Sign in to follow this  
Solus

SLX Mod WIP

Solus could you make the zoom feature half of what we have now.I see a few people ask for this as well as myself.If you have the time of course.

Thunderbird: Thanks, I guess I'll get OA from Sprocket and test.

Component Actual: Try using SLX_Mod_Man_Armor, and SLX_AI_Diff_Armor_Balance, and SLX_ModWeapons_c.

Fox '09: Possibly, but I don't really have the time. We'll see. It would be from running then clicking to fire and it would go to the raised animation where you could fire.

Will do. Lol, I had all of these turned off, because I was under the impression that they lowered armor.

Solus, I tried that new 'findcover' pbo. It seems it works just as the 95 version, hard to see stutters, now I have updated all pbos to 96 version, thanks, good job!

And as I said before, most pbos work well in OA, hope you get your OA copy asap, so this excellent mod can swich to OA officially.

Hmmm dismemberment with flir... btw the arms wont fly off from the body in the latest versions :P So shall we report also OA related errors already?

@Solus, thanks for the advice. I tried using SLX_Mod_Man_Armor, and SLX_AI_Diff_Armor_Balance, and SLX_ModWeapons_c without the "wounds" PBO to see what their effect would be independently of "wounds", and it seems they have almost the same if not identical effect of "wounds" in that they cause me to die from a single shot. Even shots fired from long distances. When I use SLX wounds with or without these 3 pbo's I have the same thing, where I die in a single shot. If I remove all 4 of these PBO's and just play with the other SLX stuff everything is fine. But this is less than ideal as so much many of the other SLX improvements depend on "Wounds" and the wounding system itself seems pretty cool, I would really like to give it a try. Any other suggestions anyone?

FYI: I am playing using the ArmA 2 exe updated with patch 1.07 and SLX version 1.9996. Also I play with ACE 2 v1.3 and GL4 (I remove the two GL3 PBO's from SLX). All of this is on the Seal Team Six Campaings by SICK1.

Oh crap, playing ArmA without either SLX or ACE is really boring now. Hope Solus gets his hands on OA (and the modding tools for it ;) soon

It seems I can't load savegames (CTD when try to revert)when

-mod=@CBA;@SLX are on.

Trying to tighten it down now, but kinda running out of options of what to disable anymore in slx.

without these 2 the save/load is ok.

might be cba as well...

ok, tried without slx, only cba, still CTD. It seems for me sg is wrong with the new cba0.5

Edited by spangg
cba maybe?

Okay I need to add "Im stupid" to my signature. I could of have sworn I tried using SLX with Wounds and without Mod Man Armour, AI Diff Armour Balance, and Mod Weapons C, before but evidently not. I tried using this combination again or for 1st time I suppose and now it takes more thans a single shot to kill me yay (where is a dancing banana when you need one?!)

I am using ACE2 v1.3 on Sick1's Seal Team Six 4 Campaign.I tried experimenting with SLX wounds a little bit, since it was first time to use it. But I am a little confused. I am using the SLX Wounds AIS, and the SLX Remoe Heal Action, and the SLX Remove First Aid Action as well. When I shoot my teammate and injure him. I can order the medic to heal him via the the command menu. or if I bring up the action menu I have two options "Heal X" or "Bandage x". Is the bandaging part of ACE? I have never seen that before though and I always play with ACE. If I choose heal from the action menu the medic doesn't do anything. (And why am i seeing a heal option when using the remove heal action PBo?)(also whenever i am not using the remove first aid action pbo I still dont get a first aid action in the action menu) If I choose "bandage x" the medic will heal the person but there icon remains red for some while and then after a couple of minutes changes back to green.

Can someone please me understand what all is going on here?

I like this mod a good deal, but unfortunately my computer cant keep up with it, is a list somewhere that outlines which components of this mod are less taxing from a cpu/gpu standpoint?

Wolfstriked: The zoom of what? The regular zoom is based on a formula for making the things on the computer screen the same size as they appear in real life at the distance they are at. You can remove SLX_FOV and make your own addon with your own zoom if you want.

jackass888: I should be able to spot the obvious errors soon after I get OA.

Nickos: A few more days at least.

Component Actual:

"Heal x" action/command: Default A2 heal. Action disabled in SLX, command still available. Possibly completely disabled when ACE healing module is active.

"First Aid" action: Seen when A2 Alternate Injury System module is active on the person.

"Bandage x" action: Stop SLX bleeding. Medics heal people fully. May be disabled when ACE wounding module is active.

"Give First Aid to x" action: Try to fix up SLX wounded. Medics heal people fully. Disabled when ACE wounding module is active.

Your mod which disables the voices while driving is a great addon. I don't understand how the Arma developers thought that it was a good idea to have commanders yelling "Left, right, fast, halt, left, left, left, right!" all the time :D. Now when the voice acting in OA is actually tolerable it is good to have silence while driving instead of just turning the voices completely off with ACE.

I'm getting some slowdowns when using gibbing. I wonder if there is any chance for a fix? Or even a completely seperate gibbing addon for OA. It adds a great deal to the atmosphere when you manage to gib somebody and not see them flying in midair.

Wolfstriked: The zoom of what? The regular zoom is based on a formula for making the things on the computer screen the same size as they appear in real life at the distance they are at. You can remove SLX_FOV and make your own addon with your own zoom if you want.

jackass888: I should be able to spot the obvious errors soon after I get OA.

Nickos: A few more days at least.

Component Actual:

"Heal x" action/command: Default A2 heal. Action disabled in SLX, command still available. Possibly completely disabled when ACE healing module is active.

"First Aid" action: Seen when A2 Alternate Injury System module is active on the person.

"Bandage x" action: Stop SLX bleeding. Medics heal people fully. May be disabled when ACE wounding module is active.

"Give First Aid to x" action: Try to fix up SLX wounded. Medics heal people fully. Disabled when ACE wounding module is active.

Thanks for the explanations Solus. Do you know if there is any other way to disable the ACE Wounding Module on a mission besides doing it in the editor. The mission is dependent on ACE I am pretty sure, but I bet it would work without the ACE Medic Module. I really don't know how to use editor at all is why I ask. I can add a few things but as far as I know there is no way to delete or remove things once they are in the mission/editor. And editing every mission isn't really ideal. I woud rather play with the SLX wounding stuff alone. So if any one has any ideas let me know thanks!

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

It seems I can't load savegames (CTD when try to revert)when

-mod=@CBA;@SLX are on.

Trying to tighten it down now, but kinda running out of options of what to disable anymore in slx.

without these 2 the save/load is ok.

might be cba as well...

ok, tried without slx, only cba, still CTD. It seems for me sg is wrong with the new cba0.5

Check out my post on the the CBA thread. I had the same exact problem after using the new CBA 0.50. And I still had it once I reverted to the old CBA. For some reason it makes both ARMA2 and Operatoin Arrowhead unable to correctly pick which profile to use when you have a profile of the same name for both A2 and OA for example if your profile name was johndoe then you would have two profile johndoe.ARMA2profile and johndoe.arma2oaprofile. What you need to do is before you load either ARMA2 or OA is go into your my documents folder/ arma2/ folder where the profiles are saved and move the profile for the exe version you wont be using to your desktop, so ARMA cant accidently use it. So if Jonn Doe is going to play using the regular non-OA ARMA2 exe he needs to move the JohnDoe.ARMA2OAprofile to his desktop then load up ARMA 2. Note they came out with CBA 0.5.1 today so maybe this has been fixed. havent checked yet.

Check out my post on the the CBA thread. I had the same exact problem after using the new CBA 0.50. And I still had it once I reverted to the old CBA. For some reason it makes both ARMA2 and Operatoin Arrowhead unable to correctly pick which profile to use when you have a profile of the same name for both A2 and OA for example if your profile name was johndoe then you would have two profile johndoe.ARMA2profile and johndoe.arma2oaprofile. What you need to do is before you load either ARMA2 or OA is go into your my documents folder/ arma2/ folder where the profiles are saved and move the profile for the exe version you wont be using to your desktop, so ARMA cant accidently use it. So if Jonn Doe is going to play using the regular non-OA ARMA2 exe he needs to move the JohnDoe.ARMA2OAprofile to his desktop then load up ARMA 2. Note they came out with CBA 0.5.1 today so maybe this has been fixed. havent checked yet.

Thx, will try, that's what I've learnt in the meantime:

Problem still exists with 0.5.1 and full slx. Tested without slx, only cba 0.5.1 and it worked.

Tried to remove pbo-s from slx and now the saves work ok again.

I believe one or some of these pbos cause it, because these were the last ones I removed and since then save/load has been working:

3403ca99d8.png

These are in use atm:

th.b8bffb55dc.png

Edited by spangg

I used SLX back in ArmA1 days, but that was a long time ago. Remind me again what the main differences are between SLX and ACE2 [two most popular mods]. SLX sounds interesting, though I've already got ACE2. (waiting for both to come to OA)

@Solus, with your latest version, the tank crew is talking like infantrie again inside a tank when in danger mode, like "go, I cover" and so on.

I've been running SLX and ACE 2 simultaneously for awhile now. I haven't had any problems that I know of. Just to be sure, they are 100% compatible, right?

hope it will work for OA

Edited by Konrad1

Just try it, and you will see if its compatible. :)

I dont know if Solus already has OA, but he mentioned that he willl have a look at it.

@Solus: The A10 and the AH64 lost the compass above the radar. Is this intended? So its very hard to figure out which direction I'm flying.

With the new findcover fix, the constant freezing vanished. I only have 1 big freeze after some minutes in the game. I will try to detect, if it is gl3.

I was wounded, surrounded and waiting on a medic yesterday when an enemy AI dismounted a Vodnik and dragged me to cover. lol

I was wounded, surrounded and waiting on a medic yesterday when an enemy AI dismounted a Vodnik and dragged me to cover. lol

Well, people ARE merciful sometimes. After all, Russians are people too (kind of)

Hey Solus, is there anyway you could stop the tanks from finding cover form other tanks when the forces are balanced. When two tanks meet it's almost like their afraid of each other and they both hide and won't fight, and while fleeing they expose their backsides to the enemy.

Thanks, Stubs.

When using this with ACE if your weapon jams you lose all your magazines. This had a very detrimental effect on my life.