Sign in to follow this  
Solus

SLX Mod WIP

Awesome mod but i have a problem, i am using ace, cba, slx, vopsound and a few other addons and sometimes i get freezes and have to Ctrl + Alt + Delete and exit the game, i get them randomly but usually when i crash a helicopter, get hurt, or preview a mission (not all the time, 1/6 times crashes). any fixes?

Lol did you get this line in your sig from Aliens 2 aka Aliens

Quote:

They mostly come out at night. Mostly.

the little girl in the movie said that line.

As for your issue, your playing with SLX correct, and what game Arma2 alone, or OA, and or Combined Ops.

I play with Combined Ops with SLX and get no issues, what are your computer specs?

Yes mate, got that line from Aliens. Classic.

I'm playing with Combined Ops and my specs are:

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E8400 3.0GHZ

4.00GB RAM

NVIDIA Geforce 9800 GT x2

Any ideas what the problem could be?

Refer to my post here

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1860058&postcount=1461

review the bug list and take out what is needed and see if that helps.

The list by the way I had aquired by going back to the latest post from SOLUS, who is the original Modder of SLX,

I reviewed every page and listed the bugs the members giving their feedback on them, so that list is very accurate.

Any questions let me know.

Thanks for checking out which pbos are faulty, Günter.

Only if you use the wounds pbo, but you need the find cover pbo too.

I tested this myself when during my SLX integration of my mod and its not possible to seperate blood from the mod itself.

i dont know if it's this mod that does it but when i shoot a chicken it explodes

I have a question as well.

The Modweapons_c component, which changes damage values and makes some hits do little damage and some hits do full damage... will these changes carry over to addon weapons (for example, BAF and PMC) as well? As in, will the variable damage function as well, and will there be no 'balance breaking' (British rifles having vastly different characteristics from 'normal' ones)

when i shoot a chicken it explodes

Normally it would fall over, so if it explodes SLX would have something to do with it.

@Joshua

Cant say for sure on the PMC & BAF, but if your not fond of the results you could always just take that file

out and replace it with the original files that that file was based on which shouldn't be influenced by anything SLX.

You can get them here:

Ballistics

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8527

Muzzlevelocity

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7697

Based on the description this is what that file does:

SLX_ModWeapons_c: Many changes to ammo, magazines, and weapons based on real life footage, statistics,

information, and characteristics. Bullet damage changed to have variable amounts of damage based on hit accuracy

of the body part so that some bullet hits can be critical hits that do full damage and others can be grazing hits that do

less damage. Many values based on CAVS the Common Armor Value System (http://203.96.151.15/ofpnz/ofsi_cavs.htm)

which translates real life munitions statistics into game values, many of the sources and information are documented in the

.cpp comments, most explosives values are based on actual explosives charge weight. AI settings changed to make AI use

the weapons, ammunition, and fire modes effectively as humans would.

Dependencies: None.

Default bullet values and calculations:

hit = 7; // Diameter in millimerters rounded up + 1? Should be about + 1.5-2. 5.45 or 5.56->6+1=7

indirectHit=1; // Always 1. Indirect damage is applied to the hit points based on how far away they the hit is. The closer

the hit is to the hit point the more indirect damage there is. This somewhat simulates the random damage effects that bullet

hits seem to have. (See W.E. Fairbairn) Some hits will be close to the hit point and give more damage simulating hitting a vital

area like hitting an artery. Some shots will hit far from any hit points and will have less damage simulating a flesh wound that doesn't

hit anything vital like muscle or a grazing shot along the skin.

indirectHitRange=0.08; // .05 for pistol, .08 for boat tail, .9 for long boat tail, .1 for fragmenting bullet. Range to hit other hit

points such as arms+torso, etc. Indirect damage is applied to all hit points within range. 2 indirect damage to arms + 2 indirect

damage to torso + 2 indirect damage to head = 6 damage applied. Damage is scaled down for hit points further away.

Sources: http://homepages.solis.co.uk/~autogun/ballistics.htm

So the file is there to stimulate aspects of bullet damage which is why the mod man armor is used, and the wounds file too.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

I dont know if this has been resolved before, but using this mod makes the game crash with the good old 'Out of memory' error.

Any fixes?

No it hasn't but Only bugs in the mod are the following:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1860058&postcount=1461

The main bug being SLX_VehicleEffects:

I had already looked at the configs and its little beyond me. For your out of memory problem,

it might be related to the amount of memory you have for your GPU, as well as Ramm, it could be a general error that SLX just stimulates.

Hope that helps.

I want to use options SLX_Wounds.

But I do not want to use the pull of the body, healing, etc.. Only the system of dismemberment of the body.

If I give to the Addon folder SLX_NoFirstAid, SLX_NoMoveObject so it does not work, I can still pull your body and heal.

Please fix, thank you.. ;)

I want to use options SLX_Wounds.

But I do not want to use the pull of the body, healing, etc.. Only the system of dismemberment of the body.

If I give to the Addon folder SLX_NoFirstAid, SLX_NoMoveObject so it does not work, I can still pull your body and heal.

Please fix, thank you.. ;)

I dont think that you can just isolate the Gibs (dismemberment) but I may be wrong.

solus wont be "fixing" anything tho, he retired some time ago and asked other members to keep the flame alive if they wished.

Wounds.pbo has all those features in it, you wont be able to seperate the dismemberment.

The dismemberment is cool, but I think it needs to be reworked, as some others have said previously in the thread,

"why does my dismembered body look all burnt after I get hit by a 50 cal round"

well something along those lines :D

Hi great mod, but how do you get rid of the red smoke grenade effects when a fire fight happens. It is killing my FPS... All I hear is a pop and all of a sudden red smoke appears??? Thank you

I believe it's red because it has to load the textures on it. That's some default colour Solus never could change. But you might be talking about something different.

OK, I've updated Arma2 at 1.59 and I am not sure, OK, but I used SLX today with a two different missions and noticed that when I shoot and kill enemy infantry, they stand and freeze in place. This occurred. after update.

As I said, not 100% sure this is SLX related with the new update/patch, but maybe SLX will need to be tested thoroughly with the 1.59.

I get it too, I believe it is with the patch, as I had tried various tests, with Arma2 alone, with and without mods,

but I think SLX has a definite influence on the game in terms of the freezing aspect.

I for my own Mod COWarMod am integrating SLX and have been doing alot of various tests to try to pinpoint this freezing,

I'm thinking it has to do with the AI and anim files but not 100% sure yet, if i find anything I will post it.

If you test with the vanilla game and you get inf freezing then its definitly the patch.

Hey i got a problem with this mod:

Everything works fine ( I can see AI improuvements) except for a few things.

Being wounded. I have no options to bandage or carry dead bodies and I have never seen a injured person on the floor.

Does it require first aid simulator to work? (i don't think so)

I also never seen someone get gibed before even useing arty strikes directly on people

any help would be apreaciated.