Sign in to follow this  
Solus

SLX Mod WIP

Thanks for spotting that! What addons did you use exactly? Did you have SLX_FindCover? What map was it on? Was it in MP?

ACE, and my SLX wounds folder is SLX_cloud, SLX_wounds, SLX_wounds.ais PBO's.

I've had it happen on Helmand, and Baghdad, and one other with water (not sure which) and we ended up in the water instead of off the map. Both SP and MP.

Here's a vid, I caught this bug at the end. (last 45 seconds)

Sjm-bw58y-g

Lower left is where we end up, green dots in the upper are where my other units are.

capturejdn.jpg

Edited by HyperU2

Why not integrate UPSMON feature ( http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=91696 )in GL3, with some little improvement like:

Squad unit can not call in reinforcement unit located too far away if they have not GL3radio;

Maybe add more option for safe distance (300 meters is too close for BMP to approach or to engage ennemy position, same for tank or truck)

The only lack is a really good support feature for AI (Artillery, CAS...).

But great thanks for your mod.

Fox '09: Cool, thanks! Glad to hear it works!

-=Firewall=-: If SLX_wounds is disabled there aren't any other blood or screams that SLX is doing. There are no options to disable the blood/screams only, I don't have time to implement any more features for customization.

Thanks HyperU2! I think the problem is just that you need SLX_FindCover. It's now a required addon in SLX_Wounds. Thanks for helping find that!

Cool=Azroul13: Interesting but I don't have time to look into it. Thanks!

Thanks HyperU2! I think the problem is just that you need SLX_FindCover. It's now a required addon in SLX_Wounds. Thanks for helping find that!

Added, thanks. I'll see how it goes.

Solus,

Any chance to make SLX ArrowHead compatible? - Getting some error messages and CTDs atm with ArmA II OA

Regards,

TB

really? it works fine here. What's the last thing you did before you crashed?

really? it works fine here. What's the last thing you did before you crashed?

Simply playing the campaign's first mission when you have to take an airport.

It occured during a firefight sequence.

+ Got an error message related to the" assigned radios to Leaders"

Regards,

TB

yeahh it works fine by me too ...but i haved testing only in the editor :rolleyes:

If I use the SLX Wounds PBO I almost always die after receiving only a single shot? Also people I shoot tend to die and are rarely injured they just fall over dead with no chance to heal them. Also I have a real hard time understanding how all the different wound and medical systems available from different mods and from vanilla arma2 work or dont work together. Does anyone know how ace wounding is affected by SLX. Also if I want my medic to always be able to heal people fully regardless of how much medical equipment he has, like in vanilla ARMA2 but for the other characters to only be able to heal fully when using ACE medical equipment, and then once out of equipment only be able to do the first aid if this is somehow possible?

Finnally can someone please just kinda tell me how the SLX wounding works so I will know if I want to mess around with getting it working or not I would appreciate it.

Solus, is it possible to bring back ArmA 1 running animations? I miss hip firing my m60 :(

If I use the SLX Wounds PBO I almost always die after receiving only a single shot? Also people I shoot tend to die and are rarely injured they just fall over dead with no chance to heal them. Also I have a real hard time understanding how all the different wound and medical systems available from different mods and from vanilla arma2 work or dont work together. Does anyone know how ace wounding is affected by SLX. Also if I want my medic to always be able to heal people fully regardless of how much medical equipment he has, like in vanilla ARMA2 but for the other characters to only be able to heal fully when using ACE medical equipment, and then once out of equipment only be able to do the first aid if this is somehow possible?

Finnally can someone please just kinda tell me how the SLX wounding works so I will know if I want to mess around with getting it working or not I would appreciate it.

I find the opposite to be true. When using only SLX wounds I get wounded more often and more wounded enemies than I care for lol. Are you using full SLX or just Wounds?

Thunderbird: Thanks, I guess I'll get OA from Sprocket and test.

Component Actual: Try using SLX_Mod_Man_Armor, and SLX_AI_Diff_Armor_Balance, and SLX_ModWeapons_c.

Fox '09: Possibly, but I don't really have the time. We'll see. It would be from running then clicking to fire and it would go to the raised animation where you could fire.

Here's the next, and possibly last version for ArmA 2:

https://download.yousendit.com/YWhPU2VucVhlaFR2Wmc9PQ

Mirrors appreciated!

1.9996:

Fixed multiple T72 destroyed effect.

Fixed missing textures warnings in RPG7 when GL3 is removed.

Made AI more accurate with grenade launchers so they don't shoot randomly so much.

Fixed GL3 backup calling.

Made groups that are on a mission (on move with no cycle waypoint up ahead) not leave their mission. Only groups that are waiting at the end of their waypoints or moving with a cycle waypoint (patrolling) should be called for backup.

Fixed player sometimes being forced to drag/heal.

Fixed captives sometimes being released by enemies.

Fixed launcher suppressed.

Fixed launcher smoke.

Edited by Solus

Thanks for the update.

I discovered two bugs:

1) the ai is fireing with the M203 on tanks...

2) I got short freezes in battles. about 1 sec all 30 to 60 sec.

I will delete gl3 soon to test if it is the trigger again.

Edit: the freezing happens everytime when the enemy recognizes me.

is it possible to fix the healing of an enemy soldier with command menu? If I give the command , the enemy is shot down after he is healed. (I use ALL your modules. If it doesn't work, plz disable the command if possible.

Edit 2: I healed an enemy soldier and he surrendered. I told him to follow in the action menu, but then I got a script error! (toggle follow: invalid expression)

Edited by -=Firewall=-

Solus, in this version, too many stutters, something is wrong, maybe with ai script.

Simply put two groups of soldiers in utes, one east, one west, join them to shot each other, the game frequently stutters, although at very short time, say 0.01 second. This has never happened before. I now use 1.9995 again with the new shoteffects.pbo of v1.9996 which I like much and thanks for updating this part.

Combining 95 with the shoteffects.pbo of 96, I find another small thing, when a tank fires its cannon, there is no dust raised around the tank.

Of course, that is what I have seen so far, not sure about other people.

Anyway, thanks for your hard work :-)

I will also report that SLX_ModWeapons_C is breaking my OA savegames.

Error ending .RPT as follows:

Error 'No entry' at 'C:\Users\Cameron McDonald\Documents\ArmA 2\Saved\ca\missions_e\campaign\save.ArmA2OASave/OutVehicles/Item61/magazineSlotsOpticsModes.C:\Users\Cameron McDonald\Documents\ArmA 2\Saved\ca\missions_e\campaign\save.ArmA2OASave/OutVehicles/Item61/magazineSlotsOpticsModes/.Item8'.
ErrorMessage: Cannot load 'C:\Users\Cameron McDonald\Documents\ArmA 2\Saved\ca\missions_e\campaign\save.ArmA2OASave'.

Firewall, xy20032004: Please try removing the GL3 addons and see if that fixes the stutter, it will help narrow it down.

CameronMcDonald: Thanks, it'll probably be a few days until I even have OA to test.

I did not use gl3, but gl4. I used about 30 pbos from your slx mod. In version 1.9995, all those chosen pbos work fine with gl4, no stutter. So maybe it is not the problem of gl3 in your mod.

I will try to use slx mod 1.9995 with oa to see if some effects work. I'll report back :-)

xy20032004: Hmm, are you using the AI addons? Like SLX_AI? Maybe it could be SLX_FindCover that's lagging, try removing that. Also try without SLX_Suppression_Effects. It's difficult for me to detect these freezes. Thanks!

Thanks for pointing that out, McDonald. I thought that it'd have to be a problem with OA in general since I never play ArmA II without SLX, especially GL3. Great work Solus.

Tried 1.9996 again, it seems that it is ' slx_findcover.pbo' which caused the stutter. I replaced that file with pbo form 1.9995, seldom to see stutters, 95% possibility.

Tried 1.9995 with OA, all slx_ai***.pbo and slx_anim***.pbo files work with oa well, I can see the effects in game and did not see any pop up error.

slx_wounds****.pbo has problem with oa, the game says that some config thing is missing.

Not tried gl3, I use gl4, now full mod of CAA1, GL4, most SLX work with OA.

Waiting for new tools to unpack OA files, so more modifications can be made.