Sign in to follow this  
Solus

SLX Mod WIP

hey im having problems with starting my game with this mod. When i start the game it says include file @SLX\SLX.hpp not found and then the game shuts down could someone please tell me what im doing wrong im only using SLX and CBA

You need to have a folder in your main Arma directory named @SLX, and a text file named SLX.hpp included therein.

Inside the @SLX folder (within the SLX mod archive you downloaded) there will be a SLX.hpp file. The simplest way to get it set up correctly is to simply install the @SLX mod to your ArmA directory.

If you decide to move the SLX PBOs to another location (as I have), you STILL need to have an @SLX folder with the SLX.hpp file inside, or else you will get the crash you are getting.

How do you enable debug tool in this mod?

how do i install the @SLX mod to my arma 2 directory. right now i keep trying out ways i can make this work with modfolders should i not be doing that?

how do i install the @SLX mod to my arma 2 directory. right now i keep trying out ways i can make this work with modfolders should i not be doing that?

That is what he means, put the @slx folder in your main arma2 directory and all the pbo's your using (slx pbo's) need to be in the addons folder inside the @slx folder. Now once you have the folder in the correct place go to your ARMA2 shortcut or OA shortcut and in the target line add: " -mod=@slx". (notice there is a space before -mod, also if you have more mods to run separate each with a semicolon.

As far as not being able to start your game goes, you can not change what mods you are using mid mission. You must revert to beginning of the mission in order to load the game.

If ARMA2 won't load at all then you have a compatability problem. The requires CAwheeled2 is a compatability error. If you running the regular no OA version of ARMA2 you need to use the SLX backcompatability.pbo if your running OA/combined operations you need to not use this pbo.

An easy way to change what PBO's your using for SLX is to create a new folder in the SLX/Addons folder and cut and paste the PBO's you dont want to run into that folder, or just put them in the "options" folder.

As someone else stated before I don't know if you can play with just plain OA w/o ARMA2 using SLX mod.

As far as the SLX.hpp file goes I always play with ACE, and I have never done anything with this file. I always leave it in its default location and I have never had any problems. If this is what you are suppose to do or not, i don't know.

As far as SLX causing stuttering goes, I don't know what to tell you, as I have never had that problem

Edited by Component Actual

That is what he means, put the @slx folder in your main arma2 directory and all the pbo's your using (slx pbo's) need to be in the addons folder inside the @slx folder. Now once you have the folder in the correct place go to your ARMA2 shortcut or OA shortcut and in the target line add: " -mod=@slx". (notice there is a space before -mod, also if you have more mods to run separate each with a semicolon.

As far as not being able to start your game goes, you can not change what mods you are using mid mission. You must revert to beginning of the mission in order to load the game.

If ARMA2 won't load at all then you have a compatability problem. The requires CAwheeled2 is a compatability error. If you running the regular no OA version of ARMA2 you need to use the SLX backcompatability.pbo if your running OA/combined operations you need to not use this pbo.

An easy way to change what PBO's your using for SLX is to create a new folder in the SLX/Addons folder and cut and paste the PBO's you dont want to run into that folder, or just put them in the "options" folder.

As someone else stated before I don't know if you can play with just plain OA w/o ARMA2 using SLX mod.

As far as the SLX.hpp file goes I always play with ACE, and I have never done anything with this file. I always leave it in its default location and I have never had any problems. If this is what you are suppose to do or not, i don't know.

As far as SLX causing stuttering goes, I don't know what to tell you, as I have never had that problem

Can you solve the 1097's Problem?:o

My OA have of such errors.I can get into the game, but the errors appeared.:D

Same problem as above! Will try to install Arma 2 and see if it works.

By the way, I have lost the ability to move static weapons, in addition to getting these errors.

Same problem as above! Will try to install Arma 2 and see if it works.

By the way, I have lost the ability to move static weapons, in addition to getting these errors.

Your mean is Combine OA and AA2?

I have a mission based on awesome UPSMON patrol script (defensive phase) and use the SLX mod too.

I wonder if these scripts cross themselves with negative issues.

No one else has tried?

All problems are solved for me with the latest SLX version. :bounce3:

Install it with the normal modfolder method in the same install directory.

@fideco: SLX is compatible to nearly all other mods. If you load the patrol script AFTER SLX (...@SLX;@patrolscrtipt;...) then you could be sure, if there is an interference, the patrol scripts are used. But I could not obviate any negative issues.

For SLX use without OA, copy the slx_a2_backcompatability.pbo int @SLX addons folder.

@Solus: I discovered a funny thing(minor bug): An inf squad was advancing slowly over a field of hay bales. There were 3 soldiers taking cover behind the same hay bale at the same position. Their bodys were merged into eachother.

@fideco: SLX is compatible to nearly all other mods. If you load the patrol script AFTER SLX (...@SLX;@patrolscrtipt;...) then you could be sure, if there is an interference, the patrol scripts are used. But I could not obviate any negative issues.

Thanks for your attention, but UPSMON Patrol Script (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=91696)it is not a Pbo and you have to put it directly in mission folder:it's not an addon like SLX.

Thanks for your attention, but UPSMON Patrol Script (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=91696)it is not a Pbo and you have to put it directly in mission folder:it's not an addon like SLX.

Ok. The instructions to the AI of the patrol script have the "highest priority". But commom AI behaviour, like finding cover or doing evasive maneuvers still are the SLX way. Maybe this could have negative influences. The best thing you can do is making some testmissions and evaluate the result. :)

@Solus: The tanks do no longer throw smoke. 2 M1 got hit, disableing the tracks, but they didn't throw smoke to cover themselfs.

It's strange anyway, that even if the tanks are hit directly into the front armour, mostly the tracks are destroyed.

Its awesome now, how smart the Ai is in recognizing the enemy. In vanilla arma sometimes the enemy walked infront of some tanks, and they did not recognize the enemy.

my latest frustration is the AI ignoring "Safe" , "get in", and "get support at". do you think you could do anything to make those actions top priority , or make 'safe' make them ignore everything but your orders?

Do you think you could add something that lets you put your dead teammates bodies into vehicles? You can already drag them if they go down. I'm asking just because I like realism and it feels wrong just to leave your guys bodies in the middle of the road.

Do you think you could add something that lets you put your dead teammates bodies into vehicles? You can already drag them if they go down. I'm asking just because I like realism and it feels wrong just to leave your guys bodies in the middle of the road.

i feel the same, would be very cool to have a function to haul dead teammates back to base. you can "unload" dead or wounded people, but it would be cool to put them back in

you already can, drag a body, then when in drag mode select get in diver when near a vehicel, when your in the vehicle you can select drag bodies if there close enough and the they will be loaded in to the vehicle. Its a bit fragile but it works.

Who can slove my 1097's error?That wery Annoying~~~~

That error is caused by using the wrong version of CBA.

Download the new CBA version 0.60 (just use a direct download link from Armaholic or somewhere else. If you use six updater it will identify the version using a different sort of alph-numeric numbering system like b07 instead of 0.60 so its hard to tell which version you have)

With the new CBA version 0.60 everything is much more intuitive. All ARMA2 versions now use the @CBA addon.

If your using combined operations (A2 + OA) that is all you need.

If you have A2 standalone you need @CBA + @CBA_A2.

If you have OA standalone you need @CBA + @CBA_OA.

The new SLX version 1.9999 might very well fix this problem, as noted in the change log. But if you are using OA standalone (and this may be other mods causing this) you might run into problems where you see missing addon errors, because a mod is trying to access an addon (despite what the word addon may lead you to believe many addons are ARMA2 original files) that are only available in the ARMA2 files and are not included in Operation Arrowhead. If this is the case then simply merging OA with A2 would fix the problem.

Edited by Component Actual
Edit because of new CBA version and new SLX version changes.

Here's the next version:

http://www.yousendit.com/download/T1VueEVkdENreER2Wmc9PQ

Basically I went through and cleaned up and optimized almost everything. Most of the code should be readable and commented and everything seems to run smoothly and reliably. I tested in MP and optimized the net code to minimize desync.

Thanks to Armaholic, Armedassault.info, and ArmA2Base.de for the regular mirrors!

Changes:

1.9999:

Fixed M1A2 loader. Optics when turned in, turn out when firing.

Separated radio addon.

Fixed find cover road check. Thanks to Protegimus!

Fixed people standing on buildings completely.

Fixed dragging more than one person at a time.

Fixed jaw shot.

Made flies take longer to gather.

Made following captives automatically get in captor vehicle cargo if there is room.

Made AI handling of wounded vehicle crew.

Made GL3 stationary defending AIs mount empty unassigned static weapons and vehicles.

Made static weapon gunners suppress at mission start and when someone mounts the weapon.

Fixed missing A2 addons error in OA standalone.

Fixed dropped weapon pickup reliability.

Made first aid and bandaging take longer and look better.

Updated silent vehicle commands to OA.

Added body armor to Army soldiers.

Fixed AI SCAR ROF.

Lower sight range for tanks in general, higher for M1s.

CAVS armor for M1s.

Fixed trace particle source not getting deleted for short range shots.

Went through all functions in MP debugging.

Optimized AI distance checks.

Wounded markers are only in cadet mode.

Long MP testing and optimized all net code to try to minimize desync.

Binarized all addons/configs for fast loading.

Deleted all unused commented out code.

Fully commented AI and FindCover addons.

Fixed loud fly sounds in MP.

Bleeding is slower and can bleed to death.

Fixed BIS AIS compatability.

Added SLX steering config to Ikarus bus.

Updated rocket engine effects.

Made RPG sights OA compatible.

Changed impacts to use A2 effects.

guiltymanjohn: Other than speed issues I don't know of what could be causing that. Speed should be increasing with this version which might help.

Component Actual: I might look into adding that stuff, we'll see. The SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf may be able to be read from the \Arma2\scripts\SLX_GL3\f\ folder to try configuring things in missions.

Genesis92x: Thanks for that report! If you test the new version please report back if you can narrow down what might still be causing desync.

kongfanxiao101: Thanks for those bug reports, they should be fixed. OA only compatibility should work now but I can't test it as I don't have the stripped OA common addons anymore. I'll release an updated compatability addon quickly if this version doesn't fix it. Also like Component Actual said I would recommend getting ArmA 2 to add to OA, it's a good game.

fideco: GL3 is active by default. There aren't really many configuration options now. What would you have in mind?

Firewall: I'm not sure what more could be done to keep the AIs from bunching up behind cover, they should have slightly offset positions they are told to move to, but then the default movement AI takes over and maybe it's moving them into the same spot. The tank armor is slightly fixed, track kills should be less common from getting hit in the front but they still seem to happen. In OA it seems a better than last version at least. I don't think I'm going to work on it anymore.

Fox '09: The AIs should only divert move on "move, wait, hide, and in formation", so a get in or resupply command shouldn't get interrupted but the default AI is very slow to move under combat. I usually try setting them to aware mode when I want them to do something, and they shouldn't divert anywhere when in aware mode and in formation at least.

Devil Dogs SF: You can load dead people into vehicles by getting into the vehicle while dragging them. It's hard to load multiple people though, you need put them in front of or on the other side of the vehicle and then get in, then you can select the drag action and it will move them in. Same thing with objects like static weapons and ammo crates. Maybe it will be changed to be like the "unload people" action later.

Edited by Solus

Thanks for the update Solus

A question

I'm not able to find in SLX forder the file "slx_ai_turnmove.pbo" as described in readme.

Is it still actual?

Thanks for the mirror Miller!

fideco: That one was removed as the AIs now move forward when turning most of the time, so checking for the turn moves is a performance waste when they are so rarely used.

It seems the fire.sqf script is repeating over and over again causing some serious lag and desync when your bring down vehicles.

Also, playing a recent mission (Not fully tested yet though) the game becomes unplayabled at about 2-3 hours. The game starts locking up and CPU usage drops down to 26%. The lock-ups start to become more and more frequent and eventually last longer. Starting with lockups that last 2 seconds to lockups that last 30 seconds. With me being the host, I got them 90% of the time. My friend got a few lock-ups but were rare.

On most occasions the lockups could be summoned by shooting an enemy. A tank. A soldier. Anything that delt significant damage to the enemy caused these massive lock-ups.

No other mods were running except @CBA and @HiFi mod (Which is a sound mod). The main source could not be narrowed down but the suspected culprit would be the wounded PBO. Next time I play with my friend I will remove the Wounded PBO and see if the lock-ups persist. If it does not persist I will post back here.

Has anyone else had an issue with this?

My computer is not the best but it has never had an issue like this:

Vista

Quad CPU 2.40GHz

Mem: 3070 MB

Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 5750

PS: This mod is great though! The AI actually feel as if they can think on their own-realistically. Not just scripted code. It's amazing. The only issue that plauges it are the lock-ups. Great work Solus

Edited by Genesis92x

The AI is very impressive and the firefights are very intense and immersive. Thanks a lot for the nice fixes

- However there is a little issue with the LittleBird in the 4th SpecOp mission of OA Campaign, just start this mission and see yourself (The one where you have to free the hostages)

The Littlebird seems to bounce in the sky and explodes rather quickly...

Regards,

TB

Edited by Thunderbird