Sign in to follow this  
Solus

SLX Mod WIP

you should encourage them :D

:cool: I wasn't able to find my war speeches book fast enough ;)

send a repro mission, I want to see if i can reproduce this

Could I upload the mission in the froum?

Otherwise, you could build this mission yourself very quickly. Near Tulga there is a road from Kamyshivo(?) to the north. Place a tank in the woods on that road where it is a straight line to the north.

Add a M1 and some inf in the group, and give them some wapoints up the road to the north.(slow moving)

The mission is not avaiable right now to me, I could get it at the weekend at the earliest.

seems simple, I'll try it myself.

Did you set their waypoint status to combat or something? or no change

The waypoint behavoir was: "Engage", "slow" and "stay alert". The unit skill was set to 1.

I set some waypoints on the road, because we all know that the tanks are "not so good" in staying on the road.

By the way, in MP warefare, I ordered my driver (Hummer) to move to a far destination. There was a good road to the destination, but the driver moved away from the road after a while, directly into a lake!.... Hummer got stuck and i had to buy a new one.... There are few lakes on the map, but he had to drive into 1 of them. :rolleyes:

By the way, in MP warefare, I ordered my driver (Hummer) to move to a far destination. There was a good road to the destination, but the driver moved away from the road after a while, directly into a lake!.... Hummer got stuck and i had to buy a new one.... There are few lakes on the map, but he had to drive into 1 of them. :rolleyes:

OFFTOPIC

------------

..u know sometimes $ht happens.

Remember in ArmA1 the "Berzerk Airfield"?

Well..i took a heli (as OPFOR) and i crashed (by accident) it in the ONLY "tall object on map..the Factory's smokestack..and i m not A.I (..or m i??)

:icon_dj:

The tank could have been taking cover, the first thing the AIs should try to do when they see the enemy. They take cover so that in case the enemy sees them and starts shooting at them they won't get hit, or if the enemy hasn't seen them then they will be in a better position near cover to start the attack or ambush.

Here's the next version:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7045 Thanks to Armaholic!

http://arma2base.de/include.php?path=download&contentid=684 Thanks to arma2base.de!

https://download.yousendit.com/dXFXQ3R6TStRWUpjR0E9PQ

Mirrors appreciated!

Changes:

1.9995:

Fixed XM8 carbine error.

Fixed AI dodgeing sideways off of buildings.

Made low skill AIs less wildly inaccurate with vehicle MGs.

Fixed no auto engage.

Fixed unbinarized models causing crashes in beta.

Smoother launcher prone on/off.

Fixed AIs with only launchers getting stuck in animations.

Fixed wipe off blood action.

Added tank track mobility kill so tank crews don't bail out immediately.

Made AIs run away from damaged tanks after bailing out.

Made AI better with launchers.

Fixed player's AIs helping wounded enemies, should only happen in safe mode.

Tweaked RPG/M136/T72 values. (CAVS+some research)

Made people possibly stop targeting wounded people more often.

Made AIs not get suppressed/interrupted while dragging.

Fixed AIs getting stuck in swimming.

Edited by Solus

thx for update will check this version...

Man very cool mod. But how do I get rid of the radio rucksack? Thank you:)

Hello!

Sorry for my English.

I have a Problem can someone have a look on this Pictures, looks like electrically charged.

Regards Mike

Edited by Mike-USA

Thanks @Solus, downloading now.

@Mike, those are drops of blood, and those pictures are too big for this forum.

Thanks @Solus, downloading now.

@Mike, those are drops of blood, and those pictures are too big for this forum.

Thanks for the Answer and sorry for the height of this Pictures i delete this.

Mike

Does anyone know how to get the crosshair back when using the SLX mod?

Thanks

@Sanelli:

delete slx_modweapons_nocrosshairs.pbo and slx_modweapons_nocrosshairs.pbo.SLX_MOD_A2.bisign from your @SLX/addons directory

@Solus: hey Solus, I've been using SLX since those old days of OFP and it's certainly a must have mod. Keep up your good work!

Solus, thanks for your hard work to give us better game feeling.

Someone told me that your mod has somewhat a 'screen shake' function when fire a rifle. I tried it, but can not find this effect which I like very much as it will bring more reality. A few days ago, I started a topic here - http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=100204 talking about different kinds of 'screen shake' caused by vairous fire conditions. I don't know how you think about this idea. If it is possible, can you add theose effects in your mod?

----------------------------------------------------------------

And another thing here, http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=100028 , it is a topic about view settings in vbs2 and aa2. You are a script pro in aa2, is it possible to realize the vbs2 view setting in aa2 unofficially and put it in your mod? Thanks in advance!

Edited by xy20032004

check out proper projects, they have a object view distance mods

I have already used the 'proper mods'. For view distance, only building mod is effective, the rest are not. After 3000m, important objects are missing. BI did this on purpose, in VBS2 or vbs2 lite they unlocked the block. You can even set objects to be seen at 10000m!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks everyone!

bigstone: Remove SLX_GL3_GiveRadios.pbo.

Miller: Thanks!

Psychopathus: Thanks!

BangTail: Great, thanks!

xy20032004: The shooting shake is in SLX_ShotEffects.pbo, try firing an AK-47 or M2 tripod. Car suspensions will also shake a little when firing. Scopes shake less. I don't think I've seen anything that would make things show up further away.

Solus, I was wondering if you could somehow remove prone entirely. I am sick of ai using prone.. not because it's "unfair" or something, but because they use it at the absolute worst times..

SLX is now, in my judgement, just perfect. I don't see how you can further improve it.

Regards,

TB

SLX is now, in my judgement, just perfect. I don't see how you can further improve it.

Regards,

TB

Agreed. Not to say you shouldn't try. ;)

Big thanks, Solus, I love the 'screen shake' effect! This brings reality to a higher level, great one!

After some test, I think the 'screen shake' for infantry is perfect, but the shake for tanks may still have room for adjustment. I mean that can you seperate the shake for tank's main gun and its machinegun, solus? The main gun recoil should be stronger than present value. Tank machinegun recoil is perfect. I tried to increase the _tmp.xxx value, but it increases both.

And can you tell us how to make other tank mod to use your shake effects? I tried a t-72 mod, but it has no such effect. Thanks.