Sign in to follow this  
Solus

SLX Mod WIP

Okay guys, its working now. I had to try those "slx_a2_backcompatability.pbo's", and it had to fix the trouble.

Thanx for the helping hands ! :)

I cant get SLX saved missions to reload with OA (standalone+beta) and get this message:

You cannot play/edit this mission... (missing) cawheeled2_lav25;cawheeled2_btr90;cawheeled2_kamaz

I am running with @cba;@cba_oa latest versions.

I have no idea how to merge my OA (steam version) with vanilla arma2 and tried dump merging the 2 huge files to no avail. :butbut:

I also get a lot of missing weapon errors but I'm guessing their all from Arma2 and have recently added the Slx-backcompatability.pbo but still doesnt work.

Edit: Woot! Took out the Ai_steering.pbo and it seemed to do the trick :)

Edited by froggyluv

Thanks for update. Glad the M1A2 loader will now finally get his ass inside the tanks now. :D

Wich of the files do i need for this ?

Thanks for the mirrors!

Fox' 09: Thanks for spotting that! Fixed.

Vilman: The SLX A2 Back Compatibility addon in optional will fix those missing OA addon messages. I'll try making it part of the main addons in the next version.

froggyluv: Thanks for spotting that, those must be removed in the standalone OA addons. I'll see if the Back Compatibility addon can be made to make it easy to work with.

Muecke: That's in SLX_Mod_Veh_Core.

Something in v1.9998 is causing all my wheels to turn into squares/blocks at painfully close distances, even with object detail v.high.

I swapped out some PBO's with previous versions but haven't been able to pinpoint anything.

I have the Ace2/GL4/Zues/SLX thing going for standalone arma.

i had some problems with gl4 and slx... maybe related?

I'm trying to use this mod and ACE 2 1.3 for ArmA 2 standalone.

What do I need to do in order to make this mod fully ACE compatible?

Also, is this modular? If I don't like a feature, can I just take out that specific pbo and the rest will work fine?

certain features rely on some pbos , so if you remove say, gl3, you have to delete pbos that rely on gl3. But yes, it's modular.

ACE compatible? it is ace compatible.. for ArmA 2, you need arma2backcompatiblilty.pbo or whatever from options.

Solus,

Is there anyway you can give us some table options for GL3 kinda like what GL4 has? So that we can set reinforcements and other settings to our personal likings?

Also if anyone has any tips for using SLX and GL4 together that would be great. Like what all is redundant between the two, like AI pick up weapons and stuff like that, and where there are redundancies which MOD handles that particular feature better. (Fox '09, I understand you have some experience using these together, your input would be very welcome.)

Also if anyone has any tips for using SLX and GL4 together that would be great. Like what all is redundant between the two, like AI pick up weapons and stuff like that, and where there are redundancies which MOD handles that particular feature better. (Fox '09, I understand you have some experience using these together, your input would be very welcome.)

Just take a look here :

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=96591

It's a great sticky post to combine complex mods like ACE2, GL4 and SLX.

certain features rely on some pbos ' date=' so if you remove say, gl3, you have to delete pbos that rely on gl3. But yes, it's modular.

ACE compatible? it is ace compatible.. for ArmA 2, you need arma2backcompatiblilty.pbo or whatever from options.[/quote']

Thanks. Hopefully I can get everything sorted out to my liking.

What is the purpose of the SLX.hpp file? If I'm using ACE, do I need to edit out the "//" comment? What exactly does that do?

Also, I've heard that using this mod and ACE gives you like three different options to heal someone. I just want to use the standard vanilla BIS wounds system. Can I just delete "slx_wounds" and that will go away?

I'm not sure, but I think it enables ace compatibility, so it will disable / tweak certain features.

to remove slx wounds, I think you need to remove slx_wounds , slx_wounds_ais or something, just anything related to wounds, and blood. :D

Has anyone else had FPS issues with the SLX mod? It seems to drop my FPS down by huge leaps!

I've tried the same mission (couple of AH-1's vs K-52's) with both Vanilla OA + SLX and just Vanilla OA. The SLX mod mission is always stuttering and lagging.

hey im having problems with starting my game with this mod. When i start the game it says include file @SLX\SLX.hpp not found and then the game shuts down could someone please tell me what im doing wrong im only using SLX and CBA

Hello!

Does anyone know how to make this mod more MP compatabile? Or what the issue is with the desync?

The mod works great with two people but as soon as you bump that number up the games desync goes crazy.

I have found myself deleting the script "Slx_Fire.sqf" from "Slx_vehicleeffects.pbo" to even get the game to run on a bearable level with more than two 2 players. I have also removed many other .pbos that were not crucial to the game.

I'm not sure what is causing it in the mod but I can usually have at least 10 players in my server before we get an ounce of desync. With only 4 players desync comes and goes. Ranging from 1-11,000 at times.

Really apparent during firefights.

Have you ever thought to do to support OA's MOD perfect?I am looking forward to your SLX MOD for OA.But still thank you very much.

Edited by kongfanxiao101

Great mod, but the fps drop is huge...

you guys have to write a bit more about what the problem is , maybe open your .rpt and see if there are any errors, because I run slx with zero problems

A question.

How do you activate Group Link 3 feature?

Is it possible to configure it?

you guys have to write a bit more about what the problem is ' date=' maybe open your .rpt and see if there are any errors, because I run slx with zero problems[/quote']

My OA have of such errors.I can get into the game, but the errors appeared.:D

j95us8.jpg

6nqk1z.jpg

nwn1af.jpg

hmm i think he made the mod either require combined operations , or just ArmA 2. so you must have one or the other.. having just OA wont work

look i dont know what else to tell you the game doesnt even start it just puts up the same error every time do i not have something that i need please help