Sign in to follow this  
plumose 219

Runway

where do i put the coordinits for the runway in the configs, thanks if you can help :)

In A1 there was somethings with ILS.

EDIT: Just checked again. use searchfunktion and enter //ILS. But I dont know how to get the coordinates.

Edited by MemphisBelle

But I dont know how to get the coordinates.

In Visitor; Click the mouse scroll button on any location and you will see on the down-right / status bar: X, Y and Height

Also, if "Show Ruler" icon is switched on, the X and Y ruler on the edge of the edit area shows numbers.

Gnat;1421766']In Visitor; Click the mouse scroll button on any location and you will see on the down-right / status bar: X' date=' Y and Height

Also, if "Show Ruler" icon is switched on, the X and Y ruler on the edge of the edit area shows numbers.[/quote']

thanks so much :yay:

I guess this is about adding a runway to arma2 in visitor?

I just doin this now. Is that all handled with a config? to avoid that bumby terrain under the tarmac? If yes, could u please give me the Link for that page with that //ILS stuff?

And maybe an example for the config? :)

Would be really nice

Greetz...

Hi all,

About the runway, so it is smooth, you have to put an invisible road underneath your runway parts.

You have to use the "road tool" for that, at least that is how i did it.

You can then smooth this with the smooth road script

About the ILS, it is a bit tricky, just use the sample coordinates to visualize what is going on, because it is also the taxi way the plane will follow, from start to take of or from landin till stop.

Later,

Allie

I use empty6 roadtype from A1 converted to A2 (my pbo) so planes don't bounce when taking off + road removes the clutter (grass) from the tarmac.

Update: better solution is to use ca\roads2\invisible as its 3x wider so for a normal runway you put two "roads" parralel to each other to cover the whole runway. And don't forget to add taxi paths, so AI points can be put into config.

Edited by IceBreakr

I have just an empty .pew file on which i put trees on the possitions for where the waypoints need to be, then i export these trees to a text file and voila, there you have all the coordinates of the right waypoints/ils centre/airport center

Manual that describes the ils with pictures: http://tactical.nekromantix.com/ofp/downloads/WrpTool.v0.950.Upgrade.rar

It also has the wrp tool with it, but it is just for the manual, its in there too.

Note: in the manual they switched things around abit, keep paying attention to that.

Later,

Allie

Does anyone still have that ilsdirection.xls done by Marksman (its not in zip on OFPEC anymore) ? :)

Found it! here if anyone else needs it.

Edited by IceBreakr