Sign in to follow this  
SoldierIsNotHistory

FAFw - Forces Armées Françaises Workshop

I do not get it.

What are you trying to say? That BI is taking or modifying community work to be used in VBS2 without permission?

We are very serious in respecting rights of creators of content and every time we reuse anything from community member we seek permission first.

Anyway, I will ask for further clarification from VBS team to this matter.

I also do not believe this community is as bad as you try to make it. Yes, it would definitely benefit from understanding licenses more (perhaps adopting more standard licenses would help: like http://creativecommons.org/about/licenses/ ) but it is different story...

It is a shame you decided to not publish your work but it is your work so do whatever you like with it (and btw: despite our tools license and sample models license does not allow commercial use without permission, that does not mean we can not give such permission).

Stolen from inside by ex OFrP member TMB who don't forget to take everything on olf OFrP ftp, to create a contatc network in french army (yes it's easy with french camo on VBS2) and who is now the french official BIA contact. You get it?

Stolen from outside like Sarmat, other member, in fact i can write the list because i don't remember but there is some, using work without any care of who made this work. And now going to be the community member 2009 awarded? You get it?

Stolen by offical, who saying that they really don't know from who their sources are coming, but conitnue to use unauthorized work to promote VBS2 (here is a french Cadeau bonux). Authorized? Mwa we (as stupid morrons) have arma 2 to play and mod. You get it?

Bored to see that some french company are waiting for FAFw release to go adverstising their weel-made solution of VBS2 running french content to french army. You get it?

Sceptic while seing ArmA 2 / VBS2 becoming the same game/software, making easier to take ArmA 2 mod and play with it in VBS2 (ctrl+c, ctrl+v). You get it?

Bored to loosing more time to find a solution to protect our work instead of doing our addons. You get it?

Fair community? Muahahah... mellow.gif

I wish you an happy new year

Edited by Maruk

Once again Sarmat have gone and stole someone elses work, im removing their AN2 as we speak. I dont want to have a mod on my PC from people who STEAL other peoples work.

Can we please stop having a go at SARMAT? They've already removed the contested files from their addons.

On topic, sad to see yet another modding team go, but it's ultimately the modding team's choice, and there's nothing that we can do to change that.

In response to the post by SoldierIsNotHistory, here.

As Managing Director of BIA, and the person ultimately responsible for VBS2, I can assure you all that BIA did not ‘steal’ any French add-ons. BIA received permission to exhibit certain French content at the French trade show Eurosatory 08 and during Phoenix 2008 experimentation, and following these two events we destroyed all copies of the French content. Even today, VBS2 does not include any French content.

SoldierIsNotHistory, on behalf of the community I am sorry that you have decided to cease your development, but please do not inaccurately, and publically, blame BIA. If you have concerns I urge you to take them up with me privately, via PM.

Likewise, if anyone else in the community has any concerns with any content in VBS2 please send me a PM.

Edited by snYpir

Imho LODU+FAFw+SoldierIsNotHistory should write all down and send it for further investigation to BIS.

Think that everyone would be upset to see his work grabbed and modified without permission and released without/wrong credits.

Hope that after a breath taking break we will see Forces armées françaises in Arma2 and Operation Arrowhead. Dont let the bad guys win that easily!

Its done lets move on. Modle that was used was took off so that was fixed as far as the issue go's. No need to put this on BI or any other person, its like the lodu team is still mad even after it was fix and the modle was removed. What els can you say? Its there choise to say they will stop this mod and so it's been stoped. No need to take it out on BI an its people. It showing that lodu and its team are going the wrong way about this and saying all is to blame. Iv seen so many people use other models/addons that were not there's yet it was worked out and the mod went on.

Edited by 1in1class
need

I'm really sad to read this...

FAFw (note that this is the mod that follows OFrP in France) is (I don't want to say "was") a very serious and extreme quality mod. Why would they lie and create a story like that ?

BI, you should solve the problem with them, you're losing a part of french community.

I don't wanna play ArmA anymore, this story make me sick.

I'm really sad to read this...

FAFw (note that this is the mod that follows OFrP in France) is (I don't want to say "was") a very serious and extreme quality mod. Why would they lie and create a story like that ?

BI, you should solve the problem with them, you're losing a part of french community.

I don't wanna play ArmA anymore, this story make me sick.

On the other hand, why would a well-respected and well-liked company lie? Every story has more than one perspective, and if a silly little misunderstanding like this is enough to put you off of ArmA, then it speaks a lot of your character does it not?

1in1class, it seems it's not just because of what Sarmat Studio did they are stopping their mod. And using someone else property without asking is, as far as I know, called stealing.

It's sad that Fafw decided to stop their mod, but it is their choice and I support them at 100%

i was looking foward to this mod :( thay had some nice stuff as well but plz do not let this kill it off just look at all the work you lads have put into it

On the other hand, why would a well-respected and well-liked company lie? Every story has more than one perspective

Yeah, I understand your position, and so your reaction.

But I'm not sure that all the story was exposed here. Its seems to be a little more complicated.

Anyway, I'm not from FAFw, I have nothing to say anymore. I wanted to tell my feeling, that's all.

In response to the post by SoldierIsNotHistory, here.

As Managing Director of BIA, and the person ultimately responsible for VBS2, I can assure you all that BIA did not ‘steal’ any French add-ons. BIA received permission to exhibit certain French content at the French trade show Eurosatory 08 and during Phoenix 2008 experimentation, and following these two events we destroyed all copies of the French content. Even today, VBS2 does not include any French content.

SoldierIsNotHistory, on behalf of the community I am sorry that you have decided to cease your development, but please do not inaccurately, and publically, blame BIA. If you have concerns I urge you to take them up with me privately, via PM.

Likewise, if anyone else in the community has any concerns with any content in VBS2 please send me a PM.

Why this should be resolved by PM? Don't you think this affects the whole community? Do you think it dates only from today? What about the copyright, EULA, etc. ...?

It's time to open our eyes and ears on these looters of addons, ins't it (this isn't necessarily you, but there are people here who will recognize)?

So, please, clarify this as transparent as possible so that the community can continue to work with confidence.

Becuase flaming and blaming people who may or may not be actually involved is against form rules and must be done by PM.

Nobody wants to see a flame war started over this so don't try and force one, be mature about the situation and take it further with snyper with a PM. If you wish.

Yes there is such people in the community who might take an addon and then sell if off as there own, there is no stopping people like that the Internet is full of piracy and i don't see that being stopped for a long time.

Why this should be resolved by PM? Don't you think this affects the whole community? Do you think it dates only from today? What about the copyright, EULA, etc. ...?

It's time to open our eyes and ears on these looters of addons, ins't it (this isn't necessarily you, but there are people here who will recognize)?

So, please, clarify this as transparent as possible so that the community can continue to work with confidence.

careful to remain respectful or they are gonna smack you with the ban hammer.

I too want to see how this plays out.

Nobody wants to see a flame war started over this so don't try and force one, be mature about the situation and take it further with snyper with a PM. If you wish.

War already began on french community site ArmA-Fr.

Maruk, snYpir, lodu and SoldierIsNotHistory here in the same topic : End of a wonderful mod.

All four you should have a serious conversation even if some things are already to late.

Indeed, i don't think this case will cause harm only to the French community.

Man it a shame to see you go and give it up, i alway liked the French units since the day i down loaded them form OFrP for OFP, there where and still my fav add-on along with P:UKF and BWmod for OFP :)

Despite what happened, I think that deciding to give up and withdrawing is not the way to follow.

I understand the frustration caused by the amount of encountred issues but not releasing the Addons on which you spent a hell of time IS NOT going to figure out anything in these regards, even on the long run.

With no willingness to sound harsh, and by taking into consideration all factors and all problems you had to face, I blame you for setting up a "white flag" over the hill instead of maintaining your efforts until the "public release".

In my humble judgement, the wisest decision would have been to release the Addons as that would have undoubtedly avoided you to encounter so many internal/external thefts. Since everyone will be knowing that these Addons belong to YOUR countless hours of hard work.

Even if your decision is fully understandable and respectable ("Louable" as we say in french)

I'm deeply convinced and persuaded that your decision goes against the community as a whole and not against "The bad guys in question".

Best Regards,

TB

Edited by Thunderbird

There isn’t really any defence against a former teammate distributing trusted content. As frustrating as it is, there is no ground, when it comes to publicly accusing those who may have acted in good faith. While some steps could be implemented to protect from a more generalized plagiarism, it will come with a performance cost.

Saying that, don’t be swayed by vague concepts of community. Community like humanity, means you have to live with the slings and arrows of every opinion, no matter how stultifyingle ill-conceived. If you can’t accept that, then perhaps you’re better of leaving it alone?

Can we please stop having a go at SARMAT? They've already removed the contested files from their addons.

On topic, sad to see yet another modding team go, but it's ultimately the modding team's choice, and there's nothing that we can do to change that.

This i agree with 100%

And these small parts were not proven to be stolen but Sarmat removed them anyway to keep everyone happy and they have an updated version coming because it only takes them a few days to make new models from scratch again.

how about we just let this die? its clear no1 is really going to agree with each other as each has their own opinion and view on these events. argueing about it is not going to acheive a thing but to ruffle a few feathers.

its clear that FaFw have made up their mind, if they choose to come back then great, if not well, just gives some1 else a chance to work on some french forces :)

Despite what happened, I think that deciding to give up and withdrawing is not the way to follow.

I understand the frustration caused by the amount of encountred issues but not releasing the Addons on which you spent a hell of time IS NOT going to figure out anything in these regards, even on the long run.

With no willingness to sound harsh, and by taking into consideration all factors and all problems you had to face, I blame you for setting up a "white flag" over the hill instead of maintaining your efforts until the "public release".

In my humble judgement, the wisest decision would have been to release the Addons as that would have undoubtedly avoided you to encounter so many internal/external thefts. Since everyone will be knowing that these Addons belong to YOUR countless hours of hard work.

Even if your decision is fully understandable and respectable ("Louable" as we say in french)

I'm deeply convinced and persuaded that your decision goes against the community as a whole and not against "The bad guys in question".

Best Regards,

TB

+1000.And of course i'd like to see this mod to be released.

I think the point is that while we are interested on progress of things, we are not interested on the bitching and swearing and false clamming and name calling part of the discussion. Also of cause you can have some highlights of the words from both side(as long as it stay at a netural point of view), but no if you are posting twisted facts, thats the buttom line.

I vote for close this topic : - FAFw closed work on the mod , i know its sad for players ,but topic turned into offtopic bullshit /sry/

i vote for close this topic : - fafw closed work on the mod , i know its sad for players ,but topic turned into offtopic bullshit /sry/

+1000

only one suggestion because your work is very exelent i think you can release it to an alpha version because i think it's a big error to take all your works and dump it all time for nothing ? we are french don't forget it ! ( =) ) i think lot of french team can work on it why you don't ask another team or comunauty to help or finaliz the mod ?