Sign in to follow this  
Solus

SLX Mod WIP

Bug

RPG7 doesn't show. I uninstalled all mods i was using and was only running CBA and SLX.

Its works perfectly fine. just cant see the RPG7

*edit* Still love SLX. smaller to download than ACE and makes the games so much better

Edited by Cozza

Man, compatibility with ACE? Are you serious? But aren't there many values that are changed by both mods? Another question: Apparently gl3 is implemented. To avoid conflicts with GL4, will it help to just remove the gl3 pbo file from the directory?

Thanks for this Mod!

Man, compatibility with ACE? Are you serious? But aren't there many values that are changed by both mods? Another question: Apparently gl3 is implemented. To avoid conflicts with GL4, will it help to just remove the gl3 pbo file from the directory?

Thanks for this Mod!

Read the ReadMe. It tells which .pbos do what and what each are dependent on. You can remove everything you don't want as long as it's not needed for another .pbo you decide to keep.

Some bugs, friendly AI see through walls and houses, I saw them shooting at the wall with the rifle and even with RPG. RPG rockets are not visible when are loaded.

But, great mod so far, thanks.

Re: AI shooting through walls.

I have seen something similar with vanilla AI. At least in some instances, I believe what they are doing is tracking the last known position and direction of a target and trying to shoot through the walls. I used a script to go into the "internal" camera of the AI, and it showed a suspected target inside a hangar, after I had run into the hangar. It wasn't on my exact position, but he was shooting where he thought I might be.

AI RPG use is hit-and-miss. (Pardon the pun.) :)

Hi, working great so far except when I get shot and my medic tries to heal me we suddenly jump into the middle of the ocean. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks in advance

Re: AI shooting through walls.

AI RPG use is hit-and-miss. (Pardon the pun.) :)

I don't know, weird thing, it was at 1 meter from the building and fired twice in that wall with rpg 18.

Edited by gulag

Hi, working great so far except when I get shot and my medic tries to heal me we suddenly jump into the middle of the ocean. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks in advance

I've seen this a lot, mostly on AI squadmates, but I haven't tried the new version yet. I suspect that the units are jumping to co-ords [0,0,0].

I've seen this a lot, mostly on AI squadmates, but I haven't tried the new version yet. I suspect that the units are jumping to co-ords [0,0,0].

Exactly. Since I've been playing the newest version this happens everytime I order a medic to heal a squadmate.

hey solus, why arent you working togethe with the ACE team?

Would love to see some featuers of your mod in ACE, so i can actually use it online on big servers.

Nah, i like its simplicity

Today i tryed playin SLX and ACE together. i created a small mission for me and a friend, just to test it out.

Few bugs came over:

1st: i shoot down a Venom chopper with a strela, and it manges to land, just a bit burning. -> Extreme FPS drop if i look at it.

2nd.

I get shot down, and a mate heals me up (ACE medical modul activated), he can just heal me, i get conisous, but i cannot move at all.

3rd. sometimes AI is just shooting in the air

4th. my mate got shot unconsious and i try to examine him with ACEmenu,

but it takes a few seconds (up to 10) for me that the acemenu actually appears fully (not just the boxes, but also the text) and is clickable.

5th. Shooting a Stinger (maybe other launchers also?) in an angle higher like maybe 30° injures or kills u.

Else we had a lot of fun, just clearing a small town with like 40 enemies, and like 20 friendlies.

I have the feeling that AI is acting SOO much better then in vanilla arma, or arma just with ACE.

they ambushing, taking cover, leaning around, RPGing, nading, very nice.

Very intense fight thx SLX - solus.

ACE+SLX if a bit less buggy, is best gaming experience. Very big thanks for that :)

Anyway, any idea about the few bugs i mentioned?

Today i tryed playin SLX and ACE together. i created a small mission for me and a friend, just to test it out.

Few bugs came over:

1st: i shoot down a Venom chopper with a strela, and it manges to land, just a bit burning. -> Extreme FPS drop if i look at it.

2nd.

I get shot down, and a mate heals me up (ACE medical modul activated), he can just heal me, i get conisous, but i cannot move at all.

3rd. sometimes AI is just shooting in the air

4th. my mate got shot unconsious and i try to examine him with ACEmenu,

but it takes a few seconds (up to 10) for me that the acemenu actually appears fully (not just the boxes, but also the text) and is clickable.

5th. Shooting a Stinger (maybe other launchers also?) in an angle higher like maybe 30° injures or kills u.

Else we had a lot of fun, just clearing a small town with like 40 enemies, and like 20 friendlies.

I have the feeling that AI is acting SOO much better then in vanilla arma, or arma just with ACE.

they ambushing, taking cover, leaning around, RPGing, nading, very nice.

Very intense fight thx SLX - solus.

ACE+SLX if a bit less buggy, is best gaming experience. Very big thanks for that :)

Anyway, any idea about the few bugs i mentioned?

Did you try disabling any of the .pbos? I haven't fully tried this yet but I removed a bunch of the SLX .pbos, especially some of the stuff that ACE2 already does.

Just curious to find out what different setups people are using with ACE2 + SLX.

Thanks for spotting those bugs!

I'm pretty sure AIs shooting at walls is a default A2 problem, it probably just happens more often in SLX because of more suppressive fire commands. Not much I can do about it.

The teleporting bug is strange, I don't know what could be causing it but I've tried a few tweaks that might help. I've only been able to reproduce it twice, once I teleported to [0,0,0] but the other time it was to something weird like [-200,7400,0]

The RPGs are fixed now, it was a binarization problem.

KrAziKilla: I couldn't reproduce any lag from shooting down helicopters. Maybe only in MP? Was it on fire or just leaking fuel (white clouds)?

I'll look into the other stuff. I made the backblast almost not able to hurt the shooter at all now.

i havent deleted any SLX Pbo's as i saw in the releasenotes:

SLX is always tested with ACE.

- I think the downed venom was just smoking, fuelleak. crew manged to get out not burning at least.

My friend told me he also had it in SP. and together we saw it in MP.

i built the mission like that: UTES airport, right over the runway a Bluefor VENOM chopper - flying, with no ammo and standing still lookin to west.

Me as an OPFOR AA soldier like 300m east of it.

Start the mission, take the AA out, shoot it down, kill the crew and go closer.

- I agree with Launchers injuring the shooter when fired in an angel higher then maybe 75°, from like 85° it can get deadly maybe. (not sure how its in RL?)

but atm its too much

Edited by KrAziKilla

Thanks Solus for the reply, I will try again later.

KrAziKilla: Hmm, so it's the fuel leak on the ground that is lagging for you? It used to lag for me but I fixed it for me. There should only be 5 polygons at a time (one every .2 sec for 5 per sec, lasts 1 sec) with a simple texture, I don't know how that could be causing a slowdown. I'll try making the quads into triangles so there shouldn't be any problem rendering them. Try turning your graphics down and see if it still slows down when looking at the fuel leaking on the ground. You can test the effect by shooting up most vehicles enough to damage them.

Hmm, looks like the air leak effect was setting the drop interval higher to make like 100 per second, now the ground leak should reset the interval for 5 per second. Thanks for helping me find the bug!

Hi!

Great job Solus. Last time I tried it was with OFP and I liked it back then as well, although I think the shovels were a bit over the top... ;)

I've tried it out for some time and noticed a few strange bugs, I don't think they've been reported before:

1 - The RPG7 ironsight turns the RPG into a big blob of erroneous textures, it looks a little bit like an unfolded parachute.

2 - I'm getting a missing sound message (very rare) I think it has something to do with the "suppressive fire" command. Message: "Sound AB_4_order_action_suppress_06 not found"

3 - I noticed that it's unwise to use the knife while prone... I got stuck in a loop of knife attacks for a while before finally getting out of it.

I'm pretty sure the RPG7 bug is just for me, otherwise everyone would be mentioning it, it's quite obvious... But does anyone have any idea what could be causing such a thing?

I think that's it for now. Thanks again for an addon well done!

Here's the next version:

http://www.filefront.com/15736947/SLX_Mod_ArmA2_1.96.rar

1.96 Changes:

-Fixed SLX wounds compatability with ACE wounding. SLX first aid removed when ACE wounding system is enabled.

-Fixed RPG pbo.

-Fixed up captives, captives work better and now large groups of captives can be managed with group stop/stay commands and they can be left with friendlies nearby to watch them.

-Made backblast damage much less.

-Possibly fixed dragging teleport bug.

-Added slow turning to prone and faster turning to rolling and prone movement.

-Fixed suppression effects for player only group and to work even under lag.

-Fixed some fire bugs (fire pos on people, vert velocity, MP people rolling animations, damage ammo in MP).

-Removed rank from effect on group strength.

-Fixed some vehicle damage effects for MP and fixed possible slowdown from fuel leak.

-Added AI skill addon back in for ACE.

-Fixed people in car wounding/crash effects.

-Fixed dropped weapon jittering on slopes and made them easier to select.

-Possibly fixed stuck people after ACE wounding.

-Fixed some hit animations canceling other ones after.

-Fixed knife repeating animation, only plays once per attack and can keep attacking properly.