Sign in to follow this  
Solus

SLX Mod WIP

Solus,

Thanks for this Mod, just started using it and like it alot.

I did use the thread search function and could not find this so I have a question for you:

With SLX running I find that while I am in the prone position I do not stand up when I press my key command for stand up.

I have to first press the crouch key command and then separately press the stand up command.

I am not using default key commands - if that makes a difference - but it does not happen when NOT using SLX...

Is this a planned feature of the mod or a bug or might there be something wrong with my setup/controls?

I noticed this too :) I can't really see a reason why this would be a deliberate modification, but I can't discount it either :)

What might be happening is that the prone-to-standing animation his not defined in the SLX animation improvement addons, and for some reason the default one is lost also. I know that SLX generally increases the animation timings to make these transistions speedier, and while they make for a more fluid game I guess I might lose them and use the default slower ones instead.

SeaVee

Solus hasn't been on the forums here since November of 2010, but theres still folks asking questions and some answering.

I have to first press the crouch key command and then separately press the stand up command.

I dont recall the crouch and standup key being one key unless its just me but I have 3 seperate keys, crounch, standup,

and prone, as far as I know thats been the normal keys since OFP, dont think SLX messed anything up in terms of that but I see no issues.

SeaVee

Solus hasn't been on the forums here since November of 2010, but theres still folks asking questions and some answering.

I dont recall the crouch and standup key being one key unless its just me but I have 3 seperate keys, crounch, standup,

and prone, as far as I know thats been the normal keys since OFP, dont think SLX messed anything up in terms of that but I see no issues.

What he means is: can you go straight to stand from prone?

What he means is: can you go straight to stand from prone?

Exactly. I too have three separate keys programmed, one each for

stand up

crouch

prone

With SLX mod I can NOT go from prone to standing up by pressing the standup key command. With the mod off, I can.

With SLX on, if I press the prone key I go prone, and if I press that same key again, I will standup.

Ah ok lol guess i read your post wrong or something i can do that sometimes, sorry. but thats weird, maybe play around with the animation pbos in the mod.

~~~~~why are't you still to edit the mod??Do you now,there are many bugs with OA1.57~~~~I love this mod very much,i hope you can make it better~~~please~~~

~~~~~why are't you still to edit the mod??Do you now,there are many bugs with OA1.57~~~~

I love this mod very much,i hope you can make it better~~~please~~~

Sometimes you have to look a few pages back into a thread to get an idea that the one who created the

thread is no longer working on the mod, so in a sense your talking to a ghost, or to yourself here.

let me prove my point with a quote from Solus which was posted a earlier:

Originally Posted by Solus View Post

It seems stable and as far as I can tell it runs almost as well as default A2 on the laptop.

It's about as optimized as I can get it, although there's still the sqs format in SLX_Wounds that could be rewritten in sqf.

There's someone that's interested in doing that and he might get to it in a few months.

I'm not going to be working on it anymore. Thank you very much to everyone that has helped and

given feedback and support!

The license in the readme still stands, anyone can continue development of the addons or take parts

and make smaller addons if they want.

I'll check in to answer questions but most development is stopped. There will be a new release thread in

a bit with an updated addon description list.

Solus is the maker of SLX, he hasn't been on the forums here since:

Last Activity: 11-18-2010

So what do I remove to make it run perfectly?

Ray refer to my previous post here

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1839516&postcount=1414

the list i put together are a few of the things that the past few pages among the posters have found to

be some of the causes of the freezes and or crashes.

I can say for one the mod works better in mp then does SP, in SP youll have to remove files t those

specifically to get the sp to stop freezing, at least its a start.

remove those in the list and then try from there.

hope that answers any questions, or concerns.

Thank you Günter Severloh!

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

I notice you need to remove Ai dodge as well.

Your welcome.

As of

January 31st, 2011

Heres the Updated list:

from a previous post......

I went back several pages and put together a list of what we all have comeup with so far.

So here is what we remove from SLX to get it to stop freezing. Well on a side note I have no issues with SLX,

but i dont play SP with it, Im on my mp server (gameserver), so someone needs to confirm this list and report

on how it performs with them:

REMOVE THESE PBOS:

SLX_GL3:

SLX_GL3_GiveRadios:

SLX_VehicleEffects:

SLX_NetCode:

SLX_AI_Dodge:

This is what we got so far, I personally have removed all the AI pbos, but outside of this list I have had no issues

with freezing or crashes on a gameserver, no issues on my end for sp or mp. Mp seems more solid then sp.

I noticed the more AI the greater the possibility of freezes and or crashes.

If your game is lagging cant be for sure but with SLX expect a possible freeze.

Ok,

I went back several pages and put together a list of what we all have comeup with so far. So here is what we remove from

SLX to get it to stop freezing. Well on a side note I have no issues with SLX, but i dont play SP with it, Im on my mp server

(gameserver), so someone needs to confirm this list and report on how it performs with them:

REMOVE THESE PBOS:

SLX_GL3:

SLX_GL3_GiveRadios:

SLX_VehicleEffects:

SLX_NetCode:

This is what we got so far, I personally have removed all the AI pbos, but outside of this list I have had

no issues with freezing or crashes on a gameserver.

Anyone have any other results?

i noticed the only thing crashing out of those listed was the SLX_NetCode. Idk if I am correct, but I believe I am right.

If your using Arma2 alone with just SLX then I can only assume that maybe only one could crash or freeze one's game,

but consider the majority of players have a modded game like myself.

I think the issues come up with coflicts between SLX and other mods that could come close to doing possibly similer things,

like Blastcore and SLX effects, and or GL4 and the SLX AI, with out those listed I dont get any issues,

I can only assume that with other mods SLX will have problems.

Amazing as much as everyone wants this mod you would think some of the mod genius in the community here could take

up this project and get it optimized and or fix it so it dont crash or freeze, or either reconfigured.

I'd try it but I got my own work on my own mod, I could look into it, if there is a few guys that know configs and what not,

we could have our own little team to get this straightened out and maybe even up date it too with either

new features or upgrade the existing ones.

Thanks Gunter !

Recently upgraded to 1.57 and PMC DLC - SLX started freezing.

Removed all the files listed above - ALL the SLX_AI files as well (running Zeus & GL4).

Works flawlessly - best of all worlds now.

Cheers,

Chapman

*EDIT : Had a glitch with the tank commander trying to pop his head out when firing the main gun in manual mode - made the tank nearly impossible to use as Commander - removed .pbo slx_tankcommandergun and it solved the problem! Also, was able to re-insert slx_vehicleeffects.pbo - got rid of the spiralling flames and hasn't seemed to cause any lag/freezes or CTD's.**

Edited by Chapman_2424

Good report Chapman.

So it seems like the AI files too are what add to the problem, theres a good possibility that zeus and GL4 are

conflicting with SLX AI files, I use those as well, I will try with out, but I will update the list with your report.

I haven't tried this nor been able to get around to it yet but Im going to reinsert some of the wounds and

other files and see what type of response I get.

originally posted by domokun

So how about listing the PBOs that each of us uses and doesn't use? Together we might be able to

identify the "stable" PBOs and the "bugged" PBOs.

As of

February 3rd, 2011

Heres the Updated list:

from a previous post......

I went back several pages and put together a list of what we all have comeup with so far.

So here is what we remove from SLX to get it to stop freezing. Well on a side note I have no issues with SLX,

but i dont play SP with it, Im on my mp server (gameserver), so someone needs to confirm this list and report

on how it performs with them:

Under each file will be a quote from those that reported a problem with it.

REMOVE THESE PBOS:

SLX_GL3:

The freeze / crash in SLX is down to slx_gl3 or slx_gl3_giveradios.pbo. I found this out after many hours testing.

I know it deletes some of the functions but you can run SLX without these two pbo's, without problems.

SLX_GL3_GiveRadios:

Seems like after I have studied this When the Ai (friendly or hostle) spots a solider it in turn will Go

down to crouch, and radios Solider's location 2 all other friendly ai groups Which in turn lag the system in

someway maybe using 2 much CPU I figure causes freezes You try it yourself With GL3give radios and without seems run much faster without it

try removing the GL3giveradio.PBO when I did it no longer freezes or crash it works perfect expect

ai bug other than dat it run good

I recently Deletled Pbo gl3 give radios and yes no more lag nor frezzes for me so try that

SLX_VehicleEffects:

Originally Posted by DMarkwick

OK, after exhaustive tests the problem addon (for me) seems to be slx_vehicleeffects.pbo.

You mean for the out of memory crash?

Originally Posted by ray243

You mean for the out of memory crash?

I mean the game freezes

Game freezing problem is caused by slx_vehicleeffects.pbo, remove it will get rid of the big bug
Originally Posted by CaptainChunk

Hello,

Was wondering if anyone else currently running SLX mod has freezing when they fire an RPG or AA weapon at a helicopter.

I also experience freezes when I'm flying a helicopter and the AI shoots the above mentioned weapons at me.

orignally posted by Steiner34

Delete the vehicleeffects.pbo. I had the same problems.

SLX_NetCode:

The only thing I can conclude now is that the SLX_NetCode is having arguments with the CBA code.

This is not indeed a ACCURATE assumption, but since I am using the Computer Technician Handbook that my

dad has on beta testing, and bug reviewing. I can only come down to the conclusion that there is a issue within

SLX_NetCode, and the freeze crashing of SLX could most likely be the cause of an out dated Extended Eventhandlers

package within CBA. IF this is not the issue, I highly insist that we get some testers on this subject immediately

because I think I am on to something. I also advise some of you try to just turn on SLX_NetCoding and leave everything

else in the Inactive PBO's folder. Including with running CBA [Required], and if the game crashes then I am sure then

this would pretty much sum up my brief test on this matter, if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions let me know.

SLX_TankCommanderGun

Had a glitch with the tank commander trying to pop his head out when firing the main gun in manual mode - made

the tank nearly impossible to use as Commander - removed .pbo slx_tankcommandergun and it solved the problem!

Also, was able to re-insert slx_vehicleeffects.pbo - got rid of the spiralling flames and hasn't seemed to cause any lag/freezes or CTD's.

if you use Zeus or an AI mod, I find deleting some of the SLX AI improves FPS.

SLX_AI: Replaces A2 danger.fsm to improve AI reactions.

Dependencies: SLX_FindCover

SLX_AI_Diff_Armor_Balance:

SLX_AI_Difficulties:

SLX_AI_Dodge:

SLX_AI_Identify:

SLX_AI_NoAutoEngage:

SLX_AI_SpawnSkill:

SLX_AI_Steering:

SLX_AISkill:

originally posted by CameronMcDonald

SLX_AISkill, for some unknown reason, causes any AI-controlled Hinds ingame to lose all accuracy on their YakB 12.7mm

machineguns (I mean [all] accuracy, the bullets sometimes come out at 45 degrees or more to the muzzle, similar to what

people who have had FADE activate report). Oddly, when I jump in as gunner and burp off a few rounds, they fire straight as always.

The gun also fires correctly when piloting with an AI gunner.

If AISkill is removed, the guns return to their usual macabre precision

SLX_ShotEffects:

orignally posted by aid_52

shooting from the grenade launcher AGS (automatic mounted grenade launchers) is impossible. Game freezes with an error.

After a long selection of samples from the PBO SLX was found that the cause is "slx_shoteffects".

With his removal resumed normal flight path miscalculation.

originally posted by WWIII

After i disabled the below files & its bisigns, i had no problems with the SLX.hpp file.

slx_ace_fixes,

slx_aiskill,

slx_anim_swim

Anybody else have any reports, game working ok for you guys with the files listed above removed?

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Anybody else have any reports, game working ok for you guys with the files listed above removed?

Well I keep all the AI enhancements because that's why I use SLX in the first place :) however, I am also almost always playing SP. So for me, aside from some personal removals purely for taste, I only need to remove the VehicleEffects.pbo. For single player play, that seems to be enough.

SLX_MovementTransitions has broken a mission I'm creating, but I wouldn't say remove it until I've publicly released it. :)

Are you using SLX AI files alone or with GL4 and or Zeus or both?

I used both with SLX and it froze my game at one point in SP, I havent tried with just the SLX AI alone.

Are you using SLX AI files alone or with GL4 and or Zeus or both?

I used both with SLX and it froze my game at one point in SP, I havent tried with just the SLX AI alone.

I have ZeusAI and GL4 running as mods, but I use DAC which I believe nullifies GL4, at least for DAC generated units. It's possible to hand over DAC units to GL4 but I've never done that.

Hello guys, i've just tried the mod and the AI now looks great, but i've a problem: in the editor seems like that the AI can now ignore the "dostop", "force speed" and the "setunitpos" commands when in fight... I ofthen use dostop and forcespeed to make an AI soldier (that is part of a group) hold the position especially when i put them in a bunker or when i want them to snipe from a window etc...

So, basically, i want to know if there is a way to tell someone to hold the position without moving at all. And of course the "DisableAI "move"" command isn't good because it also freeze the soldier in one direction.

Can anyone help me with that?

Anyone know how 2 competely Do away with First aid and solders Bleeding out with shot ones or twice?

Ya what Chapman said remove the wounds.pbo, i can confirm this has I have asked the same question.

or SLX_NoFirstAid: Disables giving first aid in SLX_Wounds.

info on the SLX wounds and what it does:

SLX_Wounds: Based on real life footage and statistics (W. E. Fairbairn, FBI, police, thehighroad.org, etc).

Dependencies: SLX_NetCode, SLX_Shout, SLX_VehicleEffects (optional).

Location based wound effects on people when they are hit.

Arms - Small chance of an accidental discharge of their primary weapon. Small chance of dropping primary and/or

secondary weapon when arms are very damaged.

Legs - Good chance of falling down prone if legs are very damaged. No effect when already prone.

Torso - Good chance of getting knocked down and out of breath for a second if damage is over 50%.

If the torso is over 80% damaged and overall health is less than 60% then the person is critically wounded.

Head - 30% chance of temporary deafness and a 40% chance of temporary deafness, disorientation, and falling

down if head is less than 50% damaged, most likely caused by grenade blasts. 90% chance of temporary deafness and falling if head is over 50% damaged.

If the person is hit in the head, body, or legs and overall health is less than the "SLX_Wounded" value then they are critically wounded.

Critically wounded :

The person drops their primary weapon and lays on the ground writhing and screaming until either they are healed or die.

They are unable to shoot any weapons, but can still throw hand grenades, so watch out. Killing wounded people that pose

no threat at the moment(haven't thrown a hand grenade) will deduct 450 rating points. So if you have 0 rating points and

killing a soldier gets +200 rating points and you kill a wounded soldier you end up with -250 rating points.

Dragging wounded/dead:

Wounded or dead people can be dragged to a safer location for giving first aid, corpse recovery, or item scavenging.

Be careful of moving heavily wounded people though, moving them might kill them. Objects can also be dragged.

Giving first aid to wounded:

Giving first aid is based on the skill of the person giving first aid. If first aid is unsuccessful in stabilizing the wounded

person's condition then you will have to wait for a while before trying again. Giving first aid gives you rating points

proportional to the skill of the person first aid is being given to.

One of the things Im trying to do is have SLX integrated into A2WarMod, so far I have done it with no

errors but I have certain files in there which are good features in the game but if i could get the AI files,

and possibly the wounded one in there then I could possibly get it to work.

before when i tried I had gotten the error message while the game was loading when you see the loadup box

with the checkmarks, the game would start when I got the message that SLX needs Hpp something or another

which is if you open up the hpp, oly thing in it is:

// For SLX skills in ACE.

// #define ACE 1

I think the hpp is dependant on certain files in SLX, and Im trying to figure out which ones. personally I think Hpp files

like this should be more universal if you play with this mod then the SLX mod is configured for it, if you play with this mod ect,..

we shouldn't have to have a dependancy on other mods.

I don't think it's a dependency, more of an accomodation. And in any case, it looks disabled to me :)

Accomodation makes sense.

I've yet to test this out once I get all the files I want in the folder, maybe it was the CO version I got the error? hmmm.

I'll report if i got anytihng.

question for you guys, I probably can answer this myself but what if i were to release a A2WarMod version with SLX added

to the entire mod I mean SOLUS did post in the thread:

originally posted by SOLUS

It's about as optimized as I can get it, although there's still the sqs format in SLX_Wounds that could be rewritten in sqf.

There's someone that's interested in doing that and he might get to it in a few months.

I'm not going to be working on it anymore. Thank you very much to everyone that has helped and given feedback and support!

The licence in the readme still stands, anyone can continue development of the addons or take parts and make smaller addons if they want.

I'll check in to answer questions but most development is stopped.

Would it be accepted as the same as granting permission to add the mod?

What i would do is test the mod soley on its own in Arma2, then with A2WarMod v 1.3, probably a few

tests and then tweak accordingly.

Hate to be turning the SLX thread into A2WarMod but just the question

thoughts?