Sign in to follow this  
Solus

SLX Mod WIP

Do it ^.

As long as you dont financially gain, he appears to have given it to the community, which is a kind thing of Solus.

Ya seems that way, and no there would be no way to finacially gain from my mod nor would I do so,

All the mods are not my mod even though I did alot of work to compile them all, I do it for the community.

I'm not one to do things without permission or steal, or the like just not my thing, so thats why i ask I have enough respect for

the modders, plus its the rules anyways. i wish SOLUS would actually optimize this mod, I mean its like building a ferrari and then leaving the wheels off, and leaving,

maybe not the right analogy but you guys get the idea.

If I even knew how to script or edit any part of the mod I would do it,

maybe I could take the project up and see what I can do, anyone want to help?

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Yeah the whole idea behind that message you quoted is to open all the work put in SLX to the community. Solus did this in the past and we've talked about it multiple times, he is really open to others using his stuff, as long as proper credits are shown in a readme or something like that.

I wish Solus would be here to update the mod, but 'knowing' him and seeing as all the stuff that's been added and improved since he left... him coming back and simply updating will become him digging in deep and getting the most out of all the latest and greatest additions to the engine.

I got this cleared up by Wolle,

As i was pointed to this:

Disclaimer and license:

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. This is an unofficial addon, and is not connected with Bohemia Interactive.

The maker of this software is not responsible for any harm that comes to anything resulting in the use of this software.

All SLX releases are provided "as is" with no warranty or guarantee of support of any kind.

All content in this addon made by SLX may be modified and used in any way with or without credit,

except for parts that are under other licenses.

I have seen this before, but didn't think of it when coming to this new idea about add SLX.

So I have my answer. I think first I will test SLX, and then add to A2WarMod then test again and release accordingly.

As for the SLX project itself, I think I will look into it, and see how and if I can go anywhere with it.

Günter it's awesome that you want to look into following up Solus' work. It deserves staying alive and being in the spotlight!

I looked into several of the files, and Know how to open them all but In all honesty I have no idea where to start or even a clue of

what to do to make any changes to anything, I really dont understand what Im looking at, I mean I have a slight idea but not enough

to make a change and expect a result of some sort.

This is over my head, and to be honest I really dont understand with a mod this good why some of the guys in the forums here

that have a clue couldn't do something, in a way it bothers me that a good mod that could be almsot stable and we got plenty

of folk that know what their doing but doing nothing or are simply not interested, or probably dont have the time.

If the mod is so great and everyone loves it then why isn't it been taken up by someone who knows

how to mod or build addons?

I'd be more then willing to help a modder out that knows what to do, at least I could do is test and give my feedback,

I have an eye for detail.

If you will take it up Ill be there for you to test it out and do whatever I can with what I do know,

Im sure theres plenty of folk that love SLX that would help in someway.

Speak up people!

Last time I talked to solus he was having major PC problems and could barely run the mod he worked so hard to create.

Donate your PC's!

:p

I only opened the SLX files he made for Armed Assault but those where ALL commented from top to bottom, not that it made any sense to me as I haven't every touched coding, but it look 'modable'

Günter I share your frustration, I understand that everyone works on their own pet project, but THIS has so much potential to be even bigger.

Before Solus released the mod I believe there where talks with ACE to incorporate some of his codes, would love a team like that to integrate it into their own work or something.

I did remember on this mod playing it more than a year ago with arma 2, was for me one of the best AI mod.

Well i did read some of your posts and tried it with combined/Arrowhead and it works very well.

I did only delete SLX_VehicleEffects and nothing else, game + mod runs fluently without any problems !

So far I did end the first campaign mission and almost did end the 2nd one with the tank column, the AI is a lot better in comparison to Zeus or ACE so far. Iam really impressed..wow !!

Maybe you should try it if it works for you aswell, just delete the single file I mentioned. Currently i play only SLX without any other mod, but will probably try to add another graphic enhancement mod and maybe one sound mod. Will report again if everything works fine....

Awesome, the gameplay is so much better now ....and really different in comparison to Zeus or ACE. Love the effects and AI interaction, they support you with healings, they carry away wounded teammates, they use nades...both your team and the enemy. The tanks actually notice and engage a lot better, there is a big different now between engage and engage at will. Amazing AI mod !!

Edited by oxmox

Yes SLX is great, seems to work the best with Arma2:CO, but on vanilla Arma2 alot of features dont seem to work, well for me anyhow.

I will be adding the full SLX to the next version of WarMod but we havent gotten to it yet.

If you use SLX AI with any other AI mods like zeus or GL4 then theres a possibility of a freeze, or even lag, I know with GL4 I had one, seems to be ok with Zeus.

Quote:

originally posted by domokun

So how about listing the PBOs that each of us uses and doesn't use? Together we might be able to

identify the "stable" PBOs and the "bugged" PBOs.

As of

February 20th, 2011

Heres the Updated list:

from a previous post......

Quote: Günter Severloh

I went back several pages and put together a list of what we all have comeup with so far.

So here is what we remove from SLX to get it to stop freezing. Well on a side note I have no issues with SLX,

but i dont play SP with it, Im on my mp server (gameserver), so someone needs to confirm this list and report

on how it performs with them:

Under each file will be a quote from those that reported a problem with it.

REMOVE THESE PBOS:

SLX_GL3:

Quote:

The freeze / crash in SLX is down to slx_gl3 or slx_gl3_giveradios.pbo. I found this out after many hours testing.

I know it deletes some of the functions but you can run SLX without these two pbo's, without problems.

SLX_GL3_GiveRadios:

Quote:

Seems like after I have studied this When the Ai (friendly or hostle) spots a solider it in turn will Go

down to crouch, and radios Solider's location 2 all other friendly ai groups Which in turn lag the system in

someway maybe using 2 much CPU I figure causes freezes You try it yourself With GL3give radios and without seems run much faster without it

Quote:

try removing the GL3giveradio.PBO when I did it no longer freezes or crash it works perfect expect

ai bug other than dat it run good

Quote:

I recently Deletled Pbo gl3 give radios and yes no more lag nor frezzes for me so try that

SLX_VehicleEffects:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMarkwick

OK, after exhaustive tests the problem addon (for me) seems to be slx_vehicleeffects.pbo.

You mean for the out of memory crash?

Originally Posted by ray243

You mean for the out of memory crash?

I mean the game freezes

Quote:

Game freezing problem is caused by slx_vehicleeffects.pbo, remove it will get rid of the big bug

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainChunk

Hello,

Was wondering if anyone else currently running SLX mod has freezing when they fire an RPG or AA weapon at a helicopter.

I also experience freezes when I'm flying a helicopter and the AI shoots the above mentioned weapons at me.

orignally posted by Steiner34

Delete the vehicleeffects.pbo. I had the same problems.

SLX_NetCode:

Quote:

The only thing I can conclude now is that the SLX_NetCode is having arguments with the CBA code.

This is not indeed a ACCURATE assumption, but since I am using the Computer Technician Handbook that my

dad has on beta testing, and bug reviewing. I can only come down to the conclusion that there is a issue within

SLX_NetCode, and the freeze crashing of SLX could most likely be the cause of an out dated Extended Eventhandlers

package within CBA. IF this is not the issue, I highly insist that we get some testers on this subject immediately

because I think I am on to something. I also advise some of you try to just turn on SLX_NetCoding and leave everything

else in the Inactive PBO's folder. Including with running CBA [Required], and if the game crashes then I am sure then

this would pretty much sum up my brief test on this matter, if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions let me know.

SLX_TankCommanderGun

Quote:

Had a glitch with the tank commander trying to pop his head out when firing the main gun in manual mode - made

the tank nearly impossible to use as Commander - removed .pbo slx_tankcommandergun and it solved the problem!

Also, was able to re-insert slx_vehicleeffects.pbo - got rid of the spiralling flames and hasn't seemed to cause any lag/freezes or CTD's.

Quote:

if you use Zeus or an AI mod, I find deleting some of the SLX AI improves FPS.

Quote:

originally posted by CameronMcDonald

SLX_AISkill, for some unknown reason, causes any AI-controlled Hinds ingame to lose all accuracy on their YakB 12.7mm

machineguns (I mean [all] accuracy, the bullets sometimes come out at 45 degrees or more to the muzzle, similar to what

people who have had FADE activate report). Oddly, when I jump in as gunner and burp off a few rounds, they fire straight as always.

The gun also fires correctly when piloting with an AI gunner.

If AISkill is removed, the guns return to their usual macabre precision

SLX_ShotEffects:

Quote:

orignally posted by aid_52

shooting from the grenade launcher AGS (automatic mounted grenade launchers) is impossible. Game freezes with an error.

After a long selection of samples from the PBO SLX was found that the cause is "slx_shoteffects".

With his removal resumed normal flight path miscalculation.

Quote:

originally posted by WWIII

After i disabled the below files & its bisigns, i had no problems with the SLX.hpp file.

slx_ace_fixes,

slx_aiskill,

slx_anim_swim

Anybody else have any reports, game working ok for you guys with the files listed above removed?

Nice work Günter! But why remove slx_aiskill, as I thought it is a crucial part of slx AI?

Post I made was just updated from a previous post:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1848425&postcount=1439

But why remove slx_aiskill, as I thought it is a crucial part of slx AI?

You can keep it if you want, this

Quote:

originally posted by WWIII

After i disabled the below files & its bisigns, i had no problems with the SLX.hpp file.

slx_ace_fixes,

slx_aiskill,

slx_anim_swim

was listed for the SLX.hpp

I removed those 3 files myself and when I had all of SLX files in COWarMod I would get an error stating something along

the lines the SLX.hpp was needed,and I tried everything to get rid of it, and I could only run SLX as a "seperate" mod

outside of WarMod but I found my answer.

Now I can run CoWarMod with SLX Combined!

I have been testing SLX further with CoWarMod with the files listed above removed and I only get one issue

where the AI will freeze in place, just one guy though, and its random, not all the time, hes still alive but cant move,

he can say stuff but thats it, its like hes solid ice, lol

Other then that no crashes, or freezes, and the performance has been pretty consistant.

It would be really great if someone could get vehicleffects fixed, that's my favorite part about this mod. It feels gutted without it.

It would be really great if someone could get vehicleffects fixed

Theres alot of scripts in that Pbo, I looked at it but I cannot figure out what is possibly causing SLX to crash or freeze from this addon alone,

someone with script knowhow could possibly figure it out.

I think i have an idea though I could possibly use the tool addon checker, or maybe squint that checks for script errors or something.

I'll try something and get back.

Silly question but, the bisign should be removed along with the pbo?

Yes. Bisign has no function without its related Pbo.

Nope.

What i did was use squint to check the vehicle effects pbo and it had alot of errors, I fixed the errors, and then setup

a test folder for SLX only with all the pbos files excluded that I had listed in my one post except the vehicle effects,

and had a test mission setup with inf on inf and a tank and some bmps, well as soon as the shooting started the game crashed.

Then i did another test without vehicle effects, same mission, and no crashes, so its definatley that file, I fixed alot of

errors but there are some things I cannot seem to fix, so until someone takes this up and fixes it, all those that use SLX

will just have to remove the files on the list and go from there.

After taking out SLX_NetCode as per your suggestion, I was able to play a mission and save.

Went back to my save but could not load because "something or other" was relying on NetCode. Threw NetCode back in and was able to start from my saved position.

Seems like something relies on NetCode to work.

Refer to the first page of this thread and you will see the list of files in SLX, their information on what each file does and their dependancies.

Thank you. :)

But I think there is a newest version of this great mod. It looks like the work on the mod is no longer maintained.:(

Edited by Animal88

Newest and latest is the link I posted Version: 2.3 and yes the work on the mod stopped 11-18-2010.

My weapon keeps freezing up! It's not out of ammo, it fires normally at first then the rate of fire slows. Then eventually it won't fire! Any ideas what's causing this?

I'm not running any other mods, I'm using vanilla weapons.

The FPS are good so I don't think it's my computer struggling to cope. It's not my mouse button either. Brand new mouse and it also did it with my old mouse.

Lol did you get this line in your sig from Aliens 2 aka Aliens

They mostly come out at night. Mostly.

the little girl in the movie said that line.

As for your issue, your playing with SLX correct, and what game Arma2 alone, or OA, and or Combined Ops.

I play with Combined Ops with SLX and get no issues, what are your computer specs?