Sign in to follow this  
Solus

SLX Mod WIP

I cringe at the thought that some users are actually using all the pbo's which is over 100!

That dont really mean anything, i mean you have to look at the files themselves, pbos are just the zip files, when you

count the pbos you aren't counting the bisigns, you want to count the number of features the mod adds, which would be:

86 total features, which is alot. the number is on the 1st page, count the features. This is 1 mod that has this many

For A2WarMod the number is higher, not to compare or anything but 122 features, probably more and running, but this is 122 mods

running with multiple features per mod but have no issues.

SLX has been the only mod that I have had trouble with in terms of crashing.

SLX has been the only mod that I have had trouble with in terms of crashing.

Yes, when there's a lot of scripting crashes are inevitable in any game. That's why I only chose 20 pbo's. So far, no crashes only very slight stuttering.

to be honest, whenever i freeze... it just crashes the game. I literally have to go to task manager to get the crap off of my screen lol

same here 2

Which pbo has the destroyed gore body effect? Also which pbo has the anim where the troops drag wounded soldiers? Thank you

Which pbo has the destroyed gore body effect? Also which pbo has the anim where the troops drag wounded soldiers? Thank you

The SLX_Wounds pbo has the gore feature enable by default. But you can eliminate that feature with the SLX_NoGibs.pbo. SLX_Wounds has the dragging injured soldiers ability BUT in all of the SLX animation pbo's descriptions I don't see specifically anything about "dragging" animation. So, it could be that SLX_Wounds pbo enables that feature by default or it's actually in one of the animation pbo's but the author forgot to add that particular description.

Edited by Lorca

Which pbo has the destroyed gore body effect?

You can use this pbo found in @SLX/Addons/Options -folder: SLX_NoGibs.pbo, so you don't need to disable the whole wounds system.

All Pbos are listed on the first page of this thread and give detail as to what each one does, also included in the readme.

Hi, I just started using some of the features of slx today and so far enjoy it. However, whenever a helicopter is shot down, it does not explode like it did in the default game. I am not using SLX_Mod_Veh_Core.pbo so I don't know why it is happening.

Is this a know bug? Again, I am not using SLX_Mod_Veh_Core.pbo

Tested more and tanks do not explode either.

Edited by Nightrain

I'll let you guys know, that I have been sorting these issues out for a while now. And I keep finding false educated guesses, however. The only thing I can conclude now is that the SLX_NetCode is having arguments with the CBA code. This is not indeed a ACCURATE assumption, but since I am using the Computer Technician Handbook that my dad has on beta testing, and bug reviewing. I can only come down to the conclusion that there is a issue within SLX_NetCode, and the freeze crashing of SLX could most likely be the cause of an out dated Extended Eventhandlers package within CBA. IF this is not the issue, I highly insist that we get some testers on this subject immediately because I think I am on to something. I also advise some of you try to just turn on SLX_NetCoding and leave everything else in the Inactive PBO's folder. Including with running CBA [Required], and if the game crashes then I am sure then this would pretty much sum up my brief test on this matter, if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions let me know.

Hm, hope you get it sorted out. Would love the JSRS explosion sounds going off again sometime soon.

I really really hope that slx_vehicleeffects is somehow fixed to not crash the game anymore soon.

All these wishes, unless someone takes up the project themselves and fixes it, and or contact Solus, nothing is going to happen,

only thing til that if that even happens which it should , probably best to tweak the mod for yourself by removing certain pbos that give you trouble.

the first page lists all the features in the mod as well as the pbos you can remove that will disable certain effects ect.,

If your game is crashing or freezing then review the previous pages of the thread and it should give you an idea of whats working for others.

I agree. So how about listing the PBOs that each of us uses and doesn't use? Together we might be able to identify the "stable" PBOs and the "bugged" PBOs.

Ok,

I went back several pages and put together a list of what we all have comeup with so far. So here is what we remove from

SLX to get it to stop freezing. Well on a side note I have no issues with SLX, but i dont play SP with it, Im on my mp server

(gameserver), so someone needs to confirm this list and report on how it performs with them:

REMOVE THESE PBOS:

SLX_GL3:

SLX_GL3_GiveRadios:

SLX_VehicleEffects:

SLX_NetCode:

This is what we got so far, I personally have removed all the AI pbos, but outside of this list I have had

no issues with freezing or crashes on a gameserver.

Anyone have any other results?

I play a lot of SP, and the only one causing the game to crash totally is vehicleeffects. Altough it has some pretty neat effects if working, it makes the game unplayable.

Neteffects (and perhaps SLX_GL3, SLX_GL3_GiveRadios, perhaps others aswell?) also has neat effects and causes maybe 30 sec hang ups once in a while. Which doesn't affect me very much as a SP player.

I really hope a update will come to this awesome awesome mod.

I have SLX but only have patched to 1.54 - I have no crashes - I assume all these crashes came about during the 1.57 patch and PMC addon ?

Chapman

Game dont crash for me anymore of course only time it froze was in sp, and I play custom mp missions on my gameserver.

I have latest 1.57 patch and run CO, have no issues on my end.

Hvae also removed all the AI pbos and dont see any issues coming up.

I took out all AI pbos as well and now there are no crashes due to SLX.

However, huge amounts of scripts thanks to MM, zeusAI and GL4 and SLX are causing huge pauses/lags!

But thats no ones fault but mine for using so much stuff!

Only pause I get is after initliaztion of GL4 but after that nothing.

But overall SLX is running good, missing some features but running np.

I've yet to test SLX with SP though, it runs np in mp.

Anyone else have any good responses, or anything they found?

I can load live but wounded soldiers into vehicles but I find that I cannot load dead people. whenever I try they don't get in the vehicle and instead go in a sitting position outside the car and are upside down with their faces in the ground and their legs sticking up. does anybody else experience this problem. Is there a way to fix it. So far this happens no matter what vehicle I try to load. I am using Combined Ops could that be the problem?

I'm not sure loading dead people into your vehicle was ever within the intended scope of this mod. I know Solus said that you could get an option for unloading the dead -you know, to make room for the living...

Ah that's to bad. Would add a lot more realism to the gameplay. Not many armies these days just leave their dead behind for the enemy to collect. The army's "leave no man behind" applies for both the dead and the living. Oh well. Maybe theres another mod out there that will allow this.

LOL!

Ok, I hear ya -sort of...

I mean in your standard mission, your going to load up your dead squaddies into your car/APC/tank/ and do what?!? Take them to the local airport to get tagged/wrapped and loaded onto a transport?

Most missions end with you in the middle of nowhere so your corspe-y friends would just be attracting flies in the backseat (literally with certain mods).

If your making a mission, you could easily script something that replicates a dead body getting managed but for a standard mission, just not very necessary to get into that level of minutiae.

Solus,

Thanks for this Mod, just started using it and like it alot.

I did use the thread search function and could not find this so I have a question for you:

With SLX running I find that while I am in the prone position I do not stand up when I press my key command for stand up.

I have to first press the crouch key command and then separately press the stand up command.

I am not using default key commands - if that makes a difference - but it does not happen when NOT using SLX...

Is this a planned feature of the mod or a bug or might there be something wrong with my setup/controls?

EDIT: I did just find that when prone if I once again hit the prone key I WILL stand up, but I won't directly stand up when I hit the my separate key command for prone. Not a biggie - just have to remember that when prone if I want to stand up to again hit the prone key.

Edited by SeaVee