Sign in to follow this  
Solus

SLX Mod WIP

Glad you made the crosshairs seperate Solus.

@Kremator - Remove/rename SLX_ModWeapons_NoCrosshairs.pbo and crosshairs are back.

My biggest frustration is when I shoot down a plane or blow up a soft armored target, there are no flames or smoke or anything. This isn't a game breaker but it does take some of the immersion away.

Hmmm. I was just admiring the flame/explosion/smoke effects after I blasted an Su-25 out of the sky. They didn't look like stock A2 effects so I just figured SLX was the cause. Does SLX not add any of these effects? If it does, you may have a conflict between SLX and something else. Are you using XEH from the CBA Mod?

DTM2801,

Thanks for pointing this out for my dumb ass. I was just wondering where they hell the crosshairs went. :)

@SemperFi01 - I'm sure Solus will get around to it eventually.

I'm not flaming him or anything I just wanted to point it out because I didn't know if anyone had this problem or not. I know how stressful it is to create a mod, but one this big takes a lot more time and effort. I thank you very much Solus.

And yes, I am using XEH and CBA... I'm going to clean out my mod folders today and see if there are any conflicts. I'm sure I got some file in there that disables the effects...

edit: Okay, I have it working now. I think it was either the RKSL addon (maybe) or the AT Gui (doubtful). Those are the only two that, after deleting, allowed vehicles to blow up and catch fire.

@Manzilla: I believe those are vanilla Arma 2 effects with some of Solus' magic that makes them seem bigger and more intense. :D

Edited by SemperFi01
I forgot to add something.

XEH _AND_ CBA..... surely you only need CBA ?

You probably do have overlapping addons that are incompatible.

Heya guys,

I've been testing this addon with badlands start assault on Novi sobor.

Something I'm trying to understand is the hitpoints enemy players have.

Situation:

600 metres away in treeline at start, sniping with DMR (effective range of 800 yeah?)

anyways, why if I put 7 rounds into a dude doesn't he go down? Many times they would be headshots in that the blood would spurt around the head area.

Is the hitpoints system scaling them back due to range? Even with high caliber weapons like sniper rifles?

Or is this intentional they every ai has a billion hitpoints?

i can't believe i'm the only one who noticed this, but this should be in "complete" as a downloadable file is linked.

reported to move to correct section

this is one of greatest addons eventhough it crashing game on me for w\ever reason after couple minutes of play

anybody else having this problem ??????????

Only issue I've seen was TacticalGamer's server insta-crashing when a 56 player special started. Not 100% it was SLX, but it went fine after people were told to shut it off.

Not saying this as that something is wrong with SLX mod, but that people should be aware of the issues it can cause to join a server that doesn't have SLX mod running, when the client does. Just like XAM and ACE were (in)famous for in ArmA1.

Perhaps it was the mission, very high ping or a myriad of other things and not the addon ?

Let's not spread rumour when perhaps there is no need.

I keep getting constant crashes too to be fair, i'm unsure what is going on. When it's not crashing, it's running like a slideshow, when normally my game is surprisingly smooth. It also seems to enjoy resetting my graphics options, or at least modifying them, anyone else get that?

I am curious if perhaps i have a conflict between EliasSound and this mod, would that be probable?

Edited by Nosedive

Check that you are running the latest CBA. That was known to cause stuttering.

So far on my rig it has been absolutely perfect!

Edited by Kremator

Please fix Gidra and C-8 , it is unguided rockets.

Here's another version:

http://www.filefront.com/14435473/SLX_Mod_ArmA2_1.15.rar

Changes:

Fixed dismemberment effect, also fixed a huge pause from the blood effect when people were killed with extremely high amounts of damage.

Increased AI spotting range.

Fixed some script errors.

Some rockets should no longer have locking/guiding.

Fixed some script errors.

Made fire more likely to happen when vehicles are destroyed.

Fixed people going prone when suppressed.

Player won't shout "contact".

Lower aiming angles so AIs don't aim up too high when throwing grenades, and people don't recoil back and forth so far when hit.

Mcpl-Ripcord: What addons were you using when the AIs bunched up behind the smoke?

mils: I can't see the targets too clearly at 600 meters but I can get someone with about 4 rounds (2-3 hits) at that range, which seems pretty correct. It might be possible for someone to be barely alive after taking up to 5 or 6 grazing rounds spread around their body at that range. Maybe you're doing something wrong? Try doing more practice shooting and you might get better. It could also be the fade copy protection system.

Inkompetent: That's a serious problem, I would hope BIS could fix it, or maybe someone can make a server side or client side addon so that players can't accidentally crash servers with mods/addons that cause conflicts. There are server connect scripts, and I think XEH has pre init stuff, maybe that could be used to see what the server has vs. the client. Unfortunately I don't have the time or resources to try to solve this.

Nosedive: It is not possible for the SLX addons to reset or modify your graphics options.

Edited by Solus

That's really odd, after installing it i received an error "no entry arma2.cfg.3d_performance", I had to delete Arma2.cfg in order to correct it.

Is there no way to check out an event log of a crash? I am consistently crashing and i want to know why

Some feedback Solus. Firstly feels much better. I'm still getting about a 5 second pause as soon as I kill (or another person kills) an enemy. Following that there are no pauses.

Once I die and respawn I'm now getting Changing Mags, Reloading calls even if I have full ammo.

Still testing....

Please remove text AI in chat ,its look ugly, and add more sounds :)

It would be better if the sounds will be said by soldiers, not writen.

Hi everyone

first i want to say is this is a great mod.

i know it from Arma SLX mod > ACE mod.

my problem is, i cant drag any person/soldier!

what i do wrong?

(sorry, my english is not very well)

i hope you will understand my tekst.

I have a tiny request, could you pack the addons in @SLX/addons to speed and ease up for beginners the process of installing them. Great mod! :)

Edited by sparks50

Is there no way to check out an event log of a crash? I am consistently crashing and i want to know why

Use the search tool to look for "RPT file" and you'll find instructions on how to get to the log :)

a little feedabck.

SLX makes the AI very deadly and i keep getting my arse kicked. that's good. especially when playing the awesome cipher mission by wiper.

is it modular? Can i pick and choose the bits i want simply by putting the other pbo's in another folder.

also there are times AI are tasked as moving even though i command them to return to formation. i guess this is part of making them a little more independant.

you have improved the take cover aspect of the AI - but could you add the command to manually tell them to do so as BIS have the command but it doesn't work yet. :(

cheers

Solus Try fix artellery modul. In SLX-mod it not working.

You can use only Mortar. MLRS and Gun not working