Sign in to follow this  
Solus

SLX Mod WIP

Good to hear that your great mod is still under development.

Does the tank commander still use his MG every time?

Because of this the gunner wont fire his gun anymore. I made a little tank battle, Tusk against T90 at vyshone. The T90 fired his main gun once, but then the commander turned out shooting at my tank with the MG all the time not using the main gun anymore. The commander should only turn out if its safe/necessary! The problem is, that the AI in vanilla ARMA2 uses the MG all the time....

Thanks Solus: i especially love your wounding system, its no fuss and AI get the job done :)

Thanks for the update, but now my rpg rockets do not explode any more. Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks everyone! Here's a quick update:

http://www.filefront.com/16112469/SLX_Mod_ArmA2_1.981.rar

Changes:

Changed damage system to fix indirect hits while keeping variable damage direct hits.

Removed heal person medic action.

Fixed RPG arming.

Better quick reactions to sniper fire.

Some other minor fixes and tweaks.

Edited by Solus

Thanks Solus! I don't have much time right now - someone broke my car now I gotta take care of repairs etc. :-/

I'll try to give some proper feedback as soon as I can! Thank you very, very much for your efforts!

Good distraction - my poor car... *sigh*

Having a test game right now - looks pretty cool so far. Impacts are still a problem: a BMP2 just killed all of us without even hitting once - large calibre gun blasted us away with indirect damage. Radius is a little large gameplay-wise. Regardless of realism it's just an unfair advantage for the AI, as they have this "magical tracking" ability, you see. By the way: We would be honoured if you could join in for a coop sometime, Solus :-)

Edit: Finished our game. Amazing experience - love the new animations! Is it possible that the "heal enemy soldier and take him captive" might not properly work on dedicated servers? After healing an enemy he was just lying idle on the floor keeping his head down. Well, nothing grave :-) We will run another test game tomorrow, hopefully. Thank you!

Edited by The.D

Just wanted to say a heartfelt thanks for all your work, Solus. My sons and I have gotten countless hours of enjoyment out of your SLX mod ever since OFP. You rock!!!! Your work is much appreciated.

Thanks again everyone!

-=Firewall=-: I looked into it and they do use the MG too much but also seem to still use the cannon when turned out and seem about as effective. I tried reducing the probability of using the commander MGs and raising the cost of the bullets so they will be more careful with them.

The.D: Thanks for spotting that, wounded enemy handling on dedicated servers/non local machine people is fixed in the next version. I changed the range of all the large caliber bullets back to default which looks close enough.

very nice solus! :)

But can you finally update the dismemberment system? even just updating the gib models?

and instead of just spawining the models all together ina random spot, can't you position the gibs in a human body shape, before they drop to the ground?

and instead of just spawining the models all together ina random spot, can't you position the gibs in a human body shape, before they drop to the ground?

:D

Yes, please make a soldier-gib man so that we can blow him apart chunk by chunk.

Looks great solus, looking forward to taking these new versions for a spin.

The version before this ran War 3 Front flawless almost. Now the game crashes every 10 - 15 min. I guess it is not one of the lucky games that work with this mod. Love it though.

Very hard to make out what it is, but I have to report severe stability issues as well. ArmA2 basically never crashed and with the full SLX mod loaded (or even parts of it) ArmA2 freezes from time to time. This can mostly be observed in complex missions, like Civil War or Superpowers but sometimes it happens even in simple non-script scenarios. Sorry for not being able to specify anything - the .rpt didn't show anything useful. All I can say is, this doesn't happen without SLX :-/

I love this mod, but on my Core 2 E6400 with 4GB, NVIDIA 9800GTX and Vista 32-bit, performance absolutely dies in a firefight.

I can use GL4 fine and will probably need to stick with that . . .

Any recommendations?

Greetings. Whether I do not know such question was asked here a hedgehog, at me shots on РПГ7 do not blow up. Damages, visualisation of anything, only strange click and effect of hit of a bullet there where gets a shot.

p.s Sorry it is the automatic translator

Very hard to make out what it is, but I have to report severe stability issues as well. ArmA2 basically never crashed and with the full SLX mod loaded (or even parts of it) ArmA2 freezes from time to time. This can mostly be observed in complex missions, like Civil War or Superpowers but sometimes it happens even in simple non-script scenarios. Sorry for not being able to specify anything - the .rpt didn't show anything useful. All I can say is, this doesn't happen without SLX :-/

It happens to me only when is combined with ACE2.:(

yeah i like the mod, i think it adds a lot of immersion but is there anyway you could make it less of a performance hit because it really brings my framerate down. but i dont know anything about modding so if its not possible dont worry. But i really like the way they use houses as cover and go up on roofs. also it seems like the scripting makes the find paths better when your going through built up areas.

Soo, SLX is compatible with ACE II and all of the ACE features...??

Tried and seem to work with my line here:

-mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_PLA;@SAM_B1;@JTD;@TF86_SEALs_v1.0;@SLX

Sofar that is..

BUUUUUT, weres my cross??

And HOOOWW do i get it back??

Edited by Andersson[SWEC]

;1609714']Soo' date=' SLX is compatible with ACE II and all of the ACE features...??

Tried and seem to work with my line here:

-mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_PLA;@SAM_B1;@JTD;@TF86_SEALs_v1.0;@SLX

Sofar that is..

BUUUUUT, weres my cross??

And HOOOWW do i get it back??[/quote']

remove this from slx mod

slx_modweapons_nocrosshairs.pbo

I had also stability problems, but managed to get it to work quite stable now with this configuration:

(Note all other mods, that are in my signature are also running simultanously)

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/218371/SLX-Redux-doc.html

Good one! Thanks, man - this is severely trimmed down but retains some of the very core features! I will try it out tonight, thanks (again ^^) Kroky!