Sign in to follow this  
Solus

SLX Mod WIP

I was having the same problem , I was thinking incompatibility with ACE but only disabled SLX so don't know ,do you run ACE?:)

I was running ACE yes. I will run it without ACE next time & see what happens :)

*edit*

Ran it without ACE, still the same freeze.

Edited by DMarkwick

Do you guys mean you are just flying/driving around playing the game, possibly being engaged, and your game just locks up for what feels like a system crash, until it suddenly picks back up just before you hit reset? That was happening to me consistently A few days ago, then I did a bunch of fiddling with my mods and I've not had any since.

Do you guys mean you are just flying/driving around playing the game, possibly being engaged, and your game just locks up for what feels like a system crash, until it suddenly picks back up just before you hit reset? That was happening to me consistently A few days ago, then I did a bunch of fiddling with my mods and I've not had any since.

What was the nature of the fiddling?

there appear to be some scripting bugs in the slx, i had showscripterrors running and particularly 2 errors showed up.

first one was when using grenade launcher, error generic error in expression in the dummy grenade script.

second one was from fire.sqf i believe, said type array, expected object i believe.

not sure what these scripts do exactly, but there not working as intended.

also i noticed that when i played a mission where an insurgent fires his rpg at a helicopter, the game would lockup and had to force restart.

plus ive experienced some temp lockups in the game at certain events, also random crashes were also experienced.

i really love the mod and think its probably one of the best out there, but im unfortunatly gonna have to wait until a possible fix as the game is unstable when playing with it

What was the nature of the fiddling?

I've recently come back after a 7 or so month break from Arma2 as my x52 stick broke and put me off playing. I recently had a lot of free time and decided to bring all my mods up to date and start playing again. So I've spent time installing, playing around with load orders, selecting/deselecting mods and that sort of thing. It could be any number of things, but it's important to note that it seems to be correctable if we're talking about the same thing.

I'm using SLX with GL4, ZeusAI, MMA, ACE and the extras, CBA of course, JSRS, WarFX, JTD and many additional vehicle and weapon content mods. I removed some pbo files so it wouldn't interfere with WarFX, and some other things. My tanks don't react physically to their own cannon shots though, there are no firing effects of any kind for tank cannons in fact, so I assume I've not made it all inter-compatible yet.

I've recently come back after a 7 or so month break from Arma2 as my x52 stick broke and put me off playing. I recently had a lot of free time and decided to bring all my mods up to date and start playing again. So I've spent time installing, playing around with load orders, selecting/deselecting mods and that sort of thing. It could be any number of things, but it's important to note that it seems to be correctable if we're talking about the same thing.

I'm using SLX with GL4, ZeusAI, MMA, ACE and the extras, CBA of course, JSRS, WarFX, JTD and many additional vehicle and weapon content mods. I removed some pbo files so it wouldn't interfere with WarFX, and some other things. My tanks don't react physically to their own cannon shots though, there are no firing effects of any kind for tank cannons in fact, so I assume I've not made it all inter-compatible yet.

Rgr :)

I have some older builds, I'll install the last one I got before the latest, as I don't recall freezes in that one. I'll see if it still works OK.

The freeze / crash in SLX is down to slx_gl3 or slx_gl3_giveradios.pbo. I found this out after many hours testing. I know it deletes some of the functions but you can run SLX without these two pbo's, without problems.

I notice that Zeus seems to be using a simular pbo in his AI mod ( zeu_GLx )and this also freezes, but eventually recovers itself. I hope someone fixes this in SLX as its a great mod. Just a heads up !

cheers

Cub 1.

Hi! I have a problem, I have arma2 1.07, working whit ACE2 and SLX -nosplash -mod=@SLX;@ACE2

But it dosnt work, ace is working and i think some effects of SLX but the Wounded drag effects and surrender dont. Why is this?

Hi! I have a problem, I have arma2 1.07, working whit ACE2 and SLX -nosplash -mod=@SLX;@ACE2

But it dosnt work, ace is working and i think some effects of SLX but the Wounded drag effects and surrender dont. Why is this?

Although I haven't seen any surrender in action, the last time I used SLX I myself was dragged by an AI to safety when I was wounded, so I can say that this works. Maybe there's some conditions that must be present for it to work, and that you just haven't come across it yet.

ah ok DMarkwick. But i cant drag dead bodyes and i test shuting my group but nothin happend. Is not working for me

ah ok DMarkwick. But i cant drag dead bodyes and i test shuting my group but nothin happend. Is not working for me

Hmm. Well I don't know a 100% reproduction condition, but try setting up a firefight between Blufor & Opfor and watching the fight as a civilian, see if you eventually see some dragging in action. Do you have any of the PBO's disabled or are you using a complete SLX install?

Ok i going to do that. Yes i have all SLX mod installed. I played it before but now i cant get it work

EDIT: Yes i try that and nothing. I cant Drag and is not working for me. Is Ace? I need Operation Arrowhead?

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

#define ACE 1 i need to do something whi it? In User config? I try all!

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

I Have Arma 2 1.07 (Not OA) Whit @SLX;@JTD;@Ovaron1.2;@panthera;@JSRS;@AircraftHUD;@duala;@ACE

But it dont work I play this mod before. This last version is for OA? I need change somethng whit Userconfig? Before i just leave the mod in the Game directory but now it dont work, nothing of SLX. I whant the Wounded surrender and drag modes

Edited by Choki

Now I have the animations of SLX also the Radio sounds and some effects. But NO WOUNDED, DRAG or Surrender! PLZ help

I am trying this mod and when I use it the AI moves lightspeed...lol. It is almost ridiculous. I am running the modified taskpatrol script that I run all the time without issues but in this mod they run around back and forth like crazy at full speed. Also is there a way to possible remove radios or something from units so every single unit isnt always aware instantly?

-mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@ACE_A2;@ACEX;@mma;@mma_xeh;@VopSound2.2;@stmovement;@PROPER;@SLX -nosplash -skipintro -world=none

I try everithing and it dont work, I dont understend! Is ace? I need to do something whit SLX.hpp?

No answer as to why the units move so unhumanly fast? I really like all the effects it adds and I'm not really interested in trying to figure out what each individual addon does...or even remove what the author intended for the mod for that matter. I like the idea of install ACE...install SLX...play the game. Short of being able to change the speed a certain % and see how it feels Im not interested in editing or removing stuff really. Its sort of all or nothing as I dont know of any wiki explaining each addon. I would like it to be all!

The freeze / crash in SLX is down to slx_gl3 or slx_gl3_giveradios.pbo. I found this out after many hours testing. I know it deletes some of the functions but you can run SLX without these two pbo's, without problems.

I notice that Zeus seems to be using a simular pbo in his AI mod ( zeu_GLx )and this also freezes, but eventually recovers itself. I hope someone fixes this in SLX as its a great mod. Just a heads up !

cheers

Cub 1.

I'm still getting freezes despite moving those two PBOs out of the folder.

freezes? what about the game moving too fast for those who actually have a computer WITHOUT freezing...lol

OK, after exhaustive tests the problem addon (for me) seems to be slx_vehicleeffects.pbo.

OK, after exhaustive tests the problem addon (for me) seems to be slx_vehicleeffects.pbo.

You mean for the out of memory crash?

You mean for the out of memory crash?

I mean the game freezes, which I suppose may or may not be the same thing :)