Sign in to follow this  
CrazyAviator

TrackIR 5, what do you think?

im defo going to get this, looks great... .. can you also have a mulitiple monitor set up?

im defo going to get this, looks great... .. can you also have a mulitiple monitor set up?

As long as the multiscreen set is seen as one big desktop, the TrackIR doesn't care how big it is.

As long as the multiscreen set is seen as one big desktop, the TrackIR doesn't care how big it is.

i see, that must be sweet...

i see, that must be sweet...

Yes, its awesome, running triplehead2go 3 x 22" 5040x1050 + trackIR here, Arma 2 is a blast, plus playing SP with voice commands, xcool. :D

I use tracking with a 3 monitor setup - it's amazing - well worth the effort to put together.....

Theres a few pics and stuff about my setup here...

B

Bump! Anyone?

I just hit my center view key then spin around with my gunsight.

I've got to say, the customizable default view centre in FreeTrack comes in real handy. I like to set mine zoomed in a bit and off to the side when flanking, pointing in the direction of the enemy. Sometimes when I'm stealthy for any period of time I set it to default to a lean stance. Much more comfortable that way.

I use tracking with a 3 monitor setup - it's amazing - well worth the effort to put together.....

Theres a few pics and stuff about my setup here...

B

Damn you Bushlurker now i gotta get two more monitors :p

For flying, it's essential, it really increases your awareness of what's around you and particularly, how close to the ground you are. If you're gunning in an aircraft, being able to zoom just by leaning towards the screen is a massive boon, likewise if you're an AT dude.

I've been wanting to get TIR, probs get TIR4 2nd hand off ebay because its quite an expensive piece of kit, as for flying, i just lock free look on and use the mouse while using my joystick to fly.

I've been wanting to get TIR, probs get TIR4 2nd hand off ebay because its quite an expensive piece of kit, as for flying, i just lock free look on and use the mouse while using my joystick to fly.

Good thinking there. My joystick needs two hands though - it skids around the desk. I'm not sure I have the hand-eye coordination to work like that. My brain would overload. Which is where TIR comes in. It very quickly becomes second nature and the muscle memory build quickly with TIR (or FT)

@JWCustom...

:D

Just under £100 each for 19" 4:3 thin Bezel monitors at Amazon.co.uk... A 15 buck secondary G card (8600GT) and Kegetys' FREE SoftTH and you're up and running....

It's not a monster expense really...

(I work from home quite a lot and told my project boss it would "increase my productivity" hehehe - it worked!)

B

Edited by Bushlurker

I see 3 versions of the TrackIR, one without the clip, one with the clip and then one with both hat and clip. Which one to get? I don't use a headset as I have a desktop mic and send the Teamspeak sound out thru my 5.1. Can You use the trackIR without the clip?

BTW, I've got loads of hats :p

I see 3 versions of the TrackIR, one without the clip, one with the clip and then one with both hat and clip. Which one to get? I don't use a headset as I have a desktop mic and send the Teamspeak sound out thru my 5.1. Can You use the trackIR without the clip?

BTW, I've got loads of hats :p

The trackir 5 comes with a clip. If you have a hat that is all you need.

That's what I use.

Yea, you would just need the standard TrackIR package, which comes with the Track Clip (hat use), not the TrackIR 5 Pro package which also comes with the TrackClip Pro for the headset.

I love it, variable zoom that works in every situation. It also means I don't have to hold my breath every time I want a closer look at something. The only thing is to make sure you set a deadzone in your profile so you have a nice comfortable area where you're normal at zoom.

Actually, for Arma I have a reasonable dead zone for all the axis, so it's very easy to keep it centered forward when shooting and so on. Otherwise it does get a bit confusing as you mention. The TrackIR software lets you set up as many profiles as you want with different sensitivities and deadzones, some axis disabled, and so on; and in the list of supported titles you can select which profile to use. Then the software automatically loads the profile when you run the particular game, which is pretty nice - wish the Saitek software did that.

Too much like hard work mate, I just use the thumb slider on my joystick.