Sign in to follow this  
Morgan969

GameSpy server list not showing servers correctly

Our groups servers (4 of them) are not displaying in the server list. Players cant join since they cant see it in the list, and our regulars are being forced to join through the Remote connection via IP.

Is this a GameSpy issue or not? What can be done? The list currently shows 659 servers up and ours are not among them and have not been in the list since 10:00 pm mountain time last night.

When I go here:

http://arma2.swec.se/server/list

...and look for the servers they appear when filtering for 'Down' but no other time. Currently one of our servers is online hosting our regulars and appears in that list as having 23 players and being Down...hardly makes sense. How can it be down and be hosting 23 players?

Is this going to be corrected some day soon?

There was some maintenance on the Gamespy side (that means migrating Arma 2 matchmaking server to more powerul hardware).

Server admins are kindly asked to restart their servers in case it is not shown up correctly.

my server is not shown in Internet games list inside the game today... and I haven't seen an XR server also today...

Thanks Maruk, We have tried restarting the ArmA instances we have in the UK 3 times throughout the day without success. Do we actually have to completely reboot the server?

Thanks again

Ive done a complete Hard ware Server reboot and nothing appears.

Same here

get rid of the reportingip line by adding // at the begining, I just did that on 4 servers and they all show again, thanks Morgan for finding this for us.

eg

//reportingIP="armedass.master.gamespy.com"

get rid of the reportingip line by adding // at the begining, I just did that on 4 servers and they all show again, thanks Morgan for finding this for us.

eg

//reportingIP="armedass.master.gamespy.com"

This might work, but is this really the only solution and/or permanent solution?

I'm using 'reportingIP="arma2pc.master.gamespy.com" - This seems to be working/showing within the browser list.

I was using 'reportingIP="master.gamespy.com" but this stopped showing the server within the Server Brower List.

master.gamespy.com = 207.38.11.174

armedass.master.gamespy.com = 207.38.11.174

arma2pc.master.gamespy.com = 207.38.11.182 (IP is different from the 2 above)

Edited by LondonLad

I've changed the reportingIP to arma2pc.master.gamespy.com and it worked fine.

I think I'll stick to this for a moment.

nice of them to change the parameter leaving us to hunt around for the solution, thanks for the info LondonLad, we've noted it incase our solution stops working.

No problem at all :)

I can't take the credit really (other than posting the information) as the information used was pulled from the 'freely' distributed files/information from [KH] Kelly's Heroes Dedicated Server information.

I double-checked the 'reportingIP' IP addresses against the domains I'm aware of so far and tried the different combinations and noticed 'arma2pc.master.gamespy.com' works

I would presume those have have used the [KH] dedicated server information @ http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/files/tutorials/dedicated/ won't encounter issues as the information here already contain the gamespy domain which seems to be working.

The same here, i think this is a gamespy side server problem that will be fixed in the next few days.

Edited by Lonestar

Ping 2500 is a firewall problem, the port is not open!

You are right that a wrongly configured firewall can cause this problem... but...

firewall ports are open and fine, after a (Win 2008) server restart the ping shows fine in gamespy but after a A2 server restart the ping is suddenly at 2500. Firewall (again) checked twice, everything ok.

So it's either gamespy or the latest beta server.

Xeno