Sign in to follow this  
Waterman

Strange problem - Island wont go away

Not sure where to post this really but I've got a really strange problem.

I've been working on an island for Arma2 for the last few weeks. I've had it ingame before and removed it as normal (for playing online etc) but this time even though I have deleted the pbo from the addons folder, it still shows up ingame and works fine.:confused::confused::confused: How??? Cant play MP because not many servers allow addons.

I've done a complete fresh install, deleting the Arma2 folder in Program Files. When I've completed fresh install from CD, its fine. Island is gone. But when I patch to 1.03 its back again??? I checked addons folder again and it's definately not there. Really wierd. I'm totally confused and don't know what to do.

Only thing I can think I done different was binarizing the island for use ingame.

Anyone have any idea??? I've tried everything I can think of... Seems strange it only comes back after installing the patch 1.03. I have tried redownloading the patch as well.

Waterman, I had this problem a while ago but it was with single player missions i made. I saved them and they wouldnt go away. Do you start the game with Run as administrator? That seemed to solve it for me

You should learn to use mod folders.

I don't know if that would have helped. I know how to use mod folders too thanks. Fact is addons shouldn't be appearing ingame if they are not in the addons folder (or mod folder).

Waterman, I had this problem a while ago but it was with single player missions i made. I saved them and they wouldnt go away. Do you start the game with Run as administrator? That seemed to solve it for me

Thanks, this seems to work. :) However when I go into Multiplayer, about half the servers are missing. Maybe an unrelated issue.

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

I think I found out what was causing the original problem.

I done a search for "Skye.pbo" which is the island im working on. I seen a copy of it located in "C:\Users\Craig\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma2\Skye.pbo" so I just deleted it and my problem is gone. It would seem it had saved a "virtual" copy of it that I didn't know existed and Arma2 is able to access that directory.

I don't know if that would have helped. I know how to use mod folders too thanks. Fact is addons shouldn't be appearing ingame if they are not in the addons folder (or mod folder).

Thanks, this seems to work. :) However when I go into Multiplayer, about half the servers are missing. Maybe an unrelated issue.

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

I think I found out what was causing the original problem.

I done a search for "Skye.pbo" which is the island im working on. I seen a copy of it located in "C:\Users\Craig\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma2\Skye.pbo" so I just deleted it and my problem is gone. It would seem it had saved a "virtual" copy of it that I didn't know existed and Arma2 is able to access that directory.

Bringing back Skye I see. How is it working?

Hey Jakerod, yeh starting from scratch though this time. This time it is based on the actual island in Scotland. Thing is, I'm encountering problem after problem with Visitor3. First terrain itself, then textures, then roads and other objects... had a problem at every stage.

Anyway, here's a couple of pics I posted elsewhere in the forum for those that are interested:

3806987887_97da2da7a7_o.jpg

3823324521_bf55827743_o.jpg

Its 40960 x 40960 in Visitor. Is that 40km x 40km? lol

If I am doing my math right then yes it is. That looks great too. Look forward to playing on it.

Using Vista ?

Vista I heard can sometimes have memory of (partly) deleted files.

Probably as randy suggested if you have

Gnat;1423712']Using Vista ?

Vista I heard can sometimes have memory of (partly) deleted files.

Probably as randy suggested if you have

He already fixed the problem.