Sign in to follow this  
SoldierIsNotHistory

FAFw - Forces Armées Françaises Workshop

Because they are pissed off with people stealing thier hard work? If you read the original post does seem to confirm that.

If one person steals something from other person, only thief should be punished. What is the fault of other community members? Did they knew about it but did not warn FAFw members? Or should the whole community after decision of modmaker to stop working find the thief and beat him somewhere in the dark lane? It seems like too many modmakers suppose that the whole community is ungrateful like that person who used their work without permission when closing their activity. So, in my opinion, only person who had stolen must be punished but not the whole community. And I think that special thread where such thiefs will be listed should be on this forums. So all the members would know them.

I don't think Bis/Bia steal anything from addons-makers too. But I think (personnal view) all addons can be an argument to sell VBS2 to armies in the world. If you buy VBS2, you can have access to the entire free addons to the community.

May be one seller try to do some benefits with OFrP/FAFw works.

Yeah but not every addon is portable without changes in the p3d model file. For example all ArmA1 Soldier Addons does not work on ArmA2 without MLOD changes. So you have to ask for the open p3d files. And thats the point where iam asking myself how did all the people that steal addon parts get the open p3d files :confused:

But repeatedly attacking them isnt going to help anyone is it.

I don't think publicly accusing BIS and BIA of stealing is exactly helping either.

This mess could have been avoided by opening up a private dialogue with BIS or BIA.

Or maybe I haven't read things correctly.

Edited by Snafu

I don't think publicly accusing BIS and BIA of stealing is exactly helping either.

This mess could have been avoided by opening up a private dialogue with BIS or BIA.

Or maybe I haven't read things correctly.

Snypir (Peter Morrision), Managing Director of BIA asked to PM him in order to sort this. However certain members of the french community continued to discuss the issue in the public and demanding statements even though they are not even directly involved.

As we already can see accusing BIS/BIA indeed doesn't help anything as they just remain silent.

That single community members are stealing or "borrowing" content from others is nothing new. It happened all the time and always will happen. There's not much to do than ignoring them instead of praising them.

The FAFw guys surely knew about this fact and now punishing the whole community because of one bad apple. However violating the privacy of correspondence by posting an BIA quote here is totally alright. :rolleyes:

If you take into account that the "bad apple" is russian and not so good english and the other side speaks french with not so good english chances are very high that the whole issue is just a huge misunderstanding.

But it's easier to post false accusations than admitting that somewhere, someone made a mistake.

This thread should have been closed the day it was announced that FAFw will not release their addons.

Edited by W0lle

If FAFw's worst fears were true then they could hardly be expected to limit the presentation of their case to only material deemed "fit for public consumption" by BIS/BIA. How could anybody prove misconduct in any matter if the only documentation considered is that willingly disclosed by the parties involved?

Clearly BIA have derived income from the content displayed at Eurosatory, that much is plain to see. If FAFw's work was amongst that content (this also seems clear) then they should enjoy a share of that income commensurate with their contribution and if they haven't already then this is a wrong that should be righted.

Beyond that, I don't believe I've seen anything to suggest that any FAFw IP was actually sold merely used for an event, with permission but possibly to a commercial end the creators were not appraised of.

I'm so sorry for the so-bad vision this situation and some poor guys give to the french community . When do they stop make promises, talk etc , and just make !

Do , make, imagine and talk after !

as the all other modteam in order to ensure only fun and nothing else .

I'm also a addonmaker on arma 1 , i've found some of my work in other addons . And i feel myself very pleased of this situation . I"ve done my addons for free and for fun . and copycat is the best proof of appreciated work .

Please keep fun in mind and that's all.

I'm also a addonmaker on arma 1 , i've found some of my work in other addons . And i feel myself very pleased of this situation . I"ve done my addons for free and for fun . and copycat is the best proof of appreciated work .

Well, maybe you are happy to see other people using your work without asking you, but not everybody share your vision and you should respect that...

Addons-makers are doing addons because it's a hobby, they are doing this for free and the only thing that many of them want in exchange is a certain respect of their work. And the best way to respect their work is simply asking them when you want to use and/or modify their addons.

Maybe it's not a written rule but that's just basic politeness and respect for people using their free time for the rest of the community, and it shouldn't be reminded everytime a team stops its work because of a minority using their addons without authorization.

Edited by Fuzzmaster

Arma-fr, soldierisnothistory and LODU are not French arma community representatives !!! As a part of a french team i feel bad about all this "affair" . Theses peoples lives in their fantasy . the biggest part of the french community do not give a crap to these people .

Oh god, what's that crap !

@ BWF-Patryn : Are you alone the entire french community ?

No.

So please stop talking as if you were the only voice of this community.

We are ALL different, we have all our different opinions. So keep it in mind and speak for your own voice.

You should have a look on the french forum ArmA-Fr to verify whether lodu and SINH are truly alone... Could be suprised.

Now if you want to answer me, do it by PM.

Sorry BIforums team, I had to say in public that no one here represents a community in her integrity.

what if there is not steal but misunderstanding , what if nobody steal anything to anyone . What are the proof ?

if you talk about sarmat studio affair , who cares ?

if you talk about Vbs2 stealing from BIS worker , do you really think it is possible ?

I suggest to people thinking seeing your work stolen is not a big affair... to do a bit of work themselves before making such a comment.

It's funny how people that are not involved in addon making are the first ones to cry when this issues arise.... cry against actual addon makers.

"Faites du bien à un chien, il vous pisse dans la main"

That said, it's clear that BI will not answer here (quite logically), better drop the guns, tbh. So long FAFw, you'll be missed

Edited by whisper

it is good that this topic was re-opened

i don't write here in issues of BIA /Sarmat

but i think this topic is very good (even if offtopic) to rethink motivation of doing addons and "community issue factor"

if part of communit f*** your hard 100, 200, 300 hours of hard work

if they claim, order, demand and later moan ?

if some group of them is thinking "he must give me MLOD otherwise i will be bashing him and telling his addons is wrong, not optimised" etc.

i think this topic, apart from BIA/Sarmat, can be good to see some problems

addonmaking is sometimes more time spending job than real job

real job is 170 hours monthly, good vehicles pack can be 400

if i live in poor economy country and earn 500E/170hours than whole my pack 1000EU for "credits line in readme .txt" ???

some people in community make addonmakers (real addonmakers) sick

and i don't think that BIA/Sarmat could shape attitude of FAFW as much as some people here "what's the problem" attitude

if someone other use my job - it would not stop me, moreover - "professional soldiers value my units" would be second though (after first thought of anger), later "i write to them, make some smoke and problem will be some kind solved)

if community say "what's the problem" - than it would stop me

like people who join to get MLODs and give others can stop from cooperation , but not from addonmaking , but from "team work" only, many people in many teams join only "for fame and do nothing"

but it is not problem if you do many things yourself

but it becomes a problem when "community" see no problem or says "don't laundry"

if someone see no problem in "ethical issues" - than it can make really angry

i think (if i not mistaken) that not releasing addons is "somekind of punishment" for community by FAFW

cause Sarmat is not a problem here, they used (if they used) and they removed - solved somekind

problem is "who cares, what's the problem" voices

thats why they (in my opinion) "punish" community this way

"if you are like that, you will get like that" ?

if someone works hard 300 hours and reaction is "who cares" "i can import from other game in one minute (nevermind worse, not realistic)" "aaaa me do better if i have time" "so what that someone use it" "give me MLODS for credits, i wanna my own addon and fame" "unless you not give me MLODS i will be saying your addon is wrong" etc.

than addonmaker feel sick

like in real life society

there are robbers, criminals - some 2-3% of EVERY society in world

there is no problem that one robber beat man on street - we have police, jails, guns etc. and someone reacts, calls , arrest that man

BUT there is BIG PROBLEM when noone react and turn heads "i haven't seen anything sir" !!! than it means "society problem"

i think FAFW seen here some voices of such "turn head, what's the problem , seen nothing, don't laundry"

Edited by vilas

I am very disappointed that members of the Frenchpoint team seem intent on pursuing a public argument about an alleged breach of agreement, despite my polite request to discuss these matters privately. However, in the interest of protecting the reputation of Bohemia Interactive I can provide the following explanation.

In response to the posting of a commercial-in-confidence document by NicoBOS05, here, please note that the document shown is a quotation, not an invoice. This means, very simply, that the document is not a demand for payment.

Although the authors involved seem to have forgotten, at the time they very much wanted Bohemia to sell their add-ons and we were quoting on their behalf, with their permission. However, as the quote was never executed, the add-ons were never received by BIA and therefore never sent to the customer.

Again, I ask the individuals concerned (i.e. the actual authors, not a generic Frenchpoint representative) to contact me privately so we can resolve this matter in a mature fashion, if indeed there is a matter to be resolved.

I would also like to reinforce the point that I made previously – Bohemia does not steal add-ons from the community. We try to work with mod teams where possible but obviously the Frenchpoint team has imploded and has decided to blame Bohemia, which is a very big shame and quite unfair.

Thank you for your understanding. There are two sides to this story.

Edited by snYpir

Thread closed and all posts after Snypir's deleted, the request was made for the appropriate people to discuss this in PM with BIA directly, if it's as much an issue as they say it is then they should do that, leaving such a thread open to the public like this is not healthy for anyone. Airing such dirty laundry, throwing such accusations around is not acceptable on here by anyone to anyone.