Sign in to follow this  
koroush47

ARMA 2 demo vs the real thing?

How much of a differnce is there between the two?

I was playing the demo and it wasn't very intresting, I hope the real game will be as good as every1 is saying it is :)

How much of a differnce is there between the two?

I was playing the demo and it wasn't very intresting, I hope the real game will be as good as every1 is saying it is :)

It is fairly the same I guess. What didn't you like about it? Maybe that would help us determine if you will like it.

Only big differences I can think of.

More Modules

Ability to save in Mission Editor

Campaign

More weapons, vehicles, units

Bigger terrain

Scripting Abilities

Modding Abilities

3/4 of the fun I have with the game is the mission editor. The rest is like 3/16 SP and 1/16 MP. But I also have a crappy computer so I don't really play MP. I used to have a lot of fun playing MP in ArmA and OFP.

It is fairly the same I guess. What didn't you like about it? Maybe that would help us determine if you will like it.

Only big differences I can think of.

More Modules

Ability to save in Mission Editor

Campaign

More weapons, vehicles, units

Bigger terrain

Scripting Abilities

Modding Abilities

3/4 of the fun I have with the game is the mission editor. The rest is like 3/16 SP and 1/16 MP. But I also have a crappy computer so I don't really play MP. I used to have a lot of fun playing MP in ArmA and OFP.

Well I thought that the MP was very limited and it was filled with noobs that thought it was bf2.

One problem was that when playing DM... if you shot a person now.. he would fall over about 1 second after you shot him. It was very awkward. I'm not sure if that was because the server was bad or because the game is that way.

Also i expected more huge landscapes and amazing battles.

In the death vally gamemode... the only thing that happened was noobs on the big grenade launcher MGs shooting grenades at anybody that got close to the objective.

It just felt like an alpha demo.

MP can be a lot better than that if you play in the right places. The terrain is bigger and you can have bigger battles although the bigger battles tend to have AI involved but you can have large PvP battles.

The domination co-op missions are what you are missing out on.

I have never been more addicted to a gametype in my life

You choose whatever role and weapon you want , use any vehicle you want.

and battle against hundreds of AI

The demo doesnt let you play these fan made missions because if they did you would never leave the demo.

BTW , buy the game , online is a completely different story then in the demo

Note that the full game is much more demanding on system resources than the demo, due to the size of the island and number of AI entities.