Sign in to follow this  
Solus

SLX Mod WIP

Whic pbo to remove the shouts and shouting sounds? is it he shout.pbo? just want to make sure, thanks Solus.

Here's the latest version:

https://rcpt.yousendit.com/930114203/ff348f4b79ff974830bee7fd57ce1383

It's looking pretty perfect now.

Changes:

2.3:

Fixed: Dialogue crash in Quesh Kibrul/Takistan warfare.

Changed: AI crouch more often in combat.

Fixed: No suppressive targets high in the air.

Fixed: Bleed rate time.

Fixed: Give radios.

Fixed: Limiting group shout comments to 20% of group.

Fixed: Radio caller waits until hidden from everyone in enemy group.

Changed: First aid reduces bleeding each time instead of always stopping.

Added: Bleeding appears under legs when leg wounded.

Added: Find cover excludes fences with min object width check.

Sig: I'm not sure what the problem might be, maybe I'll look into it.

kongfanxiao101: Thanks, I see what you're talking about! They should be better at crouching when appropriate now but they don't do it all the time like in the videos there where they are always force crouched. Actually those are pretty force scripted so you could just have a script in a mission where you keep running "{_x setunitpos "middle"} foreach units this" on the groups if you want them to be forced to always crouch.

Pvt. Phillips: The Zeus AI skills are basically the same thing as the SLX_AISkill addon, they should work together but I don't know which is used when both are loaded. I might be biased but I like the SLX one a bit better for the more range of skills, where low skill AIs are bad at stuff and high skill AI are good.

yeh,I saw your Introduction.I'm very happy," AI crouch more often in combat."thank you solus:yay:

Hope someone can help. I'm getting a wierd error "cannot find include file @SLX\SLX.hpp"

I've a copy of the file in the @SLX folder and after getting this error I put another copy in the userconfig folder with the other hpp files but no luck. Tried a hand edited shortcut and Spirited Machine launcher without success. Only quirky thing is that due to lack of space I've got my mods folder on another drive to the game - this works fine for everything else than SLX even worked fine for SLX before I bought OA, you just qualify the mod folder with the path.

Any ideas??

Thanks,

Stonehouse

I've a copy of the file in the @SLX folder

This is where it should be,so i don't know why your getting this error?

Ok it does seem to be a "feature" of these later versions of SLX. Earlier versions were happy to work from a mod folder that wasn't under the Arma2 folder. I tried moving the @SLX folder into my main Arma2 folder and it immediately worked and had no problems resolving the SLX.hpp file. I'm only guessing but it would appear that the path to file is partially hardcoded somewhere to start from the Arma2 folder. I suppose the other thing is that SLX.hpp is a fairly new addition too.

Cheers,

Stonehouse

Edited by Stonehouse

awesome!

works better than ever.

Except for 2 things i have never noticed before:

1. the enemy does not always shoot me dead. i mean when about 20m-40m away they shoot me once, then they stop shooting and wait for me to bleed to death or something, at which time i shoot them all anyway. it's very strange. i had wounds & woundai, melee and melee give pbos disabled but all other slc default components enabled. at greater distances there is not this problem.

2. the gunner on the apache does not fire at will on enemies in broad view 200m away.

these are 2 things i have never noticed on slx before and felt worth mentioning as slx is so bloody good to use to add a little extra to arma2

one thing that could be improved with the captured / surrender system is the ability to drag one into vehicles. That, or add them to your group. I can't really have any prisoner extraction missions without this function

Solus i really really like your SLX mod..one problem me have is when i destroy enemy trucks or APC

the black smoke flareing up it kills my FPS baddly an was woundering can you tell me how remove black smoke an keep everything else..

just want get rid of the black smoke please.

blackpulpit: Yes, just slx_shout.pbo

Stonehouse: It is hard coded, sorry.

twisted: Hmm, it works fine for me. Check your AI skill settings in the difficulty options for the difficulty mode you are using then restart the mission, try setting it to regular or novice skill settings. You might have manually set the skills very low for Zeus AI or default AI but SLX makes the difficulty options effective at setting the expected difficulty levels.

Fox '09, KrAziKilla: They already do, just get into a vehicle and following captives will get in if there is room.

Yuya88: That's strange, check your video settings and drivers. I can barely run on the very lowest settings and the grey smoke/dust is not a problem for me. Check if there are other mods running.

Yuya88: That's strange, check your video settings and drivers. I can barely run on the very lowest settings and the grey smoke/dust is not a problem for me. Check if there are other mods running.

me pc specs is 2GB Ram , XFX overclock GTX 295 , AMD X4

but me just want get rid of black smoke after tanks are destroyed an only use default black smoke if that ok Solus?

mods me is using is TRSM Track wheeld souns an TRSM Wheel sounds an JSRS sound mod an last ACE 1.5

Thanks for the confirmation Solus . I really like the mod so I'll leave it as I've got it set up so it works but I guess if you can somehow pick it up from the -mod parameter in the shortcut or perhaps relocate the hpp file to the userconfig folder like ace, jtd etc so you can still hardcode it that would be great as it means that the actual @SLX folder could be independent of Arma2's location. In any case thank you for the hard work on the mod it's really appreciated.

Cheers

Stonehouse

Edited by Stonehouse

Solus can you help me rid of the black smoke afther automobile is destroyed an buring full of black smoke that flares up to the sky?

this only thing that scales down my FPS.

an i really really like you mod super great.

the WarFX mod black cloud smoke afther automoible or tank is destroyed there hardle any scale down in FPS when alot cars or tank are burning.

removed^^sry

Edited by TeilX

@Solus

Regarding AI is it possible to extend the engaging range in a way that the ai notice the player from long but do not start shooting and eventually waste all their ammo, but try to flank or otherwise get closer.

For example detection range 1km (modified by stance, concealment, etc..) shooting range 500m (weapon dependant)??

Any ideas regarding to this would be great..

I post it over to zeusai thread as well someone may come up with sg there..

Thx in advance..

2 bug reports:

1. Medic in USMC FR do not have heal option.

2. Apache chain gun always miss targets by about 20m. You'll never hit the center of the cross-hair, happens on both player and AI.

I found 3 bugs:

1) A funny one: After I destroyed the weapon of a captured soldier, I could order my medic to "heal" this destroyed weapon via menu. :D

2) Is it possible to overdo the healing system for injured enemy soldiers. Despite they surrendered they get shot by my men.... (I know I asked this before). Also its very difficult to determine via the menu to order my medic to heal a specific enemy soldier.

3) With your last version, the Ai inf seems to waste ammo. Even in small firefights some soldiers ran out of ammo, especially the soldiers equipped with assault rifels, like the M16.

questions...

- what pbos do to stop my screen from blacking out when i recieve fire in an aircraft. i cant evade or do anything because i have no idea whats goin on the world around me. especially annoying when in a dive?

- when my aircraft gets shot, my pilot kinda just slumps low and to the right, so now i cant see over the dash to fly?

i read the descriptions but i dont know which one to take out in order to get rid of those 2 things.

islesfan186 when your screen goes black and your guy slumps over it means you have been wounded badly. (black screen getting knocked out)

4 other bugs:

1. SD weapons are generally underpowered, I shot a Taki jeep gunner(without body armor) above chest three times and he still able to return fire and killed me

2. Vehicle Gunner do not follow weapon order from the commander. E.g., I order my gunner to use auto cannon to suppress enemy infantry, and he insist switch back to MG.

3. Sometimes Medic refuse to heal wounded soldiers.

4. T-72 crew tend to open their hatch during the heat in combat,despite I gave them Danger mode, thus result with very high casualty.