Sign in to follow this  
Solus

SLX Mod WIP

What is the difference between SLX_Wounds and SLX_Wounds_AIS?

@Inkompetent

It is really funny that I have tested the same way you did. I put some soldiers on the airfield in Utes and threw some grenades on them. Result= Very low FPS.

amazing. Can't believe how fast you work with updates. Can't wait to try this new version. I can't thank you enough for the work you do.

@Solus

Inkompetent was right. I made some test with deleting the new SLX_Wounds and SLX_Wounds_AIS and replacing it with the old SLX_Wounds from 1.5. There are no slowdowns in FPS. But the Right Hand Curve bug returns....

Solus, please have a look at SLX_Wounds from 1.6, what can cause this slowdowns, when soldiers get hurt. This only seems to appear when soldiers are hurt, NOT DEAD.

Wow Solus, once more a great update! Do you have a bugtracker like the last time? That made it great to check specific new changes and report back to you!

I've just checked the XM8 and I like the concept, but the blurred ring is just a bit to much, I hope the soldiers aren't that drunk during combat ;)

I'm on my notebook, so can't check too much battle and such but I will report back!

How's the progress on funding for your new notebook going? I hope more people have sponsored you allready, and more will aswell :)

Always liked SLX, FPS drop is a concern though, but watching progress closely, thanks.

Yea Ive backed away from this mod due to fps issues as well. I hope someday it will be addressed because it looks like a great mod. usually my drop is right in the beginning of the mission when it appears its trying to initialize stuff.

How close do I need to be to the enemy after healing them for them to surrender? I couldn't fully heal the russian dude that I shot in the leg so my medic healed him. As soon as he was good to go, he fired at me. I wasn't standing right next to him but I was maybe 3 or 4 feet away from him max. Does it matter if one of my squad members heal them or do I have to do it? Great mod by the way.

Thank you again, I love this mod. Is that corrrect that I need 5 bullet aiming to the chest with an M4 from ~150m to kill somebody? I know kevlar and such but 5? Can somebody lighten me up pls?

Could somebody please upload a clip to YouTube showcasing some of the features? Specifically the melee weapons? Pretty please :)

I wont be able to check this out ingame until next week and am really anxious to drool over my keyboard :D

So cool to see eAI side step into cover, dragging their wounded comrades and just to witness the up-scaled war action. This really makes your blood pump. :)

However i noticed some weirdness in the latest build:

1. When i squeeze the trigger of my rifle i dont get a shot away all the time. Shooting a 30 round mag in one go (single shots) makes me have to click maybe 40 times instead of 30 if that makes sense. Like my MB doesnt work all the time (without SLX it works all the time - just to be clear).

2. I seem to get some freezes (beta v60309) when i play. Not all the time, but they come and go. Its like a second of total freeze and then it moves on fine again. I tested this with ACM & SOM, but no other scripts (Air Support scripts was not used yet).

3. AI in my squad that i control will not obey STOP order completelly. If i tell the AI to STOP and then i move away i find them coming to me all of a sudden. Maybe feature when the shit hits the fan? Bit annoying though that they wont listen.

4. Using these Air Support scripts will mess those scripts up a bit. The time it should take for the jets to come is lowered (comes almost instant), and the bombs drop a bit off. Ofcourse i dont know how scripting works and this might be inevitable, and they have to be updated.

Apart from these things SLX friggin rocks! Like i said, combat really reaches another level with SLX. Also very nice touch to the sound. Explosions and "Bravo, GET BACK!". :) Good work as always!

Alex

So cool to see eAI side step into cover, dragging their wounded comrades and just to witness the up-scaled war action. This really makes your blood pump. :)

However i noticed some weirdness in the latest build:

1. When i squeeze the trigger of my rifle i dont get a shot away all the time. Shooting a 30 round mag in one go (single shots) makes me have to click maybe 40 times instead of 30 if that makes sense. Like my MB doesnt work all the time (without SLX it works all the time - just to be clear).

2. I seem to get some freezes (beta v60309) when i play. Not all the time, but they come and go. Its like a second of total freeze and then it moves on fine again. I tested this with ACM & SOM, but no other scripts (Air Support scripts was not used yet).

3. AI in my squad that i control will not obey STOP order completelly. If i tell the AI to STOP and then i move away i find them coming to me all of a sudden. Maybe feature when the shit hits the fan? Bit annoying though that they wont listen.

4. Using these Air Support scripts will mess those scripts up a bit. The time it should take for the jets to come is lowered (comes almost instant), and the bombs drop a bit off. Ofcourse i dont know how scripting works and this might be inevitable, and they have to be updated.

Apart from these things SLX friggin rocks! Like i said, combat really reaches another level with SLX. Also very nice touch to the sound. Explosions and "Bravo, GET BACK!". :) Good work as always!

Alex

Same here, I noticed severe frame rate drops and frequent hangs unfortuneately, especially when using grenades or bombs around enemy units (though I doubt this is liked to dismemberment). That aside, SLX is a brilliant mod :) Nice work Solus.

Edit: I also get massive fps drops when flying low at high speed, which didn't happen before.

Edited by LJF

Thanks for spotting what was causing that lag Kroky and Inkompetent! I fixed it and it seems to be running fine now.

Download:

http://www.filefront.com/14991081/SLX_Mod_ArmA2_1.65.rar

Changes:

-Fixed lag when people get hurt. Changed "force move to cover" to function and spawned it differently.

-Changed grenades to only critically wound people. A2 explosion "splash damage"/fragmentation damage only seems to do a very very small (0.1 difference) range of damage from min damage range to max damage range with too sharp a falloff outside the indirect hit range.

-Lowered bounce chance on grenades.

-Changed preprocess types in SLX_findcover for possible performance increase.

-Made AIs not bandage if the enemy is too close, even if they are hidden.

-Fixed some 'falling on back' effects. Faster, smoother get up. Wounded people won't flip over.

-Made alpha-teams english only.

thearies: Can you provide an example of where this could be tested?

Sneaker-78-: Sorry no keys yet.

domiS: The fire is in SLX_VehicleEffects. A future version will have it disabled by JTD fire.

Kroky: 3d optics: pick up an XM8 and look through the optics. SLX_Wounds_AIS replaces the BIS handleDamage event handler when the BIS Alternative Injury System is active. It changes the parts that keep people from being killed when their body parts are damaged.

paragraphic l: Thank you for the support! ;] I think the old bug tracker is still active but I don't know how useful it will continue to be since a lot of the bugs seem to be gone. How do you think the optics blur could be made better? It's supposed to make the zoomed area around the optics indistinct.

nuggetz: Enemies should surrender if the person helping them is seen as an enemy or if they see the wounded person as an enemy.

Alex72: Thanks for the reports! I'll look into the AI's breaking the stop order and I'll look into those scripts. I haven't seen the shots not working, any more info on how to reproduce the bug?

DMarkwick: Thanks, fixed in the next version!

Edited by Solus

Hi Solus, great results, as usual :)

I am getting the occasional "cannot find [path]\SLX_MoveToCover.sqs" message.

This is just great!

The way AI are taking cover in CQB is unmatched to any I've seen yet in Arma2. I always test new AI modifications on the ported Clean Sweep mission and this is the first time that I feel like I'm playing against actual people.

Big thanks Solus!

Edit- I've seen a strange warping bug a few times now. It happens when an AI is backtracking a few paces then he warps back to his starting position.

-Also had "cannot find [path]\SLX_MoveToCover.sqs" message.

Edited by froggyluv

Here's the fix:

http://www.filefront.com/14993067/SLX_Mod_ArmA2_1.66.rar

Changes:

-Made sure stopped AIs don't return to formation after diverting somewhere.

-Fixed air support script bomb accuracy.

froggyluv: Not sure what the warping is caused by. If anyone notices any consistency in when the warps happen please post about it so it can be reliably replicated and fixed.

Solus: I haven't seen the shots not working, any more info on how to reproduce the bug?

I will test today and report back. Maybe it was RH's M-family weapons come to think of it. Like the M16/M4. Repro should be as easy as to pick a weapon up and start blasting. Sometimes when you press the MB it just doesnt fire.

But as i said i think it might have been RH M16/4 weapons i used. Forgot to mention that when i reported... Sorry. Will test right now and narrow it down.

And about the airsupport scripts. Very much thanks for looking into it. They dont mean the world ot me ofcourse, but i thaught it could be of value to you to try and see why other outside scripts gets affected by your mod. :)

Thanks.

Alex

Edited by Alex72

@Solus

Just had a small test session with SLX 1.66 and it works fluently. Did not notice a big FPS hit. Good work.

Questions:

- Does the First Aid action in the action menu still appear when there is already a give first aid action from SLX?

- How is it possible to turn off surrender globally or at least for own group?

Sometimes this feature causes problems to finish a mission when you are leading a small group of (let say) specops and the number of enemies is overwhelming. This way it is almost impossible to finish the mission.

- Can the option to scavange secondary weapons by the AI be turned off? I am using VFAI and this tool allows to turn the rearming of AIs on or off. When I turn it off, (to get the soldiers stay in formation) will SLX still give the command to them to look for secondary weapons?

Had this error after a minute of play (bug):

"Script SLX_Wounds\s\SLX_MoveToCover.sqs not found"

I was watching BLUFOR vs OPFOR battling it out. Units, tanks and all. No other scripts etc. Only WP's.

EDIT (bug):

Also observed a "blood splash" texture/model in mid air. Think a unit took some aircraft MG fire and was thrown back quite a bit. Above head height were a blood splash hanging in the air.

EDIT2 (bug):

Followed some flocks of birds. First time i saw a crow flock on the ground i fired a shot at them - they flew away. Then i saw them land together with a seagull flock - shot at them and they flew away. But then they flocked up with one or two other flocks and sat down, and i ran into the flock and shooting like a maniac, but they only lifted to my head height kinda and stayed there. Werent scared enough to fly off, but scared enough to not sit down with me ranting like a maniac. :D So it seems when they flock up too much - they wont get scared anymore. Other small flocks still scared.

PS. No more freezes in the new build. And superb FPS! Also no weapon trigger malfuction so far! :) Good Outstanding work man.

Alex

Edited by Alex72

Also observed a "blood splash" texture/model in mid air. Think a unit took some aircraft MG fire and was thrown back quite a bit. Above head height were a blood splash hanging in the air.

I've seen this only once, and that was several months ago. However, I do often see the splashes lodged in bushes and on walls, but I actually really like this feature. Even though it's a 3D model I like the almost decal-like effect of splashing blood onto objects other than the ground. It doesn't happen often enough to be gratuitous, but I do like it :)

Hi Solus and everyone. I think the ai warping is caused by SLX_ShotEffects.pbo. After I removed it the warping stopped manifesting.

Maybe it has something to do with the ai dodge feature?

Thanks for this great mod :)

Just tried 1.66 when a soldier is wounded and another a.i soldier goes to drag him the soldier will just stand completely still with the wounded soldier...

just after i get this error

Maybe its just me and I need to clean my mod folder, but anybody else kind of feel invincble with this mod on the battlefield? I was taking several shots last night and it was real easy for me not to get killed....just curious

It depends on where you get it. If hit in your limbs there is a greater chance that the hit will just be minor, a scratch or light flesh wound if you will, while if hit in the torso or head the chances for disastrous damage is much more likely.

Really....i don't know, it just felt like i was getting hit A TON, and then i finally went down.

I have the same feeling shooting enemies with the M4 (standard weapon in superpowers.)

They need at least 5 in the torso to die.

I can confirm this error as well:

thanks and KIU!