of the current one on Armaholic.

I was to pondering of having 2 downloads where one version was bug free, and the other was the original, and of course credits

definatley go to SOLUS, but these bug finds will go to you guys that found the bugs.

There wouldn't be a new SLX page download, just it would be updated with a new download link and more changlog, ect type thing,

then maybe if a moderator could update the first page of this thread to reflect what we did.

what are your guys thoughts about this?

I really dont want to take credit for what you guys found, makes no sense anyways, I mean I compiled it yes but I think were

all in this together, the idea is really for the new guys downloading SLX, and maybe existing guys having trouble

with it and have yet to find the bug list.

again your thoughts?

Edited by Gnter Severloh

I seem to have a problem with only OA.

I've disabled all of my others mods and ran SLX alone and this still happens.

In any Arma II scenario or campaign weapon damage seems normal, But in any OA scenario or campaign i have to shoot somebody 10 times to even get them to an injured state... (Using MK17). The accuracy is unaffected.

I shot a goat in the head 3 times before it died... Whats going on here, What file changes the weapon damage? AFAIK SLX has a different damage system, and i'd hate to remove it as i enjoy it, But it has made OA unplayable.

Of course when i disable SLX this no longer happens

P.S. The OPFOR's AK's seem to still do the correct amount of damage, But the BLUFOR's MK17 and 16 are extremley weak. Just now it took me 13 shots to the heart of my team mate to get him to drop to the ground injured. (Not to mention both squads are getting slaughtered as nobody is putting out any damage with their hits, Scenario : Laser Show BTW) Is there any way to fix this? =( I'd really hate to have to stop using the wounds system in SLX just because of OA.. I've already seen its value in my A2 campaigns, It would be hard to part with =(

Edited by Subcidal

Drop SLX, its an old usupported mod that causes problems. Use Blastcore and Sound of anders - and everything will be cool-and-the-gang.

Drop SLX, its an old usupported mod that causes problems. Use Blastcore and Sound of anders - and everything will be cool-and-the-gang.

This is like suggesting we just go play checkers instead of chess. SLX is more than Hollywood special effects and new sounds. Since you have no clue what you're talking about I guess it can be let slide.

Since you have no clue what you're talking about

And you do I suppose?

I certainly know what SLX does, sounds like you've never used it. Discontinued and buggy, I'd still prefer it x10 over the two you posted.

I used to use it up until v1.54, it gave me a lot of problems in gameplay. Firing a 203 would freeze the game, AI became erratic. So I deleted it and everything went back to normal.

Have you tried Blastcore?

Gameplay changes are more important to me than effects, I run ACE 99% of the time and I hear Blastcore hates it. I had fun making vids with WarFX though.

For me its both. You could tell OS to update the mod for ACE, I'm sure he will take on your ideas?

I'm sure he's working on it anyway. I have it installed, I just don't usually launch it.

i have to shoot somebody 10 times to even get them to an injured state... (Using MK17). The accuracy is unaffected.

I shot a goat in the head 3 times before it died... Whats going on here, What file changes the weapon damage? AFAIK SLX

has a different damage system, and i'd hate to remove it as i enjoy it, But it has made OA unplayable.

Of course when i disable SLX this no longer happens

The readme of the mod on the first page of the thread has alot of info on which files do what, all the problems you guys are discussing do not happen

if you tweak it right, if you shoot a guy and he dont die in one shot, would a real person? unless you shoot him point blank in the head.

SLX has realistic wounding its area specific, as well as there is a file which is

SLX_Mod_Man_Armor: Slightly changes person armor for more wounding and to work

with SLX variable damage better.

you remove this and it takes about 1-3 shots to kill a guy.

If you refer to my bug list and remove the files necessary the mod wont crash on you. I have integrated SLX into

my latest 2 mods it seems that for Arma2 alone SLX was a real problem running with many other mods, like 126+ mods

I had many issues which I had to edit the files them selves, as well as leve out some.

As for Arma2CO (Arma2 and OA) Combined Ops, with my setup I was able to get SLX stable and running smooth

along side 200+ addons and mods without crashes, freezes, ect,. as well as keep many of the files I had to leave out for the Arma2 version.

Keep in mind guys that SLX was designed as a customization mod, you can remove certain files to have

certain features you want, its not like some mods where if you get a problem then the whole mod is done

unless the modder of that mod updates it or fixes the issue.

I run ACE 99% of the time and I hear Blastcore hates it.

I got it to work with Blastcore np

Firing a 203 would freeze the game, AI became erratic. So I deleted it and everything went back to normal.

look at the files for the AI specifically, there are files that you can remove to remove the erratic AI,

AI is Erratic anyways without the mod so this isn't a new thing.

SLX also does alot of things that JSRS, and blastcore does not do, so lets not compare. Read between the lines,

I personally could care less if you dont use the mod not my mod anyways but do your homework first or ask

questions before makeing coments that have no grounds on fact.

If you have an issue Im sure it has been solved, I did not spend the past 4 months testing and researching

this entire thread/Mod to see which files were causeing issues, as well as testing many of the files individually,

in many scenerios to see what they would do, and not get it to work, nor did I do it for nothing, as i said its a

good mod if you know how to tweak it, and I spent alot of time with it.

Now if you have problems in terms of features ingame, either crashes, freezes, or whatever, then ask,

I may know something you dont, and if I dont then we can investigate,

as I know the files very well at this point.

any questions please let me know.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

The readme of the mod on the first page of the thread has alot of info on which files do what, all the problems you guys are discussing do not happen

if you tweak it right, if you shoot a guy and he dont die in one shot, would a real person? unless you shoot him point blank in the head.

SLX has realistic wounding its area specific, as well as there is a file which is

you remove this and it takes about 1-3 shots to kill a guy.

But if thats removed does it disable the area specific wounding system? As it works great on Arma II alone (I have CO, I start the game withe the CO shortcut) But when I play any OA related materiel it goes whacky.

I agree with you that people shouldnt just die in one shot, Thats why i like the wound system and want to keep it. But the damage amounts seem to be wrong in OA, Like i said 10 shots to the chest to bring a man to a critically wounded state, Usually 1 or 2 shots are all that is required in Arma II

---------- Post added at 05:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 AM ----------

It didnt seem to change anything, It still took me an absurd amount of led to take a man down with those two .pbo's removed.

SLX is not OA supported. Shooting the enemy with a M17 to the chest - he'll go down, he's not the terminator!

ya I dont know about OA alone but it works well in Arma2CO.

Consider your distance from the enemy, and yes removing the mod man armor does maintain the wouding systm as the

wounding system is specific to SLX_Wounds and not mod man armor.

Consider remove the following:

SLX_AI_Diff_Armor_Balance: Make people armor not be affected by difficulty setting.

Dependencies: None.

SLX_Mod_Man_Armor: Slightly changes person armor for more wounding and to work with SLX variable damage better.

Dependencies: None.

As for area specific to wounds read the following:

SLX_Wounds: Based on real life footage and statistics (W. E. Fairbairn, FBI, police, thehighroad.org, etc).

Dependencies: SLX_NetCode, SLX_Shout, SLX_VehicleEffects (optional).

Location based wound effects on people when they are hit.

Arms - Small chance of an accidental discharge of their primary weapon. Small chance of dropping primary

and/or secondary weapon when arms are very damaged.

Legs - Good chance of falling down prone if legs are very damaged. No effect when already prone.

Torso - Good chance of getting knocked down and out of breath for a second if damage is over 50%.

If the torso is over 80% damaged and overall health is less than 60% then the person is critically wounded.

Head - 30% chance of temporary deafness and a 40% chance of temporary deafness, disorientation, and falling

down if head is less than 50% damaged, most likely caused by grenade blasts. 90% chance of temporary deafness and falling if head is over 50% damaged.

If the person is hit in the head, body, or legs and overall health is less than the "SLX_Wounded" value

then they are critically wounded.

If you remove this then 1-3 shot will work, 1-3 shots with wounds .pbo if your specific to certain parts,

aim for the head and torso and you cant go wrong.

Also consider your distance from the enemy as a bullet drops over a longer distance, and consider

silent weapon ammo penetration values are weaker so the bullet is made more silent.

Torso - Good chance of getting knocked down and out of breath for a second if damage is over 50%. If the torso is over 80% damaged and overall health is less than 60% then the person is critically wounded.

You get hit in the upper torso with a 7.62 without steel plate body armour and you're DEAD! If you hit lower stomach, that can be survivable, but the pain is unprecedented.

Head - 30% chance of temporary deafness and a 40% chance of temporary deafness, disorientation, and falling

down if head is less than 50% damaged, most likely caused by grenade blasts. 90% chance of temporary deafness and falling if head is over 50% damaged.

If you get shot in the head you go a bit deaf? What pissed me off about SLX is that you take-out someone with a .50 and he goes Mr Crispy. That doesn't happen. That type of round will take a limb off and leave a big hole in your torso.

If you got any talent with a rifle - then its one shot one kill.

This is how Solus designed it, the crispy body thing with the torso I agree with it needs works,

but to remove that or disable it rather you could add this file:

SLX_NoGibs: Disables dismemberment in SLX_Wounds

which i have not tested as I dont mind the screwed up torso, lol but it should disable that,

so all you get is just the guy dead, instead of a charred body.

Play without SLX_Wounds and see what you like more the wounds and the area wounding or something else.

Probably the only thing I cant stand ingame with SLX_wounds is the amount of time it takes to bandage yourself,

takes waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to long, guy could have a freakin blanket wrapped around his wound as long as it takes,

i think once is enough for 10sec, i mean i enjoy the realism or the wounds aspect but I'd prefer to be shooting at the enemy.

I'm hoping to contact a guy that tweaked the SLX wounds file and find out how he did it so I can make some adjustments.