Sign in to follow this  
shuurajou

BIS - help us help ourselves!

If I was part of BIS I would be sat in my chair thinking how the hell could we let this shambles go to market instead of saying

My ArmA2 runs pretty well without any stuttering (except when in and around Chernogorsk or Elektrozavodsk
Maybe just play the game as it is right now and enjoy it where possible

Thats the whole point, a lot of people can't even get this game running let alone play where it is possible.

I have got my fingers crossed for patch 1.04 like everybody else but come on BIS make this patch count.

I'm not actually having problems with this game - my posts in this thread are trying to help with the understanding. The thread title is "help us to help ourselves" and thats what Im trying to do too.

Although I appreciate others are having problems with crashing etc and are trying allsorts to fix that - I'm happy playing with my 3 year old rig on low/very low settings and getting a lot of enjoyment from it. If some understanding of whats happening under the covers so to speak can help some track a cause to their particular problem, all well and good although I appreciate that nothing I post is likely to help that much. The developers cant spend all their time reading these boards and instead have their programmers working on the engine and their content guys working on a new expansion...

:)

the game is broken guys. Stop waisting your time in the forums (for "fixes") and just play the game with lower settings. If you cant play at all. Just put it down for now. This is just advise. An official patch is the only things that might solve you problems. Save yourself the headache.

i agree with eppidemic on this!!!

It has aspects that are absolutely broken for some people yes, but a lot of good points too that no doubt make it worth sticking with. Whether sticking with it means continuing to struggle to make it work, or as with me just waiting for a new patch and hoping... that's up to you.

I don't have the energy to screw with it anymore, and I am very hopeful the next patch sets things right. Last kick at the can in my eyes, so I hope they kick the hell out of it. :)

i agree with eppidemic on this!!!

Hey cashxx..

I have a system quite similar to yours but my 920 is @ 3.6 Ghz and I'm having a great time with ArmA2. As a test I reset my BIOS to default settings which of course restored my processor's clock rate to 2.67 Ghz.

This had an enormous impact on this game making it struggle constantly. I am a huge fan of this genre and I think there's no escaping the fact that this milsim is very, very processor intensive.

If you're comfortable with the process you might try clocking that 920 up to say 3.2 Ghz (very modest OC) to see what performance gains this brings you.

Best of luck,

hmmm,

Ok so far i have a 512mb 8800GTS adn an intel Core 2 duo, 3Ghz. I tested it on very high-unstable, i tested it on high- a little more stable but not really, i tested it on normal- now works fine without many issues at all with the game, unless i have loads of units on sceen at once, like everyone else. Low - i guess would work even better but that would degrade quality immensely. Play around with your settings. i havent had any problems really and have no real need for an explanation from the developers. I already understand that this game will only run really awesomely on very high settings with the next years or next generation or even 2 years of future hardware Cpu and gpu etc. its just one of those types of games. Like Crysis before it adn Oblivian before that. Every 3 years theres a game like Arma 2 that everyone cant run properly. 3 years down the track there will be another, probably Elder scrolls 5 i would imagine or the next installment of the total war series. Rome total war ran pretty bad on release a year later hey presto with new hardware everything ran awesome all of a sudden.

Do i get the feeling theres alot of new pc gamer's playing arma 2? because you know how pc gaming is. Its been like this since X-com Ufo Defense,lol. Matter of fact X-COM UFO DEFENSE is STILL LAGGY :(:(:( Operation flashpoint 1 was buggy as hell. Matter of fact operation flashpoint is STILL buggy with movement glitches and stuff.

I gave up on Single player mode and multiplayer modes ages ago accept the small co-op missions, they are still fantastic. The thing keeping me playing Arma 2 is its editing mode, you sould really try the editing mode before you ditch the game completely, you are really missing out on the CREME of Arma 2's brilliance if you dont indulge in its editing suite. Its really what Arma 2 is all about.

Play around with the editor , make your own missions , less bugs and its more fun than single player mode. lol. :)

Oh yeah and another thing, STOP trying to play this game on very high settings. You are wasting your time doing that. However the gamestill looks pretty and good on normal settings, you get use to it after awhile and you may actually start enjoying the game more. Some of these people are right, i dont think a patch is going to help. Might i also suggest to NEVER upgrade your computer to the latest hardware UNTIL the game you cant run, actually comes out , then wait a year or 2 THEN upgrade computer, never before, EVER. Its just a waste of money. This game has already made the nividia 295gtx's obsolete.

Edited by nyran125

Do i get the feeling theres alot of new pc gamer's playing arma 2

Been playing PC games since the DX2-66, win 3.11 Dos 6.22, HDD 420 Mb, 32 Mb RAM and from memory I had a matrox millenium video card. First game Wolfenstien 3D, second game the mighty "DOOOOOOOOM". LOL

Do i get the feeling theres alot of new pc gamer's playing arma 2?

I refuse to get sucked into this aside from saying that I'm almost 100% certain I have hard drives older than you.

Hey cashxx..

I have a system quite similar to yours but my 920 is @ 3.6 Ghz and I'm having a great time with ArmA2. As a test I reset my BIOS to default settings which of course restored my processor's clock rate to 2.67 Ghz.

This had an enormous impact on this game making it struggle constantly. I am a huge fan of this genre and I think there's no escaping the fact that this milsim is very, very processor intensive.

If you're comfortable with the process you might try clocking that 920 up to say 3.2 Ghz (very modest OC) to see what performance gains this brings you.

Best of luck,

I have tried every BIOS tweak and nothing has helped here. Check this post listing where I have been posting lately.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=84156