Sign in to follow this  
mankyle

Arma 2 Roads MLODs

I've told that Arma 2 road MLODs have been released with the BI tools, but I cannot see them anywhere and I have searched them throughly. Is it tru the they are installed when installing the BI tools?

Thanks

Yes the road MLODs are installed together with the tools. You find them in p:\ca\roads and p:\ca\roads2

Thanks Wolle, I had copied ODOL p3ds over the MLODs ones.

Now they work

sounds like a similar issue like back in ArmA1. The installed roads haven´t worked as well and the ones from the mlod pack were needed.....strange.

Well I'm pretty sure the ArmA1 version of Visitor DIDNT come with the MLOD roads first up. Now with the ArmAII version of Visitor, they DID.

Previously with ArmA1 version, you had to pull the MLOD roads from the SAMPLE files BIS later gave us.

W0lle: why did they put in new roads.pbo, are they different now from A1? Can we use A1 roads for the upcoming A2 map?

W0lle: why did they put in new roads.pbo, are they different now from A1? Can we use A1 roads for the upcoming A2 map?

From what i see and understand the road LOD models are exactly the same. Very simple as in ArmA1 but instead they are a little larger and some bigger.

I see no reason why you shouldn't use ArmA1 roads in ArmA2 if you use the correct rvmat and texture links.

Roger that. It seems they are working ok... so all I have to do is to replace missing objects & all of the vegetation ;)