Sign in to follow this  
Solus

SLX Mod WIP

Who needs it :)

SLX_Melee_Give: Gives knives to armed people at mission start, knife type depending on side.

Not only do they re-arm:

AI's will automatically try and help wounded or dead people. They will attempt to drag them into a safer position before giving first aid or scavenging weapons. AI's immediately go into alert mode when someone is wounded or killed.

AI's taking secondary weapons and machine guns:

If someone with a secondary weapon or a machine gun dies then another AI from their squad will attempt to come and pick up the weapon.

This is #1 must have mods IMHO.

is there a working link for SLX 2.3 download?

love the gibbing in this mod. Anyway to make it client side, if I join a server using this mod all the player wounds etc happen but I cant explode the AI :(

Are you trying to imply Armaholic does not have a file? Please dont make us look bad :(

;)

Sorry, somehow I didn't find it on Armaholic. Might be because there are tons of search results, when doing a search for SLX. Thank you.

what pbo file do i have to remove to make everyone walk around at default speed again? great work btw i love this mod:)

Does SLX mod work with just ARMA 2 OA stand alone, because if i can recall i just reinstalled the stand alone and Ive tried this before and and error message occurred on start up. saying i needed the "che".... island from the Original arma 2... can anyone clarify if this work with just stand alone??? thank you

Hello,

Was wondering if anyone else currently running SLX mod has freezing when they fire an RPG or AA weapon at a helicopter. I also experience freezes when I'm flying a helicopter and the AI shoots the above mentioned weapons at me.

Mods that I run on my ARMA 2 Combined Operations installation (patched to OA 1.56 and 1.08 for ARMA 2)

Ace Core 1.6

Ace Extra

Ace Sound Mod

CBA 0-7-1

SLX 2.3

Would really appreciate community help on this matter.

Thanks.

Hello,

Was wondering if anyone else currently running SLX mod has freezing when they fire an RPG or AA weapon at a helicopter. I also experience freezes when I'm flying a helicopter and the AI shoots the above mentioned weapons at me.

Mods that I run on my ARMA 2 Combined Operations installation (patched to OA 1.56 and 1.08 for ARMA 2)

Ace Core 1.6

Ace Extra

Ace Sound Mod

CBA 0-7-1

SLX 2.3

Would really appreciate community help on this matter.

Thanks.

Delete the vehicleeffects.pbo. I had the same problems. It should work without it.

Really love this addon but has anyone noticed a strange bug whereby infantry units become frozen in place whilst standing (usually whilst aiming a weapon)?

I was playing in the editor last night and ended up with troopers randomly dotted around the battlefield like statues. :D

Hi i been using this mod for a while soooo love But it one prob that mess up all the fun. It freaking keeps freezing up all the time sometime it freezes then run again but this sucks i only play like 15mins or less of a simple mission i make in the editor it also it laggs alot more than just running without SLX iWonder if any other people have the same issues if anyone can help maybe delete pbo. that will make it run much faster or stop freezing up all the will really help i enjoy this mod alot and hope it will be patch And the bugs are fix very soon

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

Hi i been using this mod for a while soooo love But it one prob that mess up all the fun. It freaking keeps freezing up all the time sometime it freezes then run again but this sucks i only play like 15mins or less of a simple mission i make in the editor it also it laggs alot more than just running without SLX iWonder if any other people have the same issues if anyone can help maybe delete pbo. that will make it run much faster or stop freezing up all the will really help i enjoy this mod alot and hope it will be patch And the bugs are fix very soon

Also i use most recent patches for ArmA2 CO

Delete some pbo's that aren't really needed or noticeable. A lot of features in SLX run loads of scripts at once which can bog down the game.

yeah, what he said. This is an amazing mod, and because of the ways the pbos are set up, you can keep what you want and get rid of what you don't want.

Yeah, and I've found that it's directly attributed to SLX for some reason. Disabling SLX makes it stop. I'm fooling around with the pbo's to see if I can find out if there's a particular part that's causing it.

Delete some pbo's that aren't really needed or noticeable. A lot of features in SLX run loads of scripts at once which can bog down the game.

what do you think would be best pbo's to delete in you opinion?

I deleted a number of things effecting game effects, clouds, smoke, etc. I also deleted wounds (due to personal preference, if you like them then I'd keep them) and vehicle effects. Also, if you use Zeus or an AI mod, I find deleting some of the SLX AI improves FPS.

Im also getting this. which of the pbo'es have you deleted and does it work?

Hmm, there are features I don't seem to have. I never hear people talking nor do I get the option to talk to anyone. I don't have body drag options and I never see AI troops interacting with wounded people. Tank cannon shots have no muzzle flash effect, no smoke/ground-dust effects and when they fire the main gun the tank isn't affected by recoil physics at all, it just doesn't move. I'm unsure if the tank issue is related to SLX or not, but I know the mod does affect some vehicle effects. Oh and I don't ever see any of these fancy aircraft damage effects that are listed in the readme. I have a lot of mods but this is supposed to be quite intercompatible right?

I haven't seen any gibbing from tail-rotors yet either. does it work on any chopper?

I really enjoyed the features added by SLX. The gib effects are a nice touch, adding portrayal to how horrible war can be.

A couple of things I did have issues with is that sometimes I think AI drags the wounded (sometimes me :p) around for far too long, until the wounded bleeds to death (and not necessarily under heavy fire). The drag feature is great, except that due to limitations of Arma 2 AI, they don't always know where is the quickest and best place to drag to, or prioritize between whether it is better to keep dragging, or better to just administer first aid as soon as possible cuz poor guy is bleeding all over. Perhaps the solution is to limit the time the AI can drag you?

Also for some reason, after winning a firefight and in all the time it takes me to heal friendlies, rearm/scavenge, reorganize etc. before moving on, it seems that the enemy AI wounded can lay there struggling and screaming forever without bleeding to death (they are still alive and screaming by the time my group is leaving), yet when it comes to my AI squadmembers, it seems they need to be tended to quick or else their time will expire and die.

Sometimes, the medic will simply refuse to heal wounded as ordered (either by saying negative, or by saying roger but just stops next to wounded and do nothing). Not sure if this medic thing has to do with SLX or the game itself though...

One last thing, does anyone know how to use the bayonet provided by the melee pbo's? I see the knife show up in the inventory, yet I have no idea how to attach it to my gun and use it. There is no option for it in the mouse-wheel menu, and not sure where else to look...

SLX is currently causing my ArmA2 to freeze (in that, ArmA2 freezes with SLX enabled but doesn't freeze with it disabled). Anyone have a fix or know any info?