Sign in to follow this  
Solus

SLX Mod WIP

Here's the latest version:

http://rcpt.yousendit.com/909881219/5fec2b35979b37a396e661e6a44498b1

Mirrors appreciated!

It should work fine with ACE but I have not gotten a chance to test it more yet.

Changes:

1.9997:

Fixed excessive suppression effects starts when under function lag.

Less Mk19/AGL AI dispersion for less friendly fire.

Fixed rare script errors in AI dodge and GL3 garrison.

Added max instance limits to shot effects, AI dodge, trace effects, and blood drops to avoid script lag in large scale scenarios.

Fixed critical wounding happening from light wounds.

Optimization in GL3 and blood drops.

Fixed probability so AI AH1s use missiles/rockets/guns reliably.

Tweaked tank movement to try making tanks keep their hull armor pointed towards the enemy.

Made GL3 garrison ignore groups waiting for a trigger.

Optimizations to findcover. Runs faster/less stutters in game but puts out more text to arma2.rpt.

Better tank and air sensors.

More low skill cannon dispersion.

Added more screaming.

Tweaked AI accuracy.

Kneel rifle raise/lower toggle fixed.

Fixed RPK ROF.

Possibly fixed healed enemies getting shot.

OA fixes:

Impact dust.

Shell casings.

Screams.

Combat shouts.

Weapon holder error.

Alpha team and group call signs.

HUD compass in aircraft.

Save game crash.

HyperU2: If no one else is around people in vehicles will help wounded people.

Thanks for those bug reports, I'll look into them later.

Stubs: I'll look into it but it would be interesting to see what the field manuals or anyone with experience recommends.

Edited by Solus

thanks a lot for the new version of my favorite mod! :)

Interesting issue with this new version (haven't been using SLX for a while now).

When I try to drag a body, I can't move an inch.

When I command my AI to drag someone, they can do it just fine.

Anyone else notice this?

Enemy AI jumping in all kinds of abandoned vehicles, I had to kill the same Kord three times. :) Excellent addition.

i get killed a lot by US 50 cals when the takiban overruns the US outposts , yeha i Love that feature.

Old Bear, Miller, Foxhound: Thanks for the mirrors!

The.Yield: It could be related to the different animations for rifle/pistol/unarmed. What weapons do you have and which one is selected when you try to drag? If you have a different weapon selected than the animation you are in you won't be able to move, so maybe try selecting a different weapon when starting dragging.

HyperU2 ,Fox '09: Heh, that must be GL4 or in the mission, I was thinking about adding it but had not gotten to it yet. What other addons/missions are you using? Maybe it should be standard for use with SLX. :] SLX AIs will jump out of static weapons if they cant turn to shoot though, like with mg nests.

Blackland: Thanks, I'll look into it. And you mean they aren't using AT launchers they are equipped with?

Edited by Solus

hmm it might of been a mission script, I was using a friend's mission. But would definitely be a good feature to have. Even friendly AI , would be useful for them to hop on an MG and protect themselves.

HyperU2 ,Fox '09: Heh, that must be GL4 or in the mission, I was thinking about adding it but had not gotten to it yet. What other addons/missions are you using? Maybe it should be standard for use with SLX. :]

Just ACE and SLX, I've never seen it before updating SLX. I was playing a Domination on Duala where there are civilian vehicles and the enemy even jumped on board those. I have a ton of vehicle addons and I ended up being attacked by a bulldozer. :)

I later shot the tires out of an armed Hilux and after both crew bailed the gunner jumped back on and kept firing. Not sure what it is, but it's excellent. :)

HyperU2: Heh, in GL3 they do jump in vehicles to travel though. The AIs will repair shot out tires and reboard the vehicle, but it can only be done for one tire. Maybe the MG gunners were part of a group and the default AI would make the group keep the weapon manned. Also people in vehicles/weapons can get knocked out when hit, and for static weapons they will fall off and bandage or take cover then get back on if they aren't critically injured.

Which AI .pbo makes the units be so aware? I am making a mission but in the FOB I have set up the units are all jumpy, checking houses for no reason and leaving posts. The enemy are not exactly close, or at least not close enough for them to go apeshit.

I've tried setting their combat mode to blue and disableAI move but they still go nuts. I really love this but I'd just like to figure out which pbo makes the AI do this.

Blackland: Thanks, I'll look into it. And you mean they aren't using AT launchers they are equipped with?

KI have with them, they do not use.

sorry if this is a retarded question, does it work with OA?

I tryed it and it says CBA is missing even though its in, and saves dont seem to work

I got an error "Include file @SLX/SLX.hpp not found". The mod dosen't work :(

OK, i only have ARMA 2 Operation arrowhead installed, just the standalone expansion, and not original ARMA 2. SLX works for me to an extent, but as i start up the game i get a message saying some PBO like AI_Identify.pbo requires Utes, and since i only have OA installed, i don't have utes. are there any plans on making fixes for people who only use OA?

I got an error "Include file @SLX/SLX.hpp not found". The mod dosen't work :(

..... is SLX.hpp in @SLX/

---------- Post added at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 AM ----------

..... is SLX.hpp in @SLX/

@SLX

-->Addons

-->SLX.hpp

Is that correct ?

Devil Dogs SF: It's GL3, but setting them to safe or blue should stop them from going into buildings at mission start. Have you tried removing the enemies and they still do it even when in safe or blue? If they're only doing it when reacting to the enemies what should they be doing instead?

H.U.N.K: Yes it should work with OA. Make sure you have the latest CBA and that it's being used correctly.

A_Blunt_Rifle: I'll check that, thanks.

panda123: Make sure it's in Arma2\@SLX\SLX.hpp

They did it when I set them to blue. The enemy was behind several hills and two towns away, so I know they couldn't possibly have been reacting to the enemy, but everytime I previewed they went nuts and searched houses and the nearby M113 began patrolling. Maybe they took the civies spawning with ALICE to be enemies?