Sign in to follow this  
Solus

SLX Mod WIP

Hi Solus

I have useed your SLX MOD,thats good.But,i want you to change AI's Fighting behavior.I don't like Ai always drop to the ground.If Ai look at enemy,they usually kneel and then drop.I hate Ai always drop down.

Maybe these advice is hard to solve or naive.If you want to solve,i will be very happy.If not It does not matter.

getting 'cannot find slx.wounds.sqs" or something , 2.1. can't really say when it happens but...

Good morning,

I have to ask the following question:

When I place an Infsquad with a vehicle in the editor, the the group will use the vehicle to get to a waypoint which is far away. (SLX behaviour, right?)

But if I spawn the same group and the vehicle via script, the group does not use its vehicle and moves to the waypoint by foot....

Aren't the scripted units influenced by the SLX AI?

1st: i love SLX

2nd: i often cannot throw grenades while using SLX

my soldier does the "throwing" animation, but nothing happens. after like 5 tryes sometimes he droppes a grenade, just infront of me, no mather how long u keep pressing left moue button.

anyone else got se same problem?

I'm getting an error while using SLX on ArmA2 alone: the error says:

No entry bin\config.bin/CfgVoice/Female01EN_EP1.directories

After debinarized the config.bin file inside dialogue.pbo I've seen that the class Female01EN_EP1 is under the EN class and not TK so it has not the directories entry

Here's the latest version:

http://www.yousendit.com/download/aHlSOGNjcklEa1ZFQlE9PQ

Mirrors appreciated, thanks for keeping them updated!

Changes:

2.2:

Fixed: Many bugs/missing features in MP. Lots of testing for desync and performance for limiting effects (dropped weapons, blood, gibs).

Fixed: SLX_Wounds bugs from sqf conversion. SLX_Wounds_Hit MP error. Respawn reset vars. Wounded marker text. Minor bleeding with new lower min bleed rate.

Fixed: A2 female voice error.

Fixed: Calls to new SLX_Wounds format in GL3, player surrender anim, vehicle effects.

Changed: No visible dragged vehicle cargo.

These are some special releases for MP compatibility thanks to Genesis92x and friends for the MP testing!

kongfanxiao101: I would need you to describe or show me the exact situation that they're in to see if it's incorrect.

Firewall: I think that's default behavior, check the first group's settings, speed mode, waypoint type, etc for the second group.

KrAziKilla: Sometimes the throw animation seems to reset but the grenades always throw for me.

So, when BIS is finally hiring you? :P

*edit*

maybe put this topic in the "completed addons" topic?

Edited by KrAziKilla

I sistematically have a CTD on MP (self-hosted), isle Quesh Kibrul, using only SLX, when I order my men to mount a vehicle. If I change the entry Female01EN_EP1 : EN to Female01EN_EP1 : TK in config.bin inside dialogue.pbo all goes well. Testing more and more now :)

EDIT: I've tested on ArmA2 alone. It seems that the CTD happens only on Quesh Kibrul island; no on Utes or Chernarus. Testing on other islands now.

EDIT2: Only on Quesh Kibrul there is a CTD. If I don't run SLX all go well. The problem seems to be in dialogue.pbo and with the change above (Female01EN_EP1 : EN to Female01EN_EP1 : TK) all work well.

Edited by goliath86

Is SLX compatible with the most recent version of ACE and Group Link 4?

And is it even compatible with zeus ai mod and CSM2 sound mod?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

http://www.yousendit.com/download/aHlSOGNjcklEa1ZFQlE9PQ

Mirrors appreciated, thanks for keeping them updated!

Changes:

2.2:

Fixed: Many bugs/missing features in MP. Lots of testing for desync and performance for limiting effects (dropped weapons, blood, gibs).

Fixed: SLX_Wounds bugs from sqf conversion. SLX_Wounds_Hit MP error. Respawn reset vars. Wounded marker text. Minor bleeding with new lower min bleed rate.

Fixed: A2 female voice error.

Fixed: Calls to new SLX_Wounds format in GL3, player surrender anim, vehicle effects.

Changed: No visible dragged vehicle cargo.

These are some special releases for MP compatibility thanks to Genesis92x and friends for the MP testing!

kongfanxiao101: I would need you to describe or show me the exact situation that they're in to see if it's incorrect.

Firewall: I think that's default behavior, check the first group's settings, speed mode, waypoint type, etc for the second group.

KrAziKilla: Sometimes the throw animation seems to reset but the grenades always throw for me.

Very nice Solus! I will give it a try, is it possible to get a new link? This one seems to be broken for me :\

I need a little help placing the .hpp file in the right spot.It keeps giving me error messages saying Include file "@SLX/SLX. hpp not found".Ive put the hpp file in the userconfig folder with a custom folder that i named "SLX" and without.It still gives me the same error message.NEED HELP!

report solus

my mean is the AI can always shoot from a kneeling position but not dorp down.:D Because I think AI always dorp down,they may make game's rhythm slow.Can you consult Ai shoot of the FFN MOD for AmA.:)I like that.

goliath86: Thanks for narrowing the problem down to that config entry! Here's the fix for that: https://rcpt.yousendit.com/929213689/e81a5a2133d33d6e4a6721fed35f2956 Also the SLX driving AI seems to work excellently in convoys in Quesh Kibrul, the default AI seemed to get hopelessly stuck just trying to drive down the street.

Genesis92x: Hmm, it seems to still work fine for me. Try this one maybe? https://rcpt.yousendit.com/928645985/94f1562585a33d11f79cb221ac90c613

built4speed: Just extract the whole @SLX folder into your arma2 folder, mine looks like this: "C:\Arma2\@SLX\SLX.hpp"

kongfanxiao101: That still doesn't make much sense, sorry. Where/when exactly are they slowing the rhythm down?

Edited by Solus

Does SLX work alongside Warfx and OA? I'm not getting the explosion effects and particles. :confused:

sorry my english not will.

I like AI always shoot from a kneeling position.....I don't like they always drop down or find enermy keen-lie down-shoot........If you like you can do that if you don't like ....No matter

Edited by kongfanxiao101

goliath86: Thanks for narrowing the problem down to that config entry! Here's the fix for that: https://rcpt.yousendit.com/929213689/e81a5a2133d33d6e4a6721fed35f2956 Also the SLX driving AI seems to work excellently in convoys in Quesh Kibrul, the default AI seemed to get hopelessly stuck just trying to drive down the street.

Genesis92x: Hmm, it seems to still work fine for me. Try this one maybe? https://rcpt.yousendit.com/928645985/94f1562585a33d11f79cb221ac90c613

built4speed: Just extract the whole @SLX folder into your arma2 folder, mine looks like this: "C:\Arma2\@SLX\SLX.hpp"

kongfanxiao101: That still doesn't make much sense, sorry. Where/when exactly are they slowing the rhythm down?

Thanks! That one worked for me. Youre always welcome on our vent as always Solus. Cheers!

hi solus I'm back:p

I will decide my thought.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J43h6baxhcE?fs=1&hl=zh_CN"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J43h6baxhcE?fs=1&hl=zh_CN" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

look at this FFN video,make Ai lie down in the field.and make AI always keen in the city like this FFN video

I want they can find enermy and distory it.Not see enermy-keen-lie down-shoot。I want ro see AI can attack the enermy by keen.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djNrFcrNVjA?fs=1&hl=zh_CN"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djNrFcrNVjA?fs=1&hl=zh_CN" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Do you understand my thought?I hope you can make the AI battle in the field diffrent from city ,thanks:)

Yes,AA2's Ai is gooder than AA and OFP.But I want Ai keen more than lie down in the city:(

Edited by kongfanxiao101

I've tested it with CSM2 and ACE and it works! :D

Thanks for responding it helps alot!:) You dont happen to know if slx works with zeus ai combat skills and spotting modular-ace?

Thank you for your fix Solus. I will try that and report.

Thanks for responding it helps alot!:) You dont happen to know if slx works with zeus ai combat skills and spotting modular-ace?

You're welcome! Sorry but I really don't know if SLX works with zeus AI and spotting-modular-ACE :(

Edited by goliath86

You're welcome! Sorry but I really don't know if SLX works with zeus AI and spotting-modular-ACE :(

Thank you I found out.:)

https://rcpt.yousendit.com/930114203/ff348f4b79ff974830bee7fd57ce1383

It's looking pretty perfect now.

Changes:

2.3:

Fixed: Dialogue crash in Quesh Kibrul/Takistan warfare.

Changed: AI crouch more often in combat.

Fixed: No suppressive targets high in the air.

Fixed: Bleed rate time.

Fixed: Give radios.

Fixed: Limiting group shout comments to 20% of group.

Fixed: Radio caller waits until hidden from everyone in enemy group.

Changed: First aid reduces bleeding each time instead of always stopping.

Added: Bleeding appears under legs when leg wounded.

Added: Find cover excludes fences with min object width check.

Sig: I'm not sure what the problem might be, maybe I'll look into it.

kongfanxiao101: Thanks, I see what you're talking about! They should be better at crouching when appropriate now but they don't do it all the time like in the videos there where they are always force crouched. Actually those are pretty force scripted so you could just have a script in a mission where you keep running "{_x setunitpos "middle"} foreach units this" on the groups if you want them to be forced to always crouch.

Pvt. Phillips: The Zeus AI skills are basically the same thing as the SLX_AISkill addon, they should work together but I don't know which is used when both are loaded. I might be biased but I like the SLX one a bit better for the more range of skills, where low skill AIs are bad at stuff and high skill AI are good.