Sign in to follow this  
Solus

SLX Mod WIP

All good health! In your language I can communicate only through a translator. So do not pay any attention to the gross errors, if any. If you use one mod (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11265) shooting from the grenade launcher AGS (automatic mounted grenade launchers) is impossible. Game freezes with an error. After a long selection of samples from the PBO SLX was found that the cause is "slx_shoteffects". With his removal resumed normal flight path miscalculation.

P.S.

And as obsolete can be removed for ever "slx_tankcommandergun". Since all the tanks are equipped with anti-aircraft machine gun mounted on a tower used as anti-aircraft, to combat low-speed targets (helicopters) and for targeting the enemy, which is remotely controlled from the tower, which reduces the risk for the crew to use and allows its use to defend themselves against tank and infantry. Especially when the commander climbs all crew members immediately protruded from the hatches, too. Hence the tank gunner can not direct the target and shoot until he climbs inside. As for the rest still have the same flaws, but it can be solved by the involvement of other mods ... .

But if that interest, I always please

I v got a question : does AI use buildings to attack and cover with SLX mod or bots still ignore them like in original game? I mean do they shoot from windows etc?

I v got a question : does AI use buildings to attack and cover with SLX mod or bots still ignore them like in original game? I mean do they shoot from windows etc?
ai use buildings for cover... attack don't know

they shoot sometimes against wall inside buildings but i think the building position system is to bad to attack from inside

Edited by TeilX

TeilX Sad. I v heard bots can do it in Zeus mod but i cant see it caz people from Russia are banned and cannot download it=)

@Solus:

There is a huge problem with the ai_skill.pbo and the A10 (planes) since version 2.1.

The AI can't handle the GAU 8 anymore. Once the GAU is fired , the AI is screwed up. They constantly fire the cannon, in the air , on the ground, no matter if theres a target.

With version 1.9 it is all fine.

@Solus:

There is a huge problem with the ai_skill.pbo and the A10 (planes) since version 2.1.

The AI can't handle the GAU 8 anymore. Once the GAU is fired , the AI is screwed up. They constantly fire the cannon, in the air , on the ground, no matter if theres a target.

With version 1.9 it is all fine.

I think it has to do with "target position"

It happened on my UH-1Y once, the gunner refused to cease fire when dismounting troops, thus shot them in the back.

But I still think the biggest problem currently is the SD weapons underpowered, can't even play those missions required this type of weapons.

After i disabled the below files & its bisigns, i had no problems with the SLX.hpp file.

slx_ace_fixes,

slx_aiskill,

slx_anim_swim

Good mod, but it's crashing our dedicated server ARMA2 + OA + ACE2 running on beta 73478.

It starts to eat up all the server's RAM until 100% and crash..I've tried removing some combinations of files with no success, right now server's health is back to normal, running only with slx_fov.

I got this just for being able to holster my pistol, but how do I start with it holstered?

Can I get the ai to start with it holstered too, and do they draw it out when there is danger and begin firing when there is danger?

Is Solus actually around anymore? He hasn't posted in ages.

Hi - I've glanced through the majority of these 127 pages and I was wondering if anyone can advise whether this mod has a shell casing function - so the casings remain on the ground ? I've read that the weapons have accurate ejection anims but I haven't been able to find any info on the casings remaining on the ground.

Thanks,

Chapman

I don't think the casings persist, but I believe ACE has the functionality .

hello all

i got problem with this AI mod, AI firng at chooper with their gun, including unguided missile, like M136 or RPG. But AI not using AA launcher, even thety have one.

So, which file should i remove to prevent this?? i mean, i love this, but AI prefer to order someone who using unguided missile than AA launcher.

Id like to see pistol holstering while prone and crouched. I know the animation while prone can be done as it is this etc - AmovPpneMstpSnonWnonDnon_AmovPpneMstpSrasWpstDnon. The current one is useful nonetheless.

Noticed something today when I was testing different weapons against static enemies. When using SXL together with ACE2 (1.5 version for Combined Operations), .45cal weapons (M1911 and USP) doesn't seem to do much damage at all. I could shoot 8-9 shots in the face/head of an enemy about 1 yard away before he would finally fall down to the ground and become "incapacitated". Once of the ground he could take another 3-4 shots into the head before dying. All other weapons seems to work OK, except for silenced 5.56's which would need over 4-5 torso shots before the target went down. This was tested with only SLX's own "medic" system.

Is there any way to prevent SLX from giving units the AN/PRC backpack radio or at least be able to designate who the radio goes to? It seems to always give the radio to the point man in a group. and it gives squads the AN/PRC radio even when they have the hand helds.

Hi

I gather Solus is taking a break but I hope he reads at least the next sentence:

Solus, thank you for this outstanding addition to A2. I'm plugging it to other newbies at the smallest excuse :)

Several posters have asked about compatibility with Zeus & other addons. There's an excellent guide from The.D to getting these & other mods working together at

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=96591

based on ACE2 but (little tested as yet) seems to work OK for non-ACE launches.

One 'bug': in some missions (both of Bardosy's campaigns, both of thomsonb's "Flashpoint" missions) intermittently the 'fire' [mouse button 1) is either delayed or even refuses to work at all. Doesn't happen every game but once it starts it only gets worse. exiting the game and restarting the mission from an earlier save sometimes clears or just postpones this eventually lethal phenomenon. Presumably it is some conflict with ascript in the game.

Not a system s/w or hardware error. XP Pro fully up to date; several mice tried (HP KT400AA wireless mouse/kb with currentHP s/w; MS Intellimouse with Intellimouse s/w or with default XP driver; standard 2-yr old Dell mouse with XP default driver, Logitech Pilot Optical with XP default driver).

Happens with v1.07 as well as v1.54.

Some comments on the dragging - I think the script is somewhat too powerful.

- Sometimes even a corpsman will drag a wounded soldier back & forth for sevearal minutes without healing them, even on open ground under fire. This makes both dragger & dragged easy targets for player & AI alike.

- AIs sometimes 'jump' instantaneously up to maybe 10m to grab a fallen colleague

- they jump through objects like walls (occassionally) or fences (quite often) to grab a comrade.

The last can be useful to players :) Ever wanted wirecutters to get through a high fence in a non-ACE game? Look at a wounded or dead ally or enemy within a couple of metres on the other side & select 'drag'. Often you'll then find yourself on the other side :)

If it's a wounded ally it doesn't matter if you don't cross the fence & they do instead, you can then heal.

Dead troops can be looted of weaponry whichever side of the fence you find yourself.

Actually wirecutters are something that would be really useful especially on stealth or infiltration missions. Standard equipment IRL for at leat 100 years or so. Only available in ACE atm.

Again, thanks for a brilliant mod.

Ciao

Carl

Man, I love this mod. Another issue, if it hasn't been mentioned already, and if Solus should ever decide to return:

- SLX_AISkill, for some unknown reason, causes any AI-controlled Hinds ingame to lose all accuracy on their YakB 12.7mm machineguns (I mean [all] accuracy, the bullets sometimes come out at 45 degrees or more to the muzzle, similar to what people who have had FADE activate report). Oddly, when I jump in as gunner and burp off a few rounds, they fire straight as always. The gun also fires correctly when piloting with an AI gunner.

If AISkill is removed, the guns return to their usual macabre precision. :)

For me the best mod ive ever played! Really makes the AI come to life

For me the best mod ive ever played! Really makes the AI come to life

It hurts to play without it :D

Solus, thanks for this mod and your dedication to the community.